The mythical "third strip". (confirmed 25.07) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The mythical "third strip". (confirmed 25.07)

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
pafc_casual":z84r30tv said:
Been told there won’t be many available to buy

If that's the case pafc_casual, I think Argyle/Umbro might be missing a trick. That shirt could make both parties a nice sum.

As with others, I do wonder if it will be too dark to play in, unless the shorts and socks are a bright colour (illuminous orange?)

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Emu":2cg9c0p7 said:
pafc_casual":2cg9c0p7 said:

If that's the case pafc_casual, I think Argyle/Umbro might be missing a trick. That shirt could make both parties a nice sum.

As with others, I do wonder if it will be too dark to play in, unless the shorts and socks are a bright colour (illuminous orange?)

What’s Umbro got to do with it? :think:

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Argyleloyal87":3ftrx8ma said:
Emu":3ftrx8ma said:
pafc_casual":3ftrx8ma said:

What’s Umbro got to do with it? :think:

Oh yea, Puma even! :D

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
hometown5":3fes9pkf said:
Well, I believe Ginsters will not give up their red blob on the third kit.

Would they be willing to join the growing campaign of not carrying sponsors logos on shirts this season?

Huddersfield Town, Motherwell and Newport County have signed up to the initiative started by Paddy Power who sponsor Huddersfield. The clubs will still have sponsors but their name/logo will not feature on shirts.

https://talksport.com/football/576321/m ... -campaign/

A spokesman for Paddy Power said: “Motherwell are the second club to join the ‘Save Our Shirt’ campaign, which sees us give something back to the fans – namely, their shirt.

Jul 29, 2010
Lundan Cabbie":3o07w6vb said:
hometown5":3o07w6vb said:
Well, I believe Ginsters will not give up their red blob on the third kit.

Would they be willing to join the growing campaign of not carrying sponsors logos on shirts this season?

Huddersfield Town, Motherwell and Newport County have signed up to the initiative started by Paddy Power who sponsor Huddersfield. The clubs will still have sponsors but their name/logo will not feature on shirts.

https://talksport.com/football/576321/m ... -campaign/

A spokesman for Paddy Power said: “Motherwell are the second club to join the ‘Save Our Shirt’ campaign, which sees us give something back to the fans – namely, their shirt.
But surely aren't Paddy Power just doing that because of these new rules on betting company sponsorship?

Bet Victor have just taken over sponsorship of the Ithsmian League and there was an almighty panic on when clubs discovered they could not show highlights or photos of their team anywhere an u25 year old might see them if betting sponsorship was displayed. They then 'relaxed' the requirement for team shirts to bear their logo or have advertising hoardings round the pitches.

Paddy Power have got some bleddy cheek to turn these rules round to somehow suggest they are engaged in some fan inspired sponsorship freedom campaign.

Just get betting out of football altogether, make gambling sponsorship and advertising as unthinkable as tobacco and alcohol has now become.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
X Isle":2d0hrp94 said:
Just get betting out of football altogether, make gambling sponsorship and advertising as unthinkable as tobacco and alcohol has now become.

:iagree: :happyclap:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I've always liked sponsors on the kits, it makes then instantly recognisable in my book.

Certain ones jar, but in the main, I'm a fan.

Nov 11, 2012
Keyham
This publicity stunt might work once or twice but it well soon lose it appeal. I cant see many companies lining up to sponsor a team without their name being on the most prominent thing of a football club. All football clubs are struggling for money at the moment and it wont be long before gambling companies well be banned from sport sponsorship. We are very lucky to have Ginsters so I wont begrudge their name on our shirt as well as the other sponsors.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
IJN":1awbsmob said:
I've always liked sponsors on the kits, it makes then instantly recognisable in my book.

I don't mind sponsors names on the shirts, I just wish they weren't made of stick-on plastic. If the Ginsters logo was stitched onto the shirt instead of being a large red sweat-inducing plastic blob I'd have more of them.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
IJN":3w2xt8kf said:

Plenty of national shirts recognisable without sponsors (Brazil, Croatia, Peru, Netherlands). My opinion only I guess but they look classier than something with ChupaChups plastered all over the front.