The Play Off race (and bets placed) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The Play Off race (and bets placed)

Jan 27, 2012
IJN":3a9vjn9u said:
How is the team underfunded? DA has recently stated that he had money spare from the summer?

You like to keep on repeating your mantra I know, but at least base it on fact not your imagination.

In fairness, you are pretty good at repeating yourself as well IJN. On various topics.

The budget has been discussed many times on this forum. Adams comments to the media suggest it isn't that brilliant.

The squad may be capable of survival in League One but the reality is that they are still very close to the relegation zone. Without some better quality additions to the squad it's hard to see Argyle fighting to get into the Championship any time soon. That will surely require greater investment in the squad. Players like Doyle for example, who Adams could not afford to sign.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
gaspargomez":15zhfhwi said:
IJN":15zhfhwi said:
How is the team underfunded? DA has recently stated that he had money spare from the summer?

You like to keep on repeating your mantra I know, but at least base it on fact not your imagination.

In fairness, you are pretty good at repeating yourself as well IJN. On various topics.

The budget has been discussed many times on this forum. Adams comments to the media suggest it isn't that brilliant.

The squad may be capable of survival in League One but the reality is that they are still very close to the relegation zone. Without some better quality additions to the squad it's hard to see Argyle fighting to get into the Championship any time soon. That will surely require greater investment in the squad. Players like Doyle for example, who Adams could not afford to sign.

I repeat facts Gaspar, in an attempt to stop what people like you like to do.

For the sake of good record, I will repeat ( :greensmile:) DA recently stated that he had some money left over from his summer budget, which would suggest that anything he was quoted as saying was indeed not quite the picture that was being painted.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
gaspargomez":22ddb8q3 said:
IJN":22ddb8q3 said:

I know you take a very very keen interest in finance and the club budget :) but Doyle moved to Oldham because it was close to Preston and he didn't have to uproot.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
IJN":x4cvn6n5 said:

IJN ....the proof of the pudding will be in the eating,during this transfer window. If Argyle resign Toums and add additional quality to the side then we will know that the current board mean business and are looking to move on (we have some of the best gates in the division so the money is there)...If not it will be the same old....same old...

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I can't argue with stupid logic Alan.

If Toums has an offer from a Championship club nearer his family, I would suggest it's no indicator whatsoever.

The test will be , how the Board back the manager, end of.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I've read those quickly, but I can see him saying nothing of the sort.

Where?

May 8, 2011
gaspargomez":24xjdnar said:
http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/derek-adams-overachieving-plymouth-argyle-421169

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/f ... nue-417379

"...Adams himself has claimed that he and the Pilgrims are overachieving as he has the smallest playing budget in League One this season..."

In the second article he is quoted as saying
“I can’t do anything about it. I can’t compete (financially) with a lot of clubs in this division.

Which means we can compete with some so aren’t the lowest budget.

May 16, 2016
PL2 3DQ":3ap8as3s said:
gaspargomez":3ap8as3s said:
IJN":3ap8as3s said:

I know you take a very very keen interest in finance and the club budget :) but Doyle moved to Oldham because it was close to Preston and he didn't have to uproot.

Like what a Player actually decides is more important to him actually enters into some peoples budget debate ;)

Sep 6, 2006
IJN":3a3envhz said:
gaspargomez":3a3envhz said:
IJN":3a3envhz said:

I repeat facts Gaspar, in an attempt to stop what people like you like to do.

For the sake of good record, I will repeat ( :greensmile:) DA recently stated that he had some money left over from his summer budget, which would suggest that anything he was quoted as saying was indeed not quite the picture that was being painted.

So you accept it was Adams failings in the transfer market not the limited budget that was the problem?

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Don't judge a bloke on how he f@@ks up, judge him on how he rectifies the f@@k up.