**Southend Match day thread** | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

**Southend Match day thread**

Sep 6, 2006
Steve Evans":3bx82byc said:
Balham_Green":3bx82byc said:
Steve Evans":3bx82byc said:
BSH":3bx82byc said:
Edwards far and away the best player for me. Both the fullbacks looked half decent. Only two games but I'm yet to see what C Grant does in the midfield besides being there. Freddie looks like he has something about him, could imagine him progressing as the season continues.

All in all, a stolen point. Onwards and upwards.
i thought eddy had a great game but man of the match for me was the lad from man city

But you gave Macey 4 so it's impossible to take your opinion seriously
i upped it to five yesterday as i thought i was a little harsh.i think he will be good but i was nervous with him in goal yesterday.i repeat i think he will turn out to be a good signing.we all have opinions and you usually take the negative view which i defend you your right to take.

Can't you not just admit you could be wrong though when the consensus is he was mom!?

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Balham_Green":1l0eu9jb said:
Steve Evans":1l0eu9jb said:
Balham_Green":1l0eu9jb said:
Steve Evans":1l0eu9jb said:
BSH":1l0eu9jb said:
Edwards far and away the best player for me. Both the fullbacks looked half decent. Only two games but I'm yet to see what C Grant does in the midfield besides being there. Freddie looks like he has something about him, could imagine him progressing as the season continues.

All in all, a stolen point. Onwards and upwards.
i thought eddy had a great game but man of the match for me was the lad from man city

But you gave Macey 4 so it's impossible to take your opinion seriously
i upped it to five yesterday as i thought i was a little harsh.i think he will be good but i was nervous with him in goal yesterday.i repeat i think he will turn out to be a good signing.we all have opinions and you usually take the negative view which i defend you your right to take.

Can't you not just admit you could be wrong though when the consensus is he was mom!?
yes.

Apr 29, 2010
My thoughts were;
Macey - I was worried when he failed to collect the ball and they managed to put the ball in the net. Luckily the flag was raised and from there on in he had a steady game. Kicking was patchy at times. Trying to hit the wing and not quite coming off every time.

Moore - wasn’t impressed. He had a bit of time and was the only one that seemed to try to provide width but looked anxious going forward, unprepared to overlap and out of position quite often when defending. Looked to make a tackle and then pulled out last minute. Can’t afford indecision in that part of the pitch.

Smith-Brown - thought he looked shaky in the first 5-10 minutes and then settled and played fairly well.

Wootton - of all of the balls hoofed forward, his at least made it on to the head of Taylor

Edwards - steady Eddy. Did what needed to be done. Yellow was very harsh as Hopper was looking for a foul in the corner and was heading down before Eddy even leant in.

C Grant - liked his energy in midfield. Seemed to snap in to challenges - which I like. And made a few runs that dragged us up the pitch.

Ness - Steady but not very influential yesterday. Lack of outlets?

Fox - Played his role well as he always does.

Carey - not a lot came off for him yesterday but I like a player who plays with passion and looks hurt when we don’t win a match. For sheer work rate he’s up there for MoM.

Lameiras - very disappointing. Didn’t provide any width, little touches weren’t coming off. We looked better going forward after he departed the pitch.

Taylor - felt sorry for him. No support, heavily marked. Silly mistake for penalty. How he keeps his calm when constantly being shoved in the back and whacked around in the air is beyond me.

Sawyer - looked much better when he entered the fray. He actually stayed wide and forward stretching a narrow pitch.

Songo'o - I’m not his biggest fan but in the 20 or so minutes that he was on the pitch he arguably put in the MoM performance. Cleared up every loose ball and put in plenty of tackles. I’d expect him to start from now on. Likewise Sawyer.

Ladapo - gave their defence something to worry about and got some attention away from Taylor which made us more successful in attack.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Very generous synopsis

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
It's harsh but Taylor has cost us 3 points in the last two games, he was in the wall at Walsall and ducked allowing the free kick to go in and against Southend he committed a silly foul for the penalty.

I'm sure he'll make amends as the season goes on.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
PL2 3DQ":2tuk85h8 said:
It's harsh but Taylor has cost us 3 points in the last two games, he was in the wall at Walsall and ducked allowing the free kick to go in and against Southend he committed a silly foul for the penalty.

I'm sure he'll make amends as the season goes on.

It is a bit harsh tbh. I thought on Saturday: No wonder he gets injured. Ball pumped up to him continuously, no one to lay it off to, holding the ball up whilst opponents kick and hit chunks out of him. If he occasionally gets his self defence in first, I don't blame him.
Da has to change the system enough to get him some respite/assistance. A lot of the flicks he gets or could get could be goal chances if someone else was there to benefit.

Jul 6, 2011
Considering the full backs we started with it was surprising we played deep and frankly killed off TLC.
On another point I see Sonny Bradley didn't even get off the bench on Saturday, must have been about the money.....

Apr 5, 2008
Having seen the pathetically brief highlights on Sky,the one thing that stood out was how much time and Space Southend had when they had the ball.Argyle players were yards from them,no pressing,no harassing,just standing off them,watching them pass it around.

Absolutely not acceptable,needs to be sorted quid,looked like they weren’t interested :facepalm:

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
moles40":1pv6aaud said:
Having seen the pathetically brief highlights on Sky,the one thing that stood out was how much time and Space Southend had when they had the ball.Argyle players were yards from them,no pressing,no harassing,just standing off them.

What’s all that about,needs to be sorted quick!

Was the same at Walsall.

We miss having someone like Sarcevic or even Diagouraga.

Apr 5, 2008
Can understand the negatives now so much.I can’t watch many Argyle home matches as live other side of country now,but wouldn’t be happy if I was a season ticket holder.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
moles40":lmv8ojaq said:
Can understand the negatives now so much.I can’t watch many Argyle home matches as live other side of country now,but wouldn’t be happy if I was a season ticket holder.

Uh? I've bought a season ticket in previous years with the full knowledge that we'll struggle much more than this over a coming season?

Mar 14, 2009
It doesn’t have to be great football. However, when the basics like passing and tackling are so weak like on Saturday then you have to be critical whether it’s the first or the last game.

We rely too much on certain players. If Taylor doesn’t come into the game then we are constantly in the back foot. If Carey isnt creating a piece of magic with look bereft of ideas going forward.

The problem going forward is interesting. We have a good centre forward but doesn’t score many goals. We then have Lameiras, Carey, C Grant and Fox who all love to pass and create. Except, there aren’t enough players who get in the box or get beyond these players. Again why Sarcevic is so important is that he is one of the few who gets himself in the box.

I feel so sorry for Taylor. The guy needs support and unfortunately on Saturday he had virtually no one to to help him.

Sep 6, 2006
Mark Pedlar":1e0vfamx said:
moles40":1e0vfamx said:

Uh? I've bought a season ticket in previous years with the full knowledge that we'll struggle much more than this over a coming season?

How do you know?