The Checkatrade is here again | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The Checkatrade is here again

May 22, 2006
Brings up an interesting question about what "supporting your team" actually means.

If it means just turning up for every game, questioning very little and going with the tide, then by all means have a good time but understand that you are part of the problem.

If it means wanting the best for your club, not wanting it to be denied progress by a flood of B teams, and not supporting a competition that's an obvious back door for that scenario, then the most supportive thing to do is denounce, undermine and boycott.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Ham Green":2o2wmtoa said:
Brings up an interesting question about what "supporting your team" actually means.

If it means just turning up for every game, questioning very little and going with the tide, then by all means have a good time but understand that you are part of the problem.

If it means wanting the best for your club, not wanting it to be denied progress by a flood of B teams, and not supporting a competition that's an obvious back door for that scenario, then the most supportive thing to do is denounce, undermine and boycott.

The latter being exactly the issue. This joke of a competition is just the start, next will be premier league B teams into the efl pyramid.

It's a shame Argyle have to host this shambles (given that the supporters of most clubs in the EFL and Argyle voted against this) and most likely make a loss on wages etc.

As much as I'd love to do my bit to support the team and help the club stay afloat I can't attend knowing the club would suffer in the long run being unable to ever get above league 1 when the Championship is full of B teams.

The writing is on the wall, money is talking when it comes to the EFL

May 8, 2011
Ham Green":3nuaqvbo said:

Obviously the 42,000 fans at the final can’t share your opinion of the competition.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
How many Blackpool fans went to Wembley v the Greeks?

Fan power works, it's been proved often enough.

May 22, 2006
HC Green":1wr5lbts said:
Ham Green":1wr5lbts said:

Obviously the 42,000 fans at the final can’t share your opinion of the competition.

More fool them.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Fans can boycott this competition in their thousands which at many clubs they do. However this is the EFL's baby and they will keep running this competition year after year after year regardless.Until the clubs unite and refuse to enter this competition en bloc then the Checkatrade will happen year after year after year....

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
And then what if we get to the final?
Do you not expect multi thousands to descend into Wembley?
I very much hate this tournament, not because of the b teams but because its a pointless tournament, always has been always will be. Sadly, fan power only works to a point but come the latter stages the fans show up. I don't think we will end up with b teams in our league, I just think this is one bored man trying to provoke a reaction and winning. Otherwise I think bigger tournaments would have been messed with by now, and he just wouldn't dare.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Martyn":116ti9q2 said:
Brussels Bureaucrat":116ti9q2 said:
I'd imagine that a home game against Swansea reserves on a Champions League Tuesday night will be quite the hot ticket.

The sooner this wretched competition is put out of its misery, the better.

Oh no, not this again. It does not matter what comp. we are in, support your team

Of course it matters.

These are the same sort of people who’d rather beat Exeter than get promoted.

Sometimes you have to see the bigger picture beyond 90 mins of football, I’m not sure why that’s not possible for some people.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I'd never go to Wembley in that ridiculous cup. Simply not interested, any team with Prem B teams in it is tainted.

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
As I'm not in loop with information on the mickey mouse tournament, could someone with intelligence ie IJN please enlighten me as to what is the plan ahead for the b teams? In my mind I would've thought some kind of suggestion of inclusion in to the efl would've been made by now?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I think it's more insidious than that. They're softening us up. I don't trust the EFL one bit, and there's a few Chairman who would take the money offered rather than think it through as well.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The Shaun Harvey Idiotic Trophy competition is still a farce.
I will continue to boycott the games.

Oct 15, 2017
Mark58":17qh9fj3 said:
Nice run-outs for an Argyle Reserve team but I would much prefer it if we were back in the good old Football Combination where we could see the likes of Spurs, West Ham, Arsenal, Chelsea etc etc every other week on a reserves basis. Ah, nostalgia isn't what it used to be...

Ah those were the days football every week.