Time For The Fletcher Out Chant | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Time For The Fletcher Out Chant

• Thread starter Cult Of Personality
  • Start date
Nov 12, 2012
Well said "Up the line", you can be loud but subtle about your feeling towards the direction, performances and results of Argyle, its easy to accept and not do anything, ostrict with head in the sand, and by the looks of it there are plenty of these at Argyle. A Person once said "You can wait for an apple to fall from a tree, or you can shake the tree". Its time the tree was given a good shake.

G

greenscooby

up_the_line":3agll6da said:
bringonthemilkman":3agll6da said:
I thought the Blackburn campaign was awful, cringeworthy and embarrassing. We are better than that - at least I'd like to think so.
We are supporters our job is to support so let's get on with it.[/quote]

So what we just blithely carry on singing our hearts out and forking out good money to watch perpetual drivel because that's "good support".
Well to me it's the opposite of good support. Good support is wanting the best for the CLUB. I support Plymouth Argyle, and long after Fletcher and the current crop of players are gone as soon enough they will be over the years to come I will still support Plymouth Argyle. Supporting Plymouth Argyle to me however, does not constitute or entail a pig-headed indifference to events on the pitch or the clear failings of the management. There are lines as to what constitutes reasonable behaivour but campaiging for a change does not necessarily mean being abusive towards individuals (eg. Blackburn). Being a good supporter however doesn't mean sitting on your hands in meek acceptance of any amount of rubbish no matter how much spin is put on it by the club and / or manager. I want the best for Plymouth Argyle, to me and to most it is abundantly clear that the best thing for the wellbeing of Plymouth Argyle is a new manager so are you seriously telling me that to be a good supporter I must ignore the zany formations, selections and tactics, the complete lack of discipline and either keep schtum or if not then sing about how great we are?

:iagree:

Aug 12, 2010
South Wales
No way would I do a fletch out chant.
I once booed an Argyle side after they got whupped 4 - 0 at Fulham, I am ashamed and I regret that and I will never boo Argyle again. I no longer have confidence in Carl's abilities but Argyle fans should show restraint. I am sure J B knows the mood and I get the feeling Colin Sextone is here to move the situation on.

I am sure the best way to communicate concerns would be to write to the board and articulate your precise concerns, there have been many good points made on Pasoti also and I am sure Brent is a reader of this site.
I have seen very few quality well resourced managers at Argyle in 40 years. (if any ) The next incumbent will inherit a team that needs shipping out ( bar a few) but will be up against what I presume CF was up against, no one quality wants to sign for us currently, ( Rhys the fireman was his ninth choice striker apparently ).
So when you are all done dancing in the streets when the inevitable happens, get ready for the next clown.

Jul 16, 2008
ghost of hughie reed":2sk4stjy said:
No way would I do a fletch out chant.
I once booed an Argyle side after they got whupped 4 - 0 at Fulham, I am ashamed and I regret that and I will never boo Argyle again. I no longer have confidence in Carl's abilities but Argyle fans should show restraint. I am sure J B knows the mood and I get the feeling Colin Sextone is here to move the situation on.

I am sure the best way to communicate concerns would be to write to the board and articulate your precise concerns, there have been many good points made on Pasoti also and I am sure Brent is a reader of this site.
I have seen very few quality well resourced managers at Argyle in 40 years. (if any ) The next incumbent will inherit a team that needs shipping out ( bar a few) but will be up against what I presume CF was up against, no one quality wants to sign for us currently, ( Rhys the fireman was his ninth choice striker apparently ).
So when you are all done dancing in the streets when the inevitable happens, get ready for the next clown.

Agreed, people have very short memories, it was only last year Fletcher went months without pay to help keep Argyle alive. People are entitled to their views cos let's face it we're on an awful run, but to chant Fletcher out , no way he deserves better than that.

Dec 3, 2005
£425 for what on my bank statement says - Entertainment - lol

How deluded was I to buy a season ticket, could off spent that money on some real entertainment, and spending that money gives me the right to say whatever I wish at Argyle on Saturday. If that includes joining in with this chant then that's what I will do.

Chesterfield have won tonight 4-1 against Cheltenham who are in 3rd position lol

R

Rob1983

I agree he has to go. Its the wrong Job for a new young manager! But he doesn't deserve " out chants"

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Rob1983":30i23v01 said:
I agree he has to go. Its the wrong Job for a new young manager! But he doesn't deserve " out chants"
i will be chanting fletcher out as soon as the first goal against slams into the net.i paid my money in july and i will say what i want.it will not be abusive, just fletcher out

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Aerok":14r5g8ao said:
In my opinion, if he doesn't resign (and he should *now*) and isn't removed, then the board will obviously need the "Out" chants on Saturday.
i agree totally.and a blackburn march would not do any harm.fletcher has been paid a fortune since he came here to play,i am aware that he went without for a period, but he will receive this.he and romain and the maypole dancing leader must be sacked tomorrow. over to you mr. sexstone