The New Kit 2017/18 (see page 27) | Page 32 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The New Kit 2017/18 (see page 27)

Your thoughts on new home kit

• I like it

Votes: 208 79.7%
  • I don't like it

Votes: 27 10.3%
  • Undecided until seen in flesh

Votes: 26 10.0%

• Total voters

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
Wouldn't have thought so, the kit would've been nailed down long before they came onto the board I would've thought.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
BlackCountryGreen":2n4okwxy said:
Tin hat firmly on. Seems a strong consensus that the club have got this kit right - I think so. Forgive the stereotype but has the new gender balanced Board had an influence? Boom......
There was a fans forum in December, I think, where Martyn Starnes said something about this new kit costing more because it was a bespoke design. (Or some similar kind of event at a similar time) Kit has been designed for quite some time now.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Only thing I like about it are the 2 changes of logo's. Ginsters without the red blob looks so much better but not sure why the Cornish flag had to go as well.

White shorts and socks don't go well with top and makes it look like a mix and match kit.

Don't like stripes
Don't like Collar
Don't like the green

so all in all I find it most strange people have voted to like it.
Maybe they are shitty fans in disguise :whistle:

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
samjones":py83mklk said:
Only thing I like about it are the 2 changes of logo's. Ginsters without the red blob looks so much better but not sure why the Cornish flag had to go as well.

White shorts and socks don't go well with top and makes it look like a mix and match kit.

Don't like stripes
Don't like Collar
Don't like the green

so all in all I find it most strange people have voted to like it.
Maybe they are shitty fans in disguise :whistle:
The Cornish flag is going from all Ginsters branding.

Jul 12, 2011
Mountwise Plymouth
My personal opinion is that it's the best Argyle kit I've seen and I can't wait to submit my pre order.

The ginsters and firebird logos go with the kit and I love the fact the badge is embroidered and happy to pay an extra £2 on the price to have that although the price increase from last season may be just inflation etc.

Well done to those involved in designing this one. Interested to see what the away one will be now.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Yep, you see pretty much every other club (including Manchester United) whack out a shirt with no regard to the sponsor or other little details.

Care has gone into this shirt from all parties, and that feels pretty unique.

Well done Argyle, Puma, Ginsters and Firebird. This is going to sell like hot cakes.

Well I've just pre-ordered mine, despite not being a stripes fan. I was pretty much resigned to not bothering as I'd got irritated by the recent lack of collar, loss of the Cornish flag on last season's shirt and the increasingly irritating nonsense on the back (good to see that is now lower key). However, great to see the return of the collar - even if the white is a little impractical and doesn't really 'go'.

Penlee

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
Last chance saloon for the black and green stripes. If we get relegated next year it will never return due to (unsubstantiated) superstition.

As has been mentioned it's last incarnation was Shilton/Swann era when it was launched in the second leg play off defeat followed by relegation the following year.

That was a shame as I loved it and love this one.too.

I'm too old to get one but both my girls can't wait to get theirs

Pre-order is a must I reckon

Mar 27, 2013
BIDEFORD NORTH DEVON
This will be the most popular Argyle Home kit ever

Argyle & Ginsters have Got it right with the logo

The shirt is stunning love the Green & Black stripes with white collar

Great to see kit launched early and available early in July

Well done Argyle & Puma

#WeAreArgyle

Aug 5, 2016
X Isle":2o3kht5h said:
GreenRich":2o3kht5h said:
https://mobile.twitter.com/Only1Argyle/status/994713946585092096/photo/1

Another teaser on Twitter loks like the red blob has gone?
Having donned a hazmat suit to click on a facetw@tterence I have compared that image to the away kit Ginsters logo from the season just gone.

The lower case 'h' shape in black in the bottom left corner is indeed the same form as the join between the 'I & N' of Ginsters. It does indeed look like Ginsters have removed the red on a home shirt.

SOCO Smiffy now entering a decontamination tunnel.

If confirmed may I make a plea to those who fixate on pasty envy to forego the need to bash Ginsters for a day and simply thank them for a huge gesture to Argyle, they really don't have to do this.

I can only assume that, because Argyle have chosen better away kits in the last couple of seasons, they have seen the sales figures and realised that more shirts sold equals more exposure. From a branding perspective that balances out the need to stick religiously to corporate branding but selling less of them.

Well done Ginsters.

PS - Ian. I am well aware that the same logic COULD extend to the 'branded' shade of green in due course. If the club did the same and it increased sales then it would be proved successful. If/when Argyle choose to to that is their commercial privilege. But if a company far bigger than Argyle can do it then why not. All I would say at that point, as i would say to Ginsters having crossed the Rubicon to the home shirt now, is bleddy stick with it for a long time now to make it distinctive and identifiable.

OK, initial impression good as an ensemble piece, they didn't go with white sleeves and/or side panels which would have made it very messy and the white socks/shorts will appease Derek without ruining the overall look.

If i am to be a bit Mr. Picky the logo looks better without the red but the font looks a bit 70's Hubba Bubba or Wacky Races. I can live with that. I can also live with the white collar and 'cuffs' but I do think it could've done without both to be fair, as a leisure shirt it doesn't need it and as a football shirt it hardly does much to lighten the shirt.

Overall good, nice and distinctive.

I await the reveal of the away shirt for which one I will buy.

PL2 3DQ":2o3kht5h said:
If the away shirt has white or lighter green on it I reckon we'll be wearing that for one or two home Tuesday games, as we did two years ago.
Hmmm, and that worked so well didn't it :think:

I recall at the time there was some sort of Football League rule that said we could only deviate for one fixture a season (possible logic might be to accommodate a preview of the following seasons kit?).

Maybe that rule only applies if the club hasn't in advance notified the league of it's intention to use the 'change kit through the season. If that rule is still in place then Argyle will have sent the league advanced notification this season.

If the away shirt comes without a collar it may swing me towards buying that rather than this one.

You could do with understanding that Ginsters is a multi-million pound company whose branding strategy is a lot more considered than what goes well on a green football shirt, or what keeps a couple of vocal keyboard warriors happy.

Writing essay after essay regarding what shape and shade the sponsors logo should be is about as futile as solving an algebra equation using bubble gum.

Aug 5, 2016
dunlop":1mzp52ps said:
The shirts look like something the SAS would wear on a night time assignment.

If so that's a great branding opportunity for Argyle to be associated with such an elite institution. Given the sponsors logos tend to come off after two washes, i'm not sure how durable the material would be in the jungle or the desert though.

Sep 21, 2003
Peverell
Knibbsworth":206gkw9y said:
X Isle":206gkw9y said:
GreenRich":206gkw9y said:
https://mobile.twitter.com/Only1Argyle/status/994713946585092096/photo/1

Another teaser on Twitter loks like the red blob has gone?
Having donned a hazmat suit to click on a facetw@tterence I have compared that image to the away kit Ginsters logo from the season just gone.

The lower case 'h' shape in black in the bottom left corner is indeed the same form as the join between the 'I & N' of Ginsters. It does indeed look like Ginsters have removed the red on a home shirt.

SOCO Smiffy now entering a decontamination tunnel.

If confirmed may I make a plea to those who fixate on pasty envy to forego the need to bash Ginsters for a day and simply thank them for a huge gesture to Argyle, they really don't have to do this.

I can only assume that, because Argyle have chosen better away kits in the last couple of seasons, they have seen the sales figures and realised that more shirts sold equals more exposure. From a branding perspective that balances out the need to stick religiously to corporate branding but selling less of them.

Well done Ginsters.

PS - Ian. I am well aware that the same logic COULD extend to the 'branded' shade of green in due course. If the club did the same and it increased sales then it would be proved successful. If/when Argyle choose to to that is their commercial privilege. But if a company far bigger than Argyle can do it then why not. All I would say at that point, as i would say to Ginsters having crossed the Rubicon to the home shirt now, is bleddy stick with it for a long time now to make it distinctive and identifiable.

OK, initial impression good as an ensemble piece, they didn't go with white sleeves and/or side panels which would have made it very messy and the white socks/shorts will appease Derek without ruining the overall look.

If i am to be a bit Mr. Picky the logo looks better without the red but the font looks a bit 70's Hubba Bubba or Wacky Races. I can live with that. I can also live with the white collar and 'cuffs' but I do think it could've done without both to be fair, as a leisure shirt it doesn't need it and as a football shirt it hardly does much to lighten the shirt.

Overall good, nice and distinctive.

I await the reveal of the away shirt for which one I will buy.

PL2 3DQ":206gkw9y said:
If the away shirt has white or lighter green on it I reckon we'll be wearing that for one or two home Tuesday games, as we did two years ago.
Hmmm, and that worked so well didn't it :think:

I recall at the time there was some sort of Football League rule that said we could only deviate for one fixture a season (possible logic might be to accommodate a preview of the following seasons kit?).

Maybe that rule only applies if the club hasn't in advance notified the league of it's intention to use the 'change kit through the season. If that rule is still in place then Argyle will have sent the league advanced notification this season.

If the away shirt comes without a collar it may swing me towards buying that rather than this one.

You could do with understanding that Ginsters is a multi-million pound company whose branding strategy is a lot more considered than what goes well on a green football shirt, or what keeps a couple of vocal keyboard warriors happy.

Writing essay after essay regarding what shape and shade the sponsors logo should be is about as futile as solving an algebra equation using bubble gum.

Splendidly put.