Time For The Fletcher Out Chant | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Time For The Fletcher Out Chant

• Thread starter Cult Of Personality
  • Start date
Mar 30, 2006
Horsedowns, Cornwall
Taxman Dave":1wfxkyuk said:
hoovermelon":1wfxkyuk said:
Taxman Dave":1wfxkyuk said:
What a pathetic thread!

We play well at home and the numpties crawl back under their rocks. Lose a game (yes one game - every team gets rolled over every now and again) and the keyboard warriors are out in force!

We will not go down. It is work in progress.
Get off the mans back FFS !

Jesus christ

Im speechless. One game?. Every team gets rolled over once in a while?

Its every f****g week!

We will go down if nothing is done and its not work in progress we are going backwards

Wake up and smell the coffee and stop accepting crap as the standard

PAFC is better than this

But that's it...it is not every week!

I'm not happy with the results and some of the performances haven't been good enough. BUT people have to get real?! From where we were we were never likely to be up there this year, especially with change of style.

We have a young squad that need encouraging. All this poo on hear calling for fletch to go is pathetic. It's not me that needs "smell the coffee"

We haven't won in almost a month. And we've been knocked out of the FA Cup by a non-league team.

Let's be honest, it's every week at the moment.

Feb 28, 2010
Mannamead
Like booing your own players this is just wrong.
If Carl doesn't turn it around in the next 2 then I think the board will seriously consider their options

But booing against your team, or calling for the manager's head during the actual game, will do nothing for the team, it's morale and will be to the detriment of the club.

The board like us are watching the games and seeing the results. In view of last season's achievements, I can understand that Carl Has been given up until now to prove his worth.

Just back your team and should he not turn it round in the next few, then consider after game options ie protests / petitions etc
Keep the faith

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
I am not sure what was happened in the last few years with chanting to show dissatisfaction against an Argyle manager. It seems to have died out since the day Bobby Williamson went; I remember the last few matches of his tenure were meeted with "you don't know what you're doing" or "we want Bobby out" and his football was relative to expectations far better than Carl's dire dross.

The vast majority on here are fuming at Carl still being in his job but the mildest hint at show disatisfaction at a game is met with a response of suggesting armed robbery. Yet the majority now must have been present in the Bobby days. Is it that attitudes have changed or the championship masses of green were made up of more fickle fans or were the larger numbers less manipulated by the alleged "influential few".

I think it is all heading towards those "influential few" hitting it hard and fast, with a major, and I mean major, leaflet campaign.

If I wasn't in Toronto I would happily join in with Fletcher out chants on Tuesday; but reading the comments on here I would have misjudged the etiquette so be shushed also.

Jan 31, 2010
Worcester
Aerok":1jsq0tvr said:
Taxman Dave":1jsq0tvr said:
hoovermelon":1jsq0tvr said:
Taxman Dave":1jsq0tvr said:
What a pathetic thread!

We play well at home and the numpties crawl back under their rocks. Lose a game (yes one game - every team gets rolled over every now and again) and the keyboard warriors are out in force!

Jesus christ

Its every f****g week!

We will go down if nothing is done and its not work in progress we are going backwards

PAFC is better than this

I'm not happy with the results and some of the performances haven't been good enough. BUT people have to get real?! From where we were we were never likely to be up there this year, especially with change of style.

We have a young squad that need encouraging. All this poo on hear calling for fletch to go is pathetic. It's not me that needs "smell the coffee"

We haven't won in almost a month. And we've been knocked out of the FA Cup by a non-league team.

Let's be honest it isn't every week, with the performance against the top of the table showing some good signs. Admittedly we havent won in a month but (ignoring that poor showing against the part-timers) the last 4 league games have been against top 8 sides. We could have got something out of some of those games too.

I get that it is not good, and people have the the right to do what ever they feel is right. But calling for Fletch's head, at this moment in time, in my opinion is not the right thing to do. If we find ourselves in the same position after the Christmas schedule then I could understand why people will do it (I'm not one for chopping and changing). But we have games against:

Bradford A (7th)
Chesterfield H (16th)
York H (13th)
Scum A (9th)
Accrington A (17th)
-------------------------------------half way point of season
Torquay H (12th)
Wycombe H (24th)

I think we will get 9-12 points during this run and Pasoti will be a much happier place!

Dec 22, 2009
West London
Taxman Dave,

I admire your loyalty and positivity....but -

Not only are we losing, but we are losing to northern villages and non-league teams.

Please take a look at the league table, and the cup competitions we have left to look forward to.

We haven't got any money, and our manager has potential, and the youth players have potential; I agree. It seems to me that football is as much about now as it is the future - so we need to get the balance right. At the moment perhaps Carl Fletcher would be good at managing the youth side - but he has proven that he does not have the ability to lead the first team.

I also think that the 'Fletcher Out' chanting won't help - it reminds me of protestors carrying banners saying 'no public cuts'; what it the alternative to the current situation? If we had a new manager:
Who is available?
Who can we afford?
How much would he (or she) have available to spend on players - to change the current situation?

Stay positive

Dec 7, 2006
Taxman Dave":1wmfnj1u said:
Aerok":1wmfnj1u said:
hoovermelon":1wmfnj1u said:
What a pathetic thread!

Jesus christ

Its every f****g week!

PAFC is better than this

Let's be honest it isn't every week, with the performance against the top of the table showing some good signs. Admittedly we havent won in a month but (ignoring that poor showing against the part-timers) the last 4 league games have been against top 8 sides. We could have got something out of some of those games too.

I get that it is not good, and people have the the right to do what ever they feel is right. But calling for Fletch's head, at this moment in time, in my opinion is not the right thing to do. If we find ourselves in the same position after the Christmas schedule then I could understand why people will do it (I'm not one for chopping and changing). But we have games against:

Bradford A (7th)
Chesterfield H (16th)
York H (13th)
Scum A (9th)
Accrington A (17th)
Torquay H (12th)
Wycombe H (24th)

I think we will get 9-12 points during this run and Pasoti will be a much happier place!
Oh FFS! By that time, with results and performances going the way they are, we will be bottom or next to. :facepalm: You are Neville Chamberlain and I claim my £5.

Jan 31, 2010
Worcester
FordGreen":k8iywhdy said:
Taxman Dave":k8iywhdy said:
Aerok":k8iywhdy said:
hoovermelon":k8iywhdy said:
What a pathetic thread!

Jesus christ

Its every f****g week!

PAFC is better than this

Bradford A (7th)
Chesterfield H (16th)
York H (13th)
Scum A (9th)
Accrington A (17th)
Torquay H (12th)
Wycombe H (24th)

Oh FFS! By that time, with results and performances going the way they are, we will be bottom or next to. :facepalm: You are Neville Chamberlain and I claim my £5.

Could you see me waving the piece of paper decreeing "peace in our time"...

I get the pessism, but a couple of results and the whole situation changes. It is not as dark as 85% of the posters would have you believe. There is the question of whether Fletch was the right man at the time but he did a great job in keeping us up from a seemingly impossible position. Before you boys start sounding the bugle, I know this doesnt guarantee his job, but he deserves some time to get his ideas across. It will be tough at times, but we wont be relegated and we will be better for this experience.

I genuinely believe that we will get 9-12 points during this period and I look forward to the glow of satisfaction!

As for being buried by Christmas...pathetic!

Nov 12, 2012
Yes I agree with the fans who state a chant of "Fletcher out" is disrespectful, to shout for a man to loose his job in full public display is more than harsh. What those angry fans must remember is Fletcher showed the club loyalty and good leadership qualities when the club was at its worst ebb (administration) era. What sort of way would that be for fans to re-pay this.

If you feel like me that the team is loosing direction and results are poor, we need to be more subtle, perhaps a written partition to the board of directors listing our concerns for the teams performances and direction being taken, would be far more appropriate and respectful to a family man and dedicated professional, even though proving to be an ineffective manager.

Yet remember this is not all Fetcher's doing, my concern is more that Brent and the board have been sat idol on the investment front. I did'nt expect them to throw million and millions at the team, but some investment would help to develop the team, rather than solely relieing on loan signings. No company can hope to improve or develop without investment.

In fletcher's defence he jumped into the deep end with no managerial experience, no financial backing and now he is drowning, lets throw him and the club a new lifeline, bring in a defensive and striking coach to work with him, if Fletcher declines then its that, or resignation/sacking.

Jim Magilton ex Ipswich and QPR manager for me, got both teams into play off's in Championship with no investment, at a time when Ipswich were on the edge of adminstration, and selling off their best players. So he has a history of achieving in adversity not to far from the situation we currently reside in.

Feb 21, 2011
I have never joined in with a manager out chant and won't be joining this one either if it occurs. The last thing this young team needs is that sort of mob mentality bollox. I'm as dissapointed as anyone with recent results but let's be honest who expected us to get much out of the last month or so's fixtures, Dorchester aside the only suprise was the point we gained against Gillingham. As is quoted earlier in this thread we have a month of winnable games coming up, let's see where we are at Christmas and go from there.

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
Fletch needs to go, and we need to stand up on Saturday before he helps put this club back even further

Aug 10, 2006
mattym":1i8e1xq5 said:
Yes I agree with the fans who state a chant of "Fletcher out" is disrespectful, to shout for a man to loose his job in full public display is more than harsh. What those angry fans must remember is Fletcher showed the club loyalty and good leadership qualities when the club was at its worst ebb (administration) era. What sort of way would that be for fans to re-pay this.

If you feel like me that the team is loosing direction and results are poor, we need to be more subtle, perhaps a written partition to the board of directors listing our concerns for the teams performances and direction being taken, would be far more appropriate and respectful to a family man and dedicated professional, even though proving to be an ineffective manager.

Yet remember this is not all Fetcher's doing, my concern is more that Brent and the board have been sat idol on the investment front. I did'nt expect them to throw million and millions at the team, but some investment would help to develop the team, rather than solely relieing on loan signings. No company can hope to improve or develop without investment.

In fletcher's defence he jumped into the deep end with no managerial experience, no financial backing and now he is drowning, lets throw him and the club a new lifeline, bring in a defensive and striking coach to work with him, if Fletcher declines then its that, or resignation/sacking.

Jim Magilton ex Ipswich and QPR manager for me, got both teams into play off's in Championship with no investment, at a time when Ipswich were on the edge of adminstration, and selling off their best players. So he has a history of achieving in adversity not to far from the situation we currently reside in.
he only stayed loyal to the wage he was on as a player ffs i bet that summer before he activated his contract for another 12 months he touted himself about to other clubs and when he realised nobody would pay him more money he stayed quote because my wife and kids like the area unquote.

Feb 13, 2004
Not where I should be.
As I am fed up saying, keeping us up last season is not the same as being a successful manager. Last season, to use a Skyism, he needed to park the bus for each game. Not losing a game is not the same as being a good manager. He had to do damage limitation. He also had the 'luck' that bottom two went into freefall. We could only draw at Hereford, remember.
I know we should never take anything from pre-season friendlies, but getting tonked 5-0 by Yeovil would currently, be a fair reflection of our ability. Also, scraping a draw at Tiverton would also reflect our current form. Certainly approaching halfway through the season, we are not improving but regressing. The team that finished last season with dire, defensive football could beat this team - and it's virtually the same one!

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
I thought the Blackburn campaign was awful, cringeworthy and embarrassing. We are better than that - at least I'd like to think so.
We are supporters our job is to support so let's get on with it.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
bringonthemilkman said:
I thought the Blackburn campaign was awful, cringeworthy and embarrassing. We are better than that - at least I'd like to think so.
We are supporters our job is to support so let's get on with it.[/quote]

So what we just blithely carry on singing our hearts out and forking out good money to watch perpetual drivel because that's "good support".
Well to me it's the opposite of good support. Good support is wanting the best for the CLUB. I support Plymouth Argyle, and long after Fletcher and the current crop of players are gone as soon enough they will be over the years to come I will still support Plymouth Argyle. Supporting Plymouth Argyle to me however, does not constitute or entail a pig-headed indifference to events on the pitch or the clear failings of the management. There are lines as to what constitutes reasonable behaivour but campaiging for a change does not necessarily mean being abusive towards individuals (eg. Blackburn). Being a good supporter however doesn't mean sitting on your hands in meek acceptance of any amount of rubbish no matter how much spin is put on it by the club and / or manager. I want the best for Plymouth Argyle, to me and to most it is abundantly clear that the best thing for the wellbeing of Plymouth Argyle is a new manager so are you seriously telling me that to be a good supporter I must ignore the zany formations, selections and tactics, the complete lack of discipline and either keep schtum or if not then sing about how great we are?

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
Whilst the game's being played I think we should support the (hopefully!) 11 men on the pitch, when the whislte blows for full-time or half-time then if people want to sing for Fletcher out then I reckon that's when it should be done, though no booing, the players may take it to heart.