SW game off - rearranged Tuesday 4 October | Page 11 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

SW game off - rearranged Tuesday 4 October

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Confirmed. Game off.

There's no mention of other games so presumably Oxford and Pompey games go ahead.

Screenshot_20220909_113350.jpg

PutneyPete

♣️ PASALB Member
Jun 23, 2005
London (Putney)
Further to discussions on Friday morning it has been determined that all EFL fixtures from 9-10 September will be postponed as a mark of respect by the National Sport to the passing of HRH Queen Elizabeth II.
EFL statement

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Games are off

The Pasty Kid

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 16, 2006
Liskeard
So now people can go shopping, off to the cinema or pop into a restaurant.
Closure should be across the board as a proper way to show respect.
I'd agree if had been enforced, but the EFL made the decision for themselves

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth

How is it 'respectful' to cancel people's shifts in those cinemas or restaurants at a few hours' notice? Presumably there will be thousands of people getting married tomorrow as well, is it disrespectful for those to go ahead as well?

I completely understand that we as a country should pay our respects to the Queen - i am by no means a republican, and this is a real moment of history - but we absolutely must not lose our sense of perspective either. People still have real lives to live, and bills to pay.

The Pasty Kid

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 16, 2006
Liskeard
How is it 'respectful' to cancel people's shifts in those cinemas or restaurants at a few hours' notice? Presumably there will be thousands of people getting married tomorrow as well, is it disrespectful for those to go ahead as well?

I completely understand that we as a country should pay our respects to the Queen - i am by no means a republican, and this is a real moment of history - but we absolutely must not lose our sense of perspective either. People still have real lives to live, and bills to pay.
Yes, I mean the football matches will go ahead at some point, but lost trading elsewhere is harder to recover

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Exactly.
If it's too sad to watch football then it's too sad to work, to go to the pub, the cinema, to go shopping, to shop online.
I'm looking out of the window and people are actually going about their lives out there.
Am I wrong for thinking of going to the pub or should I be ensconced in my front room for the foreseeable?

Jun 27, 2019
Bit of a strange decision, particularly when the funeral is rumoured to be taking place next Saturday, which means another weekend of fixtures will have to be postponed for that too.