The Big Screen | Page 22 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The Big Screen

Jan 12, 2020
But the issue is that the Club overhype the positive when for many the reality is slightly not so positive.
With the screen the Club said just under 99% would get a clear view, that means about 170 seats have a restricted view. So far in this thread we have had people from 4 blocks on the Lyndhurst saying they have a restricted view, that would suggest there is more than the 1%. And most only get a clear view by turning their heads 90%.
The same applies to all the hype about the much better matchday experience, for me nothing has changed significantly or improved since the TVs were put in the concourse several years ago. The only other difference now is I get searched
🙄 take a day off every now and then eh? You’ll be happier for it.

Apr 22, 2013
Some of the replies on here are so naive , surely people understand that if its revenue generating it can only be good for the club.

Argyle have it spot on with use and positioning.

Those who don't like it - don't look at it

Those who like it - look at it whenever you like

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
I sit in the Lyndy Block 8, strangely my seat faces the pitch; the screen is at the other end of the Lyndy. To see it I have to turn 90%, what is the alternative? How many degrees of head turn is acceptable to HC G?

Jannerz

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 30, 2022
But the issue is that the Club overhype the positive when for many the reality is slightly not so positive.
When your a business trying to provide a service to a large number of people, there are inevitable compromises and the right thinking is surely to satisfy as many as feasible. There will always be exceptions and you can't please everyone. There is a solution for a few who really find they have a restricted view and it bothers them enough; there are about 5000 home seats (at a guess) available to swap their ST to. A casual fan isn't going to feel inconvenienced.

The screen specifically, the Club used a technical adviser to identify the best position to achieve the widest view possible, within the contraints of the stadium. It has all been explained, and I'm always baffled by a few who believe they know better than the one's making the big investment.

Aside from the screen, looking at the much bigger picture (sorry). .

The Club and the CEO specifically, it's their job to sell the Club and the matchday experience to attract new fans. It's called marketing, and I would disbelieve anyone who thinks they expect the reality to 100% match the 'hype' as it's been described here. If so, nobody would walk into a McD for a meal if they expected to get what they see on bus shelter posters...thick juicy burgers and lashings of cheese literally bursting out of the bun! A tough analogy to use, as I'm a veggie :LOL:

Last edited:
Reactions: Drake

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
All these years we have been asking when we are going to get a big screen, now we have one the nit pickers are out in force , go figure.
Absolutely, in a nutshell Keith.

Reactions: SMG and GreenThing

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
The time has been moved from the bottom left corner to the top right corner tonight so that is an improvement for those of us with a restricted view.
To be fair I sit in block 5 and have full on view of the screen, I did watch a couple of the replays on Saturday, but never once looked at the clock, although I did look at my watch a few times especially the last 10 mins. I suppose not having one for so long it’s not something I’m bothered about?

Reactions: KeithB

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Maybe some people don't adapt to change very well- it is something new to look at & get use to

Give it a couple of home games for people to get used to it & it will soon become a piece of furniture in the "Theatre of Greens"

As a exile & looking at the pictures on GOS -i think it looks incredibly smart

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
I've never in my 71 years heard someone complaining that they have to turn their neck 90 degrees to see something that is at right angles to their body!!
Not a religious man, more Darwinist but, either way, that is why we have a neck, muscles and bones that allow you to turn your head!! :LOL:
Part of evolution too, I guess, that we get occasional pains in the aforementioned neck!! 😉