The Vibe at Stoke (a) | Page 12 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The Vibe at Stoke (a)

Will you boo or cheer Schuey on Saturday?

• Boo

Votes: 107 34.0%
  • Cheer/applaud

Votes: 26 8.3%
  • I don't care

Votes: 182 57.8%

• Total voters
Mar 11, 2021
Tavistock
We will beat Stoke. I'm confident. As for SS coming back when the managerial roundabout starts? No way. Not going to happen - he mugged off everyone at PAFC. Trying to get other jobs before the infamous " get to the Choppaaaaa" moment.

We can get someone better. Someone who knows the Championship and how to stay up. It's going to be just as rough next year assuming we stay up - I think a few more points and we're nailed on.

Saturday will be extra spicy that's for sure. The chance to secure safety and put SS and Stoke right in the brown stuff. What an opportunity that is.

May 16, 2016
If, in some weird fantasy sequence bad movie type way, Schumacher were to comeback, we'd get the Stoke version not the historical Argyle one.

It's not going to happen anytime soon, if ever. Leave it for a chapter in his memoirs or a hypothetical question he'll get asked when he finds himself stuck on the 'punditry rounds' for a while.

Post Stoke and later next season he'll pop up in Wrexham.

Reactions: Rosie
Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Lucky person who has the front row seat near the dugout to see how the respective parties greet each other before the game kicks off

In our corner Comfy Argyle Slippers who know so well the opposition dug out
Opposition dug out playing at home with their fans on their case from minute 1

Schuey's comfort blanket & once mentor can't bail him out as our wily old fox along with Nance & our players will have a game plan to obtain the 3pts
Personally, I would like to see the and hear the words exchanged when Nance and Dewsnip shake hands with SS at the end of the game with Argyle hopefully having won

German Shepherd

🚑 Steve Hooper
Oct 2, 2009
Fulwood Lancs
Any £20 confetti notes with SS mug on them similar to the Leicester visit following the Holloway departure, or did I just imagine that? :giggle:
I grabbed loads of those notes at Leicester & dropped one of them in the corridor at work & watched to see what would happen; someone spotted it , looked round to see if anyone was watching & snuck it in their back pocket.....I'd love it if he tried to use it as legal tender in a shop 😂

Oct 9, 2023
My only concern with playing Schumacher’s Stoke is because Schumacher was a mate to a lot of Argyle players. Will those Argyle players go into the game with the same intensity or motivation as they would any other team knowing that if we win it could lead to a mate getting the sack?
Even a drop off of 5% could lead to a difficult afternoon.
Yes, I have that fear too of Argyle playing against their old mates.

But, likewise , will Ennis and Cundle go into this game with 'the same intensity or motivation ' as against any other team ?

Cundle for sure , as shown by his goal for Argyle this season against old club Swansea. But as regards Ennis , hopefully
he won't be as good on Saturday as he was in the final few games last season (where , as we all know, he really helped us get over the finishing line to become Champions).

So, I daresay that a draw might be a good outcome for both sides on Saturday !
However, only Russell Grant with his
magic ball will know the score beforehand !

Mark58

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
At the end of the day Schumacher is worse than Lowe for what he has done. The trouble is players and managers are mercenaries chasing the highest buck, which is understandable cause of the short career, the only constant is us the Green Army, just a pity some of them didn't show some loyalty at times.
...and when considering loyalty let us not forget that Schumacher was not exactly 'loyal' to his best mate when he took his job rather than supporting him in his new role at Preston. The expression about leopards and spots comes to mind.

No, I do not want him back. Indeed, in the very unlikely event that I were ever to shake hands with him I would count my fingers afterwards. ;)

CarolinaGreen

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
Jun 10, 2006
Raleigh, North Carolina
I'd say if we're 3-0 up with 10 to go have at, overwise it might just get their player's up for it. That and I think there are probably still some of our players who like him.

Granby Green

♣️ Senior Greens
Mar 16, 2018
I reckon before the the match and during the match it would be better to disregard Shuey altogether. Concentrate on backing are own players and management. If we manage to win or draw at the end of the game we could all celebrate with a rousing chorus of
Shueys crashed the car!!
Shueys crashed the car!!
Ee aye adio
Shueys crashed the car!!
Works for me. Might even bring tears to my eyes😂😂