Tonight’s Games | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Tonight’s Games

Jul 29, 2016
Brussels, Belgium
The Doctor":2zruvmqk said:
Pafcineurope":2zruvmqk said:
Sean":2zruvmqk said:
Pafcineurope":2zruvmqk said:
I'd prefer both games to end in a draw. If Accrington ans Wycombe both win we drop nearer to the bottom and I am not looking forward to our run-in; especially finishing at Accrington. Fingers crossed.

Why would you prefer Wycombe get a point? Surely a 5-0 away win would be the best result.

I do agree, however I don't see a 0-5 drubbing and Charlton will be pretty happy with a point, but would prefer 3. Wycombe are fighting for their lives, like us, but appear to have a little more steel.

I'm not sure where you get this idea from. They have lost their last 4 games and have just 3 draws in their last 11 games. You have to go back 12 games to 26th January to find the last game they won - that was against Argyle and was their 3rd win in a row.
Steel now my friend. We are in deep poo!! You laughed too soon.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Welwyn Pilgrim":lh7pwx5u said:
I don’t think Southend will get another point so we need to get above them

They have in form Rochdale who have a manager looking to get the job permanently so will want to finish strongly and then home to Sunderland on the last day..

Bradford
Walsall
Scunny
Southend

Over the last 6 home games Accrington are bottom of current form and last 6 away games Scunthorpe are 2nd bottom so on paper we couldn’t have asked for easy fixtures....

One stumbling block is that we are in wretched form, players low on confidence and it appears a manager who may have lost the dressing room

It’s going to be an interesting weekend.....

I think we’ll beat Accrington

Stanley can play pretty much pressure free now. Not mathematically safe but would rather be in their shoes than ours. Guess they might take foot off pedal a little, but, more likely they will relax while we seem to struggle in pressure situations.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
demportdave":1qt8x6mv said:
Clarke_B":1qt8x6mv said:
Tonights results have confirmed relegation for me. Everyone else has fighting spirit except Argyle.

We will lose to Accrington and draw or lose against Scunthorpe. Just hope Harrogate Town go up from the National League so I can have a cracking weekend in Leeds next season!
Tremendous battling performances from the two relegation strugglers away to top 6 opposition; if only we had similar bottle against anyone!

Has anyone got a worse record than ours against the top 6 of just 3 points from a possible 36?

Wow!!! Got to admit that is a horrendous, almost shameful, stat, Dave.

Dec 3, 2005
davie nine":zay2y7lm said:
demportdave":zay2y7lm said:
Clarke_B":zay2y7lm said:
Tonights results have confirmed relegation for me. Everyone else has fighting spirit except Argyle.

We will lose to Accrington and draw or lose against Scunthorpe. Just hope Harrogate Town go up from the National League so I can have a cracking weekend in Leeds next season!
Tremendous battling performances from the two relegation strugglers away to top 6 opposition; if only we had similar bottle against anyone!

Has anyone got a worse record than ours against the top 6 of just 3 points from a possible 36?

Have we got any good stats?

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
these two sides have fighting spirit which,in view of freddies embarrasing tweet,we don't have.accy have pace in their side and we don't.what a miserable season.

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
djg145":4b6lxljg said:
davie nine":4b6lxljg said:
demportdave":4b6lxljg said:
Clarke_B":4b6lxljg said:

Have we got any good stats?

We must be bottom of the form table - 4 games, one goal, zero points.

One win in 10 games.

I'm sure one of the green tints will be along to point out the brief improvement in January and tell us that everything is fine.

Jul 12, 2016
Unlike the other sides around us we have a team of bottlers.In addition if we get relegated ,which is looking odds on, expect Adams to tell us he can't believe it happened because the stats show we are better than the table indicates. The whole season has been forgettable and the last thing I want to hear is a manager bulling up his previous achievements to detract from the current mess he has created.

Penlee

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
Assuming Southend don't beat Rochdale OR Sunderland (probable?) all we have to do is beat Scunthorpe and we're safe whatever else happens (ie we can lose to Accrington).

Hopefully we can get something up there though.

Mark Smith

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Luxembourg and Horsham
This is true.

One very small positive from last night’s result is that Peterborough will need to get a result at Walsall to keep the pressure on Doncaster, which will definitively remove Walsall from our equation.

And if Sunderland beat Portsmouth on Saturday they’ll probably go to Southend still in with a chance of getting an automatic place.

It’s ironic that this time last season we had what was virtually a winner-takes-all contest at the top of the table against Scunthorpe when we were both vying for the playoffs. How things have changed.

Jan 10, 2015
Plymouth
I have to admit im one of those who thought we shall get results from last two games & others around us will not, however after last nights performances by Wimbledon & Accy i now fear the worse as others have said other teams appear to be fighting a lot more than us.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
David_Fisher":3gnzujxl said:

One win in 10 games.

I'm sure one of the green tints will be along to point out the brief improvement in January and tell us that everything is fine.

The form table is important. In January it showed us heading one way - so I was very positive - and now it shows us heading another - so now I'm very negative. Simple as that with no delusion or green-tintedness, just opinion based on facts.

I'm so, so, so pi55ed off that we've collapsed completely after looking like a very good team again for a while.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Biggs":1zg2taab said:
David_Fisher":1zg2taab said:

One win in 10 games.

The form table is important. In January it showed us heading one way - so I was very positive - and now it shows us heading another - so now I'm very negative. Simple as that with no delusion or green-tintedness, just opinion based on facts.

I'm so, so, so pi55ed off that we've collapsed completely after looking like a very good team again for a while.

The form table is a 6 (or sometimes 8) match snapshot - any number of teams can have a brief purple patch only to revert to type - as Argyle have done
It should never be used to make sweeping assumptions that everything is rosy, or as a means to stifle people's long-standing concerns over the management of the team
Hopefully in future the form table can be roundly ignored as a method of gauging the long term health of the team

Jul 6, 2005
Biggs":1y2sdu6e said:
David_Fisher":1y2sdu6e said:

One win in 10 games.

... and yet you still cannot bring yourself to put any blame on the man mainly responsible for this utterly dreadful season which will end up with us back in the basement after 4 years under his control.

With yet another rebuilt squad next season and a significant drop in income as a result of being relegated, it may be unrealistic to expect us to bounce straight back up and we may have to settle for mid-table mediocrity in League 2 for at least a couple of seasons, meaning that 5 years under Adam's would unquestionably have taken us backwards despite the assurances and the absolute certainty of you and a few others that Adams was the man to take Argyle forward.

Looking on the bright side, it should be easy to get a table in the new matchday hospitality area with the likes of Morecambe and Macclesfield, not to mention Solihull Moors, rocking up at HP.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
demportdave":v63fp4kr said:
... and yet you still cannot bring yourself to put any blame on the man mainly responsible for this utterly dreadful season which will end up with us back in the basement after 4 years under his control.

Completely untrue.

My position is very simple. As long as we were constantly progressing - as we were - and over-performing relative to budget, I am/was well behind the manager as that's an impressive and under appreciated record over three seasons.

If the catastrophe of relegation happens, that position changes and I think Adams has to take responsibility and ultimately he or Argyle make a change.

That OK?

David Friio's mate

✅ Evergreen
Apr 8, 2019
Biggs":1jb8jiwu said:
David_Fisher":1jb8jiwu said:

One win in 10 games.

This is the very definition of "knee-jerk" reaction, a phrase bandied around by Adams apologists whenever anyone was concerned about how rubbish the team and our management was to try and discredit naysayers.No consideration of the overall bigger picture, just focusing on our form over a few games.

This is precisely why writing off half the season - again - was nowhere near acceptable and why the manager probably should have gone pre-Christmas.