The New Kit 2017/18 (see page 27) | Page 29 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The New Kit 2017/18 (see page 27)

Your thoughts on new home kit

• I like it

Votes: 208 79.7%
  • I don't like it

Votes: 27 10.3%
  • Undecided until seen in flesh

Votes: 26 10.0%

• Total voters
Feb 28, 2016
MarkMatthews":1sqsu4l9 said:
tonycholwell":1sqsu4l9 said:
I understand why the poll offers such a stark choice, but I voted against even though so much of it I like. In particular, well done to Ginsters for allowing the red blob to go. I like stripes, just would have preferred the green to be lighter.

Agree, I would always favour proper Argyle green over corporate green but it is particularly bad for this design. As a shirt for fans to wear around town down/the pub it’s ok but I think it looks awful with white shorts, proper green would have allowed for black shorts. On the whole I like that black in our kits has come back in more recent seasons but with recent striped shirts I don’t like how they aren’t striped on the back.

A

ArgyleGarg0yle

I'm a big fan, and I couldn't help myself.

TzgiCtK

https://imgur.com/a/TzgiCtK

earl grey

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 26, 2011
Not a fan

Like the stripes even tho the green could be lighter

White collar is poor, let alone a floppy collar (no need)
White edging is poor

White shorts and socks do not go with such a kit

I took my finger and hovered it over the central bit and squinted a bit and it looked just about acceptable

However

That ginsters thing is horrid, have they employed a small child or some drunk delivery driver to redesign it? Terrible...and the worst bit is probably the fact it means the away shirt (which I was quite excited about seeing) will more than likely have the Mickey Mouse designed logo but with the red bit.

Fail all round

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🎫 ST Donor 🎫
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Yay!

Our true colours of Green & Black, a proper collar, and no red blob!

The shirt is great.

Shame about the shorts and socks, but the team needs to be able to see each other.

E

Every Saturday

I might be wrong ... but I think Argyle might have worn a similar kit before ie green and black striped shirts and white shorts. Probably a "one off" - it was at Southampton's old ground, the Dell in August 1975. We started that season with a very fashionable and futuristic all white kit with green and black piping, and whether that was considered too close to Southampton's red and white stripes I don't know, but it was a surprise when Argyle ran out with the first half of the previous season's green and black striped shirts and white shorts. All I remember was Argyle looked very smart indeed in that kit, Aleksic played a blinder ... and we lost 1-0.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
🎫 ST Donor 🎫
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Only just seen it.

Wow. Very, very classy.

Jul 3, 2006
It's a nice design and looks so much better without the red Ginsters logo. But it's still a shade of green that you have to squint at to be sure it's green. Same design but the green from the 1989/90 or 1998/99 kits would be awesome.

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
🎫 ST Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
Proper ansome me thinks