Simon Church (signs - confirmed) | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Simon Church (signs - confirmed)

Apr 29, 2016
Keepitgreen":2y85yypg said:
PlymOdi":2y85yypg said:
Why are we 3rd choice? Who was second?
Lechia Gdnask in Poland.

The Sun

How do you know that he wasn’t going to Poland and then received our offer, perhaps even improved and that he ultimately didn’t choose us over them. He’s a new Pilgtim and should be afforded the respect of his “fans”. Cut his some slack.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
PL2 3DQ":poir9eu4 said:
It will be interesting to see what happens with Taylor now that Church has signed because if the previous reports/speculation are to be believed we were waiting for a replacement before selling Taylor to Bradford.

And then we'd need another striker to be back-up to Church.

I can't see it.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
lyndhurst green":dikgaik8 said:
PL2 3DQ":dikgaik8 said:
It will be interesting to see what happens with Taylor now that Church has signed because if the previous reports/speculation are to be believed we were waiting for a replacement before selling Taylor to Bradford.

I have heard nothing like this at all. We have rejected an offer and DA has stated publicly that he is not for sale. There are no reports to the contrary, just speculation.

That's why I said speculation.

GreenDave1981

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 5, 2017
Can’t see us getting a better player on a free. Amazing experience and fits our play style. Real competition for Taylor who I desperately hope we keep hold of at least until August

Sep 28, 2003
London
Taylor's scoring record is fairly pathetic, but in an Adams system the striker is there to bring the rest of the team into the game rather than score goals himself.

I'm sure no-one on here would berate Micky Evans for having a similar scoring record.

If Church is - and can remain - fit then this could be a very handy signing.

May 22, 2006
PL2 3DQ":3r06oksc said:

According to Sky, several clubs bidding for Bradford forward Charlie Wyke. Looks like they may need a replacement and have cash to spend.

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
philmeboots":1ye57mli said:
Keepitgreen":1ye57mli said:
PlymOdi":1ye57mli said:
Lechia Gdnask in Poland.

The Sun

How do you know that he wasn’t going to Poland and then received our offer, perhaps even improved and that he ultimately didn’t choose us over them. He’s a new Pilgtim and should be afforded the respect of his “fans”. Cut his some slack.
????

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Keepitgreen":vf0p5tij said:
philmeboots":vf0p5tij said:
Keepitgreen":vf0p5tij said:
PlymOdi":vf0p5tij said:
Lechia Gdnask in Poland.

The Sun

????

Seems to me that he has a love of dockyard cities, but Devonport is best.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

999mattyg":1k1othln said:
PL2 3DQ":1k1othln said:

If Taylor goes it will only be because a club has matched our valuation. If that is the case then fair enough because every player has a price. Adams has already stated that he a valued player so the valuation would be good value for us. I can't see anyone in league paying for him.

So what if a Northern lad like Taylor knows Bradford are in for him and says he’d like to go? The excuse many apologists use when players leave is “no point keeping someone who doesn’t want to be here”.

Should Argyle turn down a cash offer that doesn’t meet our valuation to keep a player that doesn’t want to be here?

May 8, 2011
The Grumpy Loyal":37tjns76 said:
999mattyg":37tjns76 said:
PL2 3DQ":37tjns76 said:

If Taylor goes it will only be because a club has matched our valuation. If that is the case then fair enough because every player has a price. Adams has already stated that he a valued player so the valuation would be good value for us. I can't see anyone in league paying for him.

So what if a Northern lad like Taylor knows Bradford are in for him and says he’d like to go? The excuse many apologists use when players leave is “no point keeping someone who doesn’t want to be here”.

Should Argyle turn down a cash offer that doesn’t meet our valuation to keep a player that doesn’t want to be here?

He may be northern but is his wife?

Oct 24, 2013
The Grumpy Loyal":372z88qe said:
999mattyg":372z88qe said:
PL2 3DQ":372z88qe said:

There is a big difference between ‘I’d be interested in a move to Bradford’ and ‘I don’t want to play for Plymouth Argyle’.

Sep 27, 2017
dazzy3000":dwkssnaa said:
warney":dwkssnaa said:
arrythewurzel":dwkssnaa said:
I'll mellow ... but at the present time I'm struggling to warm to a player who has accepted us as third choice ...
As long as he gives it 100% when he pulls on the green shirt I don't care if we're 30th choice!

Biggest concern for me is whether he can keep fit having had a few periods of injury forced absences recently.

You are Paul Lambert and I claim my £5
You are Knarf Reprah and I claim my £5

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
At least Adams is consistent when he signs a striker.

May 8, 2011
The Grumpy Loyal":3g0sxdi4 said:
999mattyg":3g0sxdi4 said:
PL2 3DQ":3g0sxdi4 said:

For apologists you had better include Derek Adams as he said almost exactly the same words about Purrington’s departure.

vibratingspider":3gi1ym2j said:
Aaron D.":3gi1ym2j said:
A good player with a proven track record. Welcome Simon Church.

Looking at his 8mins of highlights on youtube, it looks like he is a player similar to Taylor, but you'll also see that he gets wide and provides crosses too so they could possibly fit in the same team? But for that to happen Lameiras would be dropped and I can't see that happening at the moment. Maybe if we're chasing a game?? A good option to have for sure.
"Proven track record"? He hasn't scored for 2 years!

Maybe you'd prefer a premiership loanee with little league experience? Or a promising non league player who is yet to prove himself? I know, how about we spend money we havent got on a championship player we cant afford? Or we get a league 2 standard squad filler?

Proven record is lots of experience in the Championship and at full international level. The reason we can afford him is because he needs to start again and prove himself. If he does this for us then we have a championship quality player on our books who provides competition to Taylor for a vital part of our team.