The corner between the new grandstand and Devonport ends | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The corner between the new grandstand and Devonport ends

Mar 23, 2019
Mat":88xanpzq said:
Action Jackson":88xanpzq said:
I was watching Sky Sports News the other day and they were covering something on the MLS and behind their goal they had these really nice Marquees... I know this is hard to believe but they actually looked really smart!

I'll try and find which ground this is to show a picture, it wouldn't be too expensive to get something like that up and would cover the horrid site.

Maybe someone with a better knowledge of the MLS could help me out?

If not, potentially some big waterproof flags!

Do you mean like the covering of the upper tier of BC Place?

BC_Place_2011.jpg

No, they were actual Marquees. Although that doesn't look terrible!

Jul 12, 2016
Action Jackson":17mr3u8m said:
oldage":17mr3u8m said:
And there was me thinking supporters went to Home Park to watch the football. Who gives a monkeys what the unfilled corners will look like. Wasting money on cosmetics in the last thing we need.

Strangely enough going to watch Football in a nice place makes the whole experience a whole lot better.

Filled corners over time will generate more income, help retain the atmosphere and make the whole place look a lot smarter.

If you don't care what HP looks like then we may as well scrap the grandstand now?

Its all about priorities. "Football in a nice place makes the whole experience a whole lot better" You're having a laugh. We are in the current mess because we have overlooked the most important thing which is the first team. I have supported Argyle in driving rain in January and still enjoyed the football. It might be an old fashioned view but who cares if we have the smartest ground in league 2? :banghead:

Oct 16, 2016
oldage":zdi947z5 said:
Action Jackson":zdi947z5 said:
oldage":zdi947z5 said:
And there was me thinking supporters went to Home Park to watch the football. Who gives a monkeys what the unfilled corners will look like. Wasting money on cosmetics in the last thing we need.

Strangely enough going to watch Football in a nice place makes the whole experience a whole lot better.

Filled corners over time will generate more income, help retain the atmosphere and make the whole place look a lot smarter.

If you don't care what HP looks like then we may as well scrap the grandstand now?

Its all about priorities. "Football in a nice place makes the whole experience a whole lot better" You're having a laugh. We are in the current mess because we have overlooked the most important thing which is the first team. I have supported Argyle in driving rain in January and still enjoyed the football. It might be an old fashioned view but who cares if we have the smartest ground in league 2? :banghead:

Amen

Why does football have to be theatre today?

Oct 31, 2015
oldage":a7kssh38 said:

To be honest using (not wasting) money on maintenance is exactly what we need. If it is not maintained it will degrade as per everything man made.

Maintain now at a fraction of the cost or pay big bucks in the future. When it is all beyond economical repair :banghead:

Typical small minded attitude. Let's pay out hundreds of thousands on wages to chimps who don't give a f@#k but let the assets waste away

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
oldage":27askmhp said:

It IS all about priorities. And while relegation is crap, that's one short term step back while the grandstand redevelopment is 10 long term steps forward. In five years time, we could have been in League 2 with no grandstand looking back thinking 'god why didn't we make a short term sacrifice to make the whole club stronger and better in the long term?'

The following to me seems an incontrovertible fact... that the long-term future of Plymouth Argyle in League 2 with the grandstand redevelopment, is much better than the long-term future of Plymouth Argyle in League 1 without it.

Oh, and more people are attracted to a nice environment than a rubbish one. You don't care, but the crucial point is that other people do.

Feb 25, 2008
Crownhill
The corner needs a big dose of weed killer, raked flat and a bit of artificial grass put down with a PAFC emblem on it. Cheap and attractive remedy for the time being!

Mar 23, 2019
dennis the menace":1lx7nx96 said:
The corner needs a big dose of weed killer, raked flat and a bit of artificial grass put down with a PAFC emblem on it. Cheap and attractive remedy for the time being!

Great idea.

Who is the Pasoti voice of the fans to approach the club with this idea?

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
dennis the menace":3qpx2e17 said:

Precisiely what is needed!

Nobody suggested we should spend 500k on something elaborate. Just tidy it up a bit.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Action Jackson":1jsocpmn said:

There isn't one. Quite rightly too.

Others can 'represent' us fans if they want, all this site does is gives people the chance to voice their opinion to other fans.

Jul 12, 2016
Biggs":v4zq3wcn said:
oldage":v4zq3wcn said:

It IS all about priorities. And while relegation is crap, that's one short term step back while the grandstand redevelopment is 10 long term steps forward. In five years time, we could have been in League 2 with no grandstand looking back thinking 'god why didn't we make a short term sacrifice to make the whole club stronger and better in the long term?'

The following to me seems an incontrovertible fact... that the long-term future of Plymouth Argyle in League 2 with the grandstand redevelopment, is much better than the long-term future of Plymouth Argyle in League 1 without it.

Oh, and more people are attracted to a nice environment than a rubbish one. You don't care, but the crucial point is that other people do.

Time will tell as nothing has been proved yet.
True supporters back Argyle regardless of the whether the corners are filled in,prawn sandwiches are available or its raining. Why are we suddenly a nation of wimps?
If you want a nice environment go to the Theatre Royal in the warmth.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Action Jackson":3rtw04ln said:
dennis the menace":3rtw04ln said:

Great idea.

No doubt JonB or JamieY will read this.

Oct 16, 2016
I like the gap, during dull periods of the match and they are oft many, it allows me to gaze out beyond the stadium to the wider world and watch people pass by

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
oldage":2g5c5fks said:
Time will tell as nothing has been proved yet.
True supporters back Argyle regardless of the whether the corners are filled in,prawn sandwiches are available or its raining. Why are we suddenly a nation of wimps?
If you want a nice environment go to the Theatre Royal in the warmth.

Wow. How did your application for Hospitality Manager go? :lol:

Argyle aren't going to get anywhere until we attract people who aren't the core 'true' supporters.