The Big Screen | Page 21 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The Big Screen

May 3, 2019
I liked the big screen, good quality pic. I did not look at it much - for both goals I was jumping up and down so did not have time for a replay. It was, however, a major boon for Coops save. I’m in the Demport and it was a long way away, so I could tell something good had happened just not what Coops and Galloway achieved precisely. I also found myself between the 58th and 72nd minute constantly looking at the clock as I was nervous, but then calmed down.
I sit in Block 4 and had the same experience, including the nervous clock watching! Great for the replays of incidents way down the BPE 👏

Reactions: boletus edulis

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Means nothing to me, to see it under normal circumstances I need the neck turn of an owl and as for replays, sitting in row Y block 11 it is impossible to see past those standing in block 12. between 60 and 70 years watching without a screen so I will continue with what is happening on the park. Revenue source good but it will not enhance my experience.

May 8, 2011
A 'gimmick' that brings in decent revenue.

Surely even those with agendas can embrace that can't they?
But the issue is that the Club overhype the positive when for many the reality is slightly not so positive.
With the screen the Club said just under 99% would get a clear view, that means about 170 seats have a restricted view. So far in this thread we have had people from 4 blocks on the Lyndhurst saying they have a restricted view, that would suggest there is more than the 1%. And most only get a clear view by turning their heads 90%.
The same applies to all the hype about the much better matchday experience, for me nothing has changed significantly or improved since the TVs were put in the concourse several years ago. The only other difference now is I get searched now.

Reactions: J Y Kelly

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
we have had people from 4 blocks on the Lyndhurst saying they have a restricted view
Some have said the view restriction was due to standing fans, the assessment from the club would have been with sitting fans. Showing a replay when fans are leaping around in celebration is always going to be problematical.

Reactions: Drake
Feb 4, 2011
cornwall
Great idea hope it increases the revenue of the club but personally would have put it at the back of the segregation area visitors end.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
The club have explained they've looked at all the possibilities and viewing angles, and this was the best one. It's pretty clear from this thread that it's been pretty successful so far, and that is when it's only just been installed.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Whatever the club does there will be split opinions no matter what it is. For personally on this matter with the screen being where it is I'm not a fan of it but the club has made a decision and that decision is final. For me the decision isn’t based on not seeing the screen or not, because I’ve got a fairly good view of it

smudja

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
It's making money for the club..in a few games time or months, the novelty will have worn off and we will all be used to it. Wont stop the whinging though!

Reactions: David Doidge

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
It's making money for the club..in a few games time or months, the novelty will have worn off and we will all be used to it. Wont stop the whinging though!

Having a different view (no pun intended) is not whinging it is using the facility gifted by PASOTI, and yes it is good that it is making money for the club to help us move forward.