Simon Church (signs - confirmed) | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Simon Church (signs - confirmed)

Jul 29, 2010
Welcome aboard son.

Don't pay much attention to the naysayers, just do your stuff and they'll soon fall in line.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
vibratingspider":mef9bi83 said:
Aaron D.":mef9bi83 said:
A good player with a proven track record. Welcome Simon Church.

Looking at his 8mins of highlights on youtube, it looks like he is a player similar to Taylor, but you'll also see that he gets wide and provides crosses too so they could possibly fit in the same team? But for that to happen Lameiras would be dropped and I can't see that happening at the moment. Maybe if we're chasing a game?? A good option to have for sure.
"Proven track record"? He hasn't scored for 2 years!
He's hardly played for two years, though! (which admittedly could also be cause for concern).
He does have the potential to be a really good signing, though, if he can regain his earlier form.

I cannot for the life of me understand the mind-set of any supporter worried that we weren’t his first choice. We don’t know what was happening with his personal/family life when he last considered us, what salary we offered compared to the current deal he has accepted, and a whole host of other consideration which rightly remain private.

Supposing any of you rejected one company’s offer of employment one year, only to accept it the following year because it was a later, better fit, wouldn’t you feel it odd if on arrival there were any residual bad feelings?

Get real.

Sep 19, 2015
Decent signing, holds the ball up well and can bring the more important players into the game. Cant see him being of the standard of Taylor at present but I am more than happy that we have an able replacement if Taylor gets injured/suspended. Now to acquire a box to box midfielder with a bit of bite to replace Diagouraga.

Oct 24, 2013
mervyn":3r3t7fya said:
I cannot for the life of me understand the mind-set of any supporter worried that we weren’t his first choice. We don’t know what was happening with his personal/family life when he last considered us, what salary we offered compared to the current deal he has accepted, and a whole host of other consideration which rightly remain private.

Supposing any of you rejected one company’s offer of employment one year, only to accept it the following year because it was a later, better fit, wouldn’t you feel it odd if on arrival there were any residual bad feelings?

Get real.

Or house buying. You see a house, you want to buy the house, your offer is rejected and the house is marked as sold. Three months later, you still want a house and the one you wanted is for sale again. Does anybody realistically say, no, they turned my offer down so I don’t want it anymore?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
It will be interesting to see what happens with Taylor now that Church has signed because if the previous reports/speculation are to be believed we were waiting for a replacement before selling Taylor to Bradford.

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
warney":1gspx3ty said:
vibratingspider":1gspx3ty said:
Aaron D.":1gspx3ty said:
A good player with a proven track record. Welcome Simon Church.

Looking at his 8mins of highlights on youtube, it looks like he is a player similar to Taylor, but you'll also see that he gets wide and provides crosses too so they could possibly fit in the same team? But for that to happen Lameiras would be dropped and I can't see that happening at the moment. Maybe if we're chasing a game?? A good option to have for sure.
"Proven track record"? He hasn't scored for 2 years!
He's hardly played for two years, though! (which admittedly could also be cause for concern).
He does have the potential to be a really good signing, though, if he can regain his earlier form.
I hate to be "that guy", but when you're talking about "earlier form" he's only ever reached double figures for a season once in his career. And that was 9 years ago. I know it's not just about scoring goals but this, coupled with the fact he's already rejected us and we're obviously not his preferred option just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. It's unrealistic to expect players to tattoo the Mayflower on their sleeve when they sign but equally, this signing is totally underwhelming for me.

For the love of all things sacred Derek, please do not send Taylor to Bradford based on the signing of Simon Church.

Oct 24, 2013
PL2 3DQ":1xh8w2x3 said:
It will be interesting to see what happens with Taylor now that Church has signed because if the previous reports/speculation are to be believed we were waiting for a replacement before selling Taylor to Bradford.

I have heard nothing like this at all. We have rejected an offer and DA has stated publicly that he is not for sale. There are no reports to the contrary, just speculation.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Its worth remembering though at the time Scunthorpe were in a much better position than us.

Also who's to say he didn't turn down that polish club in favour of us?

Welcome and good luck Simon.

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
PL2 3DQ":1qd9hqoy said:

If Taylor goes it will only be because a club has matched our valuation. If that is the case then fair enough because every player has a price. Adams has already stated that he a valued player so the valuation would be good value for us. I can't see anyone in league paying for him.