Stadium Improvements (including scoreboard) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Stadium Improvements (including scoreboard)

greenpig27

Jam First
Aug 16, 2005
plymouth
I'm so glad they're replacing the seats, ive mentioned doing this a few times!! Hopefully 20 years on from the existing ones hopefully theres new plastic technology that helps the seats not fade as much in the sun? Does anyone know if they'll be the exact same shape as the current ones or maybe very slightly different bend or shape to allow for a little more leg room? Intrigued to know.. i don't expect it to be honest but you never know..
Being a grandstand dweller (but having sat in the Lyndy whilst the grandstand was being refurbished)...I would say the legroom there is just fine !! :)

Feb 12, 2019
Plymouth
Being a grandstand dweller (but having sat in the Lyndy whilst the grandstand was being refurbished)...I would say the legroom there is just fine !! :)
Depends on how tall you are really. Its ok, but some people beside you like to spread their legs open, and that causes problems for you

Nov 2, 2004
A little surprised by this. There’s nothing wrong with my seat in block 5. Will the new seats be different in some way?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I think it's an effort to market the stadium as more of a venue, rather than just where a football team plays.

Was going to say exactly that, especially as that's what people sitting in the Grandstand hospitality will see, and 'Home Park Stadium' is a big part of the branding.

Which I have no problem with whatsoever, the words 'Home Park' are still Argyle through and through.

Feb 8, 2005
New seating all round the ground.

I take it that this means that there will be no plans for safe standing, unless they plan to put them in the grandstand!!!

Oct 19, 2010
New seating all round the ground.

I take it that this means that there will be no plans for safe standing, unless they plan to put them in the grandstand!!!

From Twitter -

Plymouth Argyle FC

@only1argyle

·
13h

(1/2) At present, we are not an early adopter of safe standing, with a few clubs currently involved in a safe standing pilot scheme. In the event that we do adopt safe standing in the future, these newly installed seats are reusable.

Plymouth Argyle FC

@only1argyle

·
13h

(2/2) The reason that our contractor will begin work in the Lyndhurst Road Stand first is that results from our recent supporters' survey on safe standing confirmed that there is the least demand for a future safe standing section in this part of the stadium.

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
Also we now have ARGYLE on the Mayflower side (well, ARG YLE), so PAFC on the other side is possibly a bit redundant.

Also PAFC is still spelled out by the solar panels on the Mayfflower roof. Perhaps we can offer helicopter tours for the full experience...

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
(2/2) The reason that our contractor will begin work in the Lyndhurst Road Stand first is that results from our recent supporters' survey on safe standing confirmed that there is the least demand for a future safe standing section in this part of the stadium.

That makes total sense, though there still seem to be some on Twitter unhappy that safe standing is only earmarked for one part of the ground... which I find strange as I can't remember the Lyndhurst has ever been mooted for terracing. Was always the Devonport and maybe the future Grandstand corners mentioned.

Edit... I guess Zoo Corner makes sense for it, and is technically the Lyndhurst.

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
May 1, 2006
Also we now have ARGYLE on the Mayflower side (well, ARG YLE), so PAFC on the other side is possibly a bit redundant.

Also PAFC is still spelled out by the solar panels on the Mayfflower roof. Perhaps we can offer helicopter tours for the full experience...
Yes that's true Lobster

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
PAFC was put in for the TV cameras when they were on the Grandstand. It is redundant now from that pov, so the new signage will be an advert/reminder from the new hospitality.

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
I can’t see any reason why the “PAFC“ couldn’t be reinstated in the demport end when those seats get replaced, although we would struggle to fit “LOSER,’s” in the away end😂

Aug 3, 2013
Coningsby
I think home park is a wise move. Imagine selling the rights to the stadium and its called something silly, at least the stadium should carry on being known as home park....

Reactions: Biggs and TQ2