SW game off - rearranged Tuesday 4 October | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

SW game off - rearranged Tuesday 4 October

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
I see the Queen is under medical supervision and all her family are travelling/have travelled to Balmoral to be with her. There's obviously deep concerns about her health and, if the worst happens, it's quite possible that all the weekend's sporting fixtures will be cancelled.

bigalf

R.I.P
Dec 13, 2005
Keyham
If she does pass away today the funeral will be on 17 September so Pompey would certainly be off.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
I’m not sure Saturday would be cancelled. Flags at half mast. Black armbands. Silences. club statements etc. But not aware of any protocol to suspend sporting events - unless on the day of the funeral?

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Not sure if it would get called off or not, I just hope that all the royals sort their differences out and start getting along again before the worse comes to the worse

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Football is usually the first to go in tragedies so the next 3 games will be in doubt as the country mourns.

Really sad news, hopefully she pulls through.

I’m with you on that one

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
The situation looks quite grim with all the family heading to Balmoral.
I guess there will be 10 days of mourning or thereabouts and the funeral would be about 10 days after any passing?

Reactions: MoorGreen

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
Maybe it’s just me, but for years now the world has be feeling like it’s spiralling out of control.

From appointing Trump as a president to Putin fixing his own elections so he can stay longer in power.

The climate being more varied by the year. Then the pandemic. Followed by the war in Ukraine.

In between all this with have elected people out of their depth to run this country properly but have constant in fighting about separating the U.K.

Whether your a royalist or not. She, to me, represents one of the last pillars of decency in this country. Forget her family. They represent the basket cases of modern life, apart from a few.

So to lose her would feel like a dramatic change in my life. Because she Is part of my history. And something l’ve grown up with and been proud about. Maybe one of the few things.

People seem to become celebrities too easily these days. People banish around the world “legend“ without a real understanding what legends really meant.

The Queen is one of the last few iconic people l feel in the world these days. I accept the royals take much money out of this country. But they also give us a unique footing and one that use to be adored by other countries.

Now if she departs us, this country l feel will lose more of its identity because the succession of people that are influencing this country currently are impacting it in a way it’s losing its real values.

Jun 27, 2019
After the death of George VI in 1952, rugby and hockey fixtures were called off, while football matches went ahead. Fans sang Abide With Me and the national anthem before kick off.