SW game off - rearranged Tuesday 4 October | Page 14 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

SW game off - rearranged Tuesday 4 October

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Presumably there will be a pretty quick announcement on whether the Oxford and Portsmouth games are going to also be off?..so ordinary people can organise/re-organise/cancel transport etc.

Just noted the announcement.
Oxford on.

With the probability Portsmouth will be off its all very perplexing

smudja

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
Golf and Cricket next playing day postponed, next horse racing schedule postponed 24 hours next Football fixtures postponed not 24 hours probably because there is more to re-organise, like playing Oxford 2 days later

subbuteo

Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 12, 2009
I would have preferred a minutes reverence by whatever gesture, surrounded by thousands of fellow football fans.

Now, no doubt, I'll be sat in my lounge watching my daughter play Xbox.

I think being in the crowd to pay my respects with others would have somehow meant more.

Never mind. RIP Queen Elizabeth.

Bovey Green lady

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 29, 2019
Whilst it is understandable for people to be frustrated at the games being postponed, some of the comments are a little unsavoury and close to the mark,

the matches are being postponed as a mark off respect, some shops have decided to close today , some theatre have cancelled performances.

irrespective of your personal thoughts please be mindful that some people will want to mourn/pay respects
I entirely agree with you, EastoftheTamar.

Reactions: EastoftheTamar

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Presumably there will be a pretty quick announcement on whether the Oxford and Portsmouth games are going to also be off?..so ordinary people can organise/re-organise/cancel transport etc.

Just noted the announcement.
Oxford on.

With the probability Portsmouth will be off its all very perplexing

Club have said Tuesday night’s Sky Bet League One fixture against Oxford United will go ahead as planned, with appropriate alterations to the entertainment schedule and matchday experience made to ensure due respect is paid to our nation’s longest-serving monarch. Next Saturday’s trip to Portsmouth is also scheduled to go ahead at this stage, though the decision for fulfilling the fixture lies with the Fratton Park club and their local stakeholders from an operations, resourcing, and staffing perspective.

Reactions: up the line
Sep 3, 2011
I'm not young, but I largely agree with Cobi's sentiments. As the only monarch I have ever known, I
found the news sobering but not saddening. As such, I do not feel the need or desire to mourn, and the
idea of a period of what amounts to compulsory mourning does not sit well. Another matter for consideration
is that for those concerned, this is work. In no other sector will people be asked to set aside their work for 10 days,
then make it up by doing a stack of overtime when they are tired or hurt.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2022
Seems there are no set rules - FA has postponed all fixtures this weekend including grassroots games. ECB restart Test Match tomorrow and all recreational cricket matches scheduled for tomorrow go ahead as planned.

Graham Clark

✅ Evergreen
Nov 18, 2018
With tomorrow's game now postponed we now only have one Saturday game at Home Park (v Accrington Stanley on 8th October) until 17th December v Morecombe unless we get a home draw in the FA Cup - that is one Saturday home League game in over three months!