**Southend Match day thread** | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

**Southend Match day thread**

Apr 5, 2008
But you like many others are always pessimistic about Argyle,even when they are on a winning run.Oddly you like many others don’t post so much when they are doing well.

Two games in and already MAJOR cause for concern :lol: Try supporting the team instead of moaning the whole time.

Jan 29, 2010
Poor at best. Thank god Southend couldn’t finish. A lot of work to be done on the training ground. Taylor was far too isolated up front, on the few occasions he got the better of his man there was no one anywhere near him. Apart from the hoof our build up was too slow, too many passes going astray. Too many similar players in the midfield. The general lack of pace in the side is what worries me the most. Two games in against sides who are mid table material at best but both have ripped through us time and time again both with wide men and through the middle.

It’s not all doom and gloom and I am confident we will not be in the same position as after 10 games last season. We look to have picked up a very good keeper, the full backs do look to have something about them going forward, just need to get the ball to them a bit quicker. With Grant, Ness and Fox we have 3 good passing midfielders just think we need a Songo’o or Sarcevic in there with two from the three.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
moles40":39uysy9i said:
But you like many others are always pessimistic about Argyle,even when they are on a winning run.Oddly you like many others don’t post so much when they are doing well.

Two games in and already MAJOR cause for concern :lol: Try supporting the team instead of moaning the whole time.

I did by going today.

Thanks

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
moles40":31h8f0og said:

Three words for you: Expectation, reality and disappointment.

I was buzzing before the game, all those new players! Our year at last! :scarf: (Expectation)

Then I watched that match, I watched our 'football' and I watched Saarrfend play. (Reality).

It didn't make me happy, tonight I'm gwain get ratarsed. Even though Dr says no. (Disappointment)

Doesn't make me (or Tuggers) a bad supporter. Doesn't make you a better supporter than us.

I live in the real world. I want to be really optimistic about our chances tonight, I'm not.

Hopefully it will change tomorrow and all will be well but I'm not practicing blind faith in Argyle after 54 years of attending and paying my money.

As Tuggers said: Thangew and goodnight! :wave:

BSH

Jul 7, 2013
Edwards far and away the best player for me. Both the fullbacks looked half decent. Only two games but I'm yet to see what C Grant does in the midfield besides being there. Freddie looks like he has something about him, could imagine him progressing as the season continues.

All in all, a stolen point. Onwards and upwards.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
BSH":2v5mkmja said:
Edwards far and away the best player for me. Both the fullbacks looked half decent. Only two games but I'm yet to see what C Grant does in the midfield besides being there. Freddie looks like he has something about him, could imagine him progressing as the season continues.

You didn’t go did you?

A

andyr1963

That match / performance was the WORST I have seen all season. :whistle:

:greensmile:

BSH

Jul 7, 2013
Tugboat":ggpn7lrn said:
BSH":ggpn7lrn said:

You didn’t go did you?

Sadly I did. We weren't good by any stretch but it's early in the season and there's a lot of football to be played, so just focusing on the positives.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
BSH":1mtbdwrr said:
Tugboat":1mtbdwrr said:
BSH":1mtbdwrr said:

You didn’t go did you?

Sadly I did. We weren't good by any stretch but it's early in the season and there's a lot of football to be played, so just focusing on the positives.

Edwards wasn’t anywhere near being our best player.

Apr 5, 2008
It wouldn’t be Argyle without a stumble somewhere in the season,after 40 years of supporting them,nothing has changed in that respect.Name me more than a couple of season where everything has gone perfect lol

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
BSH":lr17rfcb said:

i thought eddy had a great game but man of the match for me was the lad from man city

Sep 6, 2006
Steve Evans":3caugv3r said:
BSH":3caugv3r said:

i thought eddy had a great game but man of the match for me was the lad from man city

But you gave Macey 4 so it's impossible to take your opinion seriously

Mar 23, 2008
Balham_Green":22g8cxs4 said:
Steve Evans":22g8cxs4 said:
BSH":22g8cxs4 said:

You like several others only post when things don't go well, so it's hard to take you seriously.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Balham_Green":1p8kcc7q said:
Steve Evans":1p8kcc7q said:
BSH":1p8kcc7q said:

i upped it to five yesterday as i thought i was a little harsh.i think he will be good but i was nervous with him in goal yesterday.i repeat i think he will turn out to be a good signing.we all have opinions and you usually take the negative view which i defend you your right to take.

Feb 17, 2017
Neither Fox or Edwards have played well in the first two games of the season, but they are not the only reasons for the team not perfoming as well as they should