Simon Church (signs - confirmed) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Simon Church (signs - confirmed)

Sep 25, 2003
Carbis Bay
Wonder if this means Taylor is off as they're quite similar players.

Unless its purely a backup option in case Taylor is injured as he's not an improvement on what we've got.

Aug 11, 2013
I'll mellow ... but at the present time I'm struggling to warm to a player who has accepted us as third choice ...

Tynan One Nil

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 23, 2013
Let’s hope it is Toums situation in reverse - Scunthorpe have paid to get him match fit and we see the benefit! ( But not as a replacement for Taylor.)

Aug 24, 2011
Dalton Is God":12o360iy said:
Wonder if this means Taylor is off as they're quite similar players.

Unless its purely a backup option in case Taylor is injured as he's not an improvement on what we've got.

Hopefully Taylor isn't off, and I don't think he will be but the difference in quality should surely show through?

"Church has been capped 38 times by Wales and played for his country as a second half substitute when they lost 2-0 to Portugal in the semi-finals of Euro 2016"

Mar 8, 2016
arrythewurzel":124o7w9o said:
I'll mellow ... but at the present time I'm struggling to warm to a player who has accepted us as third choice ...

Yeah this is how I feel about it also.

Mar 23, 2008
Welcome Pilgrim, looks a decent acquisition, played most of his career in the championship and a good number of international caps. Not an out and out scorer but we don't need that, we need a good back up for Taylor and i think he could be it.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
arrythewurzel":umt5zjis said:
As long as he gives it 100% when he pulls on the green shirt I don't care if we're 30th choice!

Biggest concern for me is whether he can keep fit having had a few periods of injury forced absences recently.

Aug 24, 2011
Deacster":2ssxqur3 said:
Welcome Pilgrim, looks a decent acquisition, played most of his career in the championship and a good number of international caps. Not an out and out scorer but we don't need that, we need a good back up for Taylor and i think he could be it.

6th lowest scorers in the league even with our upturn in form, we do need it if he can achieve it, I think he will start over Taylor and I do totally understand what Taylor brings, but he would not be signing for us on the info that he is back up.

Aug 11, 2013
warney":1he8yfpo said:
arrythewurzel":1he8yfpo said:
As long as he gives it 100% when he pulls on the green shirt I don't care if we're 30th choice!

Biggest concern for me is whether he can keep fit having had a few periods of injury forced absences recently.

Agreed but that tends to be from players who want to be here rather than are forced by circumstances to be here. Anyway ... as I say ... all will be forgotten when he nets his first hattrick :thumbs:

Dazzy3000

✅ Evergreen
Dec 3, 2008
warney":3aqvqqch said:
arrythewurzel":3aqvqqch said:

You are Paul Lambert and I claim my £5