Tonight’s Games | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Tonight’s Games

Jul 6, 2005
Clarke_B":2sjj8h0g said:
Tonights results have confirmed relegation for me. Everyone else has fighting spirit except Argyle.

We will lose to Accrington and draw or lose against Scunthorpe. Just hope Harrogate Town go up from the National League so I can have a cracking weekend in Leeds next season!
Tremendous battling performances from the two relegation strugglers away to top 6 opposition; if only we had similar bottle against anyone!

Has anyone got a worse record than ours against the top 6 of just 3 points from a possible 36?

Jul 24, 2009
I’ll be very surprised if we stay up now. Wimbledon have shown great fighting spirit and Scunthorpe have Bradford at home next up. You never know but a sad time to be an Argyle fan. To be honest we deserve it for the absolute abomination of recruitment effort last summer. Still can’t quite believe what a mess Adams made of it.

Sep 6, 2006
nick_PASTIE":3mq008gd said:
Our only hope is that Scunthorpe are just as poor and low on confidence as we are. That is a massive get out for us if we get through this weekend with it still in "our hands".

It's a big straw but I'm clutching it.

It wont be in our hands if Wimbledon beat Wycombe and we dont beat Accy. Whatever Scunthorpe do we can finish above them by beating them.

Mar 23, 2019
We're actually going down aren't we.....

Wimbledon are 100% not finishing the bottom four which means we need four, probably six points from the next two.

Absolutely disgraceful that this is happening. Getting relegated whilst teams like Burton, Accrington, Rochdale, Wycombe, Shrewsbury etc survive.

derbygreen

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2003
Paignton....was Derby
I really don't want to be negative but I can't see us staying up. I just don't think we have the ability or belief within the club/squad. It just feels like we've given up. I just can't believe the mess we are in.

Aug 10, 2006
Clarke_B":1i6sr4l4 said:
Tonights results have confirmed relegation for me. Everyone else has fighting spirit except Argyle.

We will lose to Accrington and draw or lose against Scunthorpe. Just hope Harrogate Town go up from the National League so I can have a cracking weekend in Leeds next season!
cracking weekend in Leeds where?

Feb 2, 2007
Balham_Green":2t4x9jc5 said:
nick_PASTIE":2t4x9jc5 said:
Our only hope is that Scunthorpe are just as poor and low on confidence as we are. That is a massive get out for us if we get through this weekend with it still in "our hands".

It wont be in our hands if Wimbledon beat Wycombe and we dont beat Accy. Whatever Scunthorpe do we can finish above them by beating them.

Sort of unless we draw at Accrington and Rochdale beat Southend so it could still be in our hands even if we don't win and Don's do.

Sep 3, 2011
Clarke_B":1a7jqo04 said:

Me too! And let's not forget Bradford.

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Southend have two difficult fixtures - away against a resurgent Rochdale who will want to finish well in front of their own fans and then home against Sunderland who might well still be chasing automatic promotion. Southend fans would probably swap their fixtures for ours given the choice. I suspect our best bet is that Southend fail to win either of their remaining games and we somehow beat Scunthorpe to finish above both those two (with Walsall also going down).

Oct 14, 2015
I don’t think Southend will get another point so we need to get above them

They have in form Rochdale who have a manager looking to get the job permanently so will want to finish strongly and then home to Sunderland on the last day..

Bradford
Walsall
Scunny
Southend

Over the last 6 home games Accrington are bottom of current form and last 6 away games Scunthorpe are 2nd bottom so on paper we couldn’t have asked for easy fixtures....

One stumbling block is that we are in wretched form, players low on confidence and it appears a manager who may have lost the dressing room

It’s going to be an interesting weekend.....

I think we’ll beat Accrington

Sep 6, 2006
The Doctor":rdid2dij said:
Southend have two difficult fixtures - away against a resurgent Rochdale who will want to finish well in front of their own fans and then home against Sunderland who might well still be chasing automatic promotion. Southend fans would probably swap their fixtures for ours given the choice. I suspect our best bet is that Southend fail to win either of their remaining games and we somehow beat Scunthorpe to finish above both those two (with Walsall also going down).

Good shout

May 16, 2016
I've just noticed the Luton score. I'm resigned to the relegation now. Not sure we're capable of the Wimbledon fighting spirit. My money has already gone on the Early Birds well.

As a distraction, the Title and Championship could, theoretically not be Lutons after all this time.

Sep 6, 2006
nick_PASTIE":3e0gabk0 said:
Balham_Green":3e0gabk0 said:
nick_PASTIE":3e0gabk0 said:

Sort of unless we draw at Accrington and Rochdale beat Southend so it could still be in our hands even if we don't win and Don's do.

True. Forgot Southend. Momentum is just not with us though.