Simon Church (signs - confirmed) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Simon Church (signs - confirmed)

Mar 8, 2016
Majesticmacc":jkgrplg3 said:
Deacster":jkgrplg3 said:
Welcome Pilgrim, looks a decent acquisition, played most of his career in the championship and a good number of international caps. Not an out and out scorer but we don't need that, we need a good back up for Taylor and i think he could be it.

6th lowest scorers in the league even with our upturn in form, we do need it if he can achieve it, I think he will start over Taylor and I do totally understand what Taylor brings, but he would not be signing for us on the info that he is back up.

Can’t see him starting over Taylor just yet, not with the way Taylor has been playing. At Scunthorpe he was 4th choice, here he will Start off as 2nd choice. Any news on how long the deal is for?

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
arrythewurzel":r4ky49fu said:
I'll mellow ... but at the present time I'm struggling to warm to a player who has accepted us as third choice ...

Carl Fletcher turned us down originally.

Aug 24, 2011
Army green":1otu2i3l said:
Majesticmacc":1otu2i3l said:
Deacster":1otu2i3l said:
Welcome Pilgrim, looks a decent acquisition, played most of his career in the championship and a good number of international caps. Not an out and out scorer but we don't need that, we need a good back up for Taylor and i think he could be it.

6th lowest scorers in the league even with our upturn in form, we do need it if he can achieve it, I think he will start over Taylor and I do totally understand what Taylor brings, but he would not be signing for us on the info that he is back up.

Can’t see him starting over Taylor just yet, not with the way Taylor has been playing. At Scunthorpe he was 4th choice, here he will Start off as 2nd choice. Any news on how long the deal is for?

I do agree with you on that yes, never disclosed by the club, but surely has to be to the end of the season.

Nov 22, 2006
Why is it the second we sign someone it means one of our better players is leaving according to some on here, maybe he's here to challenge Taylor for that starting place rather than replace him, keep Taylor on his toes make sure he's playing his best.

Also what sense would it be to sign a striker only to let go of the only other one we have, the only thing that would make me remotely think Taylor may go is if we sign another striker between now and the end of the window,

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Should be a decent signing, but I wonder why Scunny should be so dismissive of him. If he does the business for Argyle, I do not care if he spurned us back before the season started. I give DA credit in keeping tabs on Church's situation. Faint heart never won the fair forward, or should it be flair?

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
A big old bag of "meh" from me, not that I'm sure anyone (including Simon Church) cares. Hasn't scored a goal since 2016.

Far more important that we sign another Toums imho.

A good player with a proven track record. Welcome Simon Church.

Looking at his 8mins of highlights on youtube, it looks like he is a player similar to Taylor, but you'll also see that he gets wide and provides crosses too so they could possibly fit in the same team? But for that to happen Lameiras would be dropped and I can't see that happening at the moment. Maybe if we're chasing a game?? A good option to have for sure.

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
He brings good pedigree and experience for league 1. Let's hope he's still hungry. I don't understand the 'snubbing us' comments?! Players sign for a variety of reasons. We are not privy to his reasoning. He is here now and that's what matters. Welcome aboard Simon.

PlymOdi":1w3p8esv said:
The-Pilgrim":1w3p8esv said:
PlymOdi":1w3p8esv said:
Why are we 3rd choice? Who was second?

At a guess Jake Jervis? Can't see it myself though

People seem to be suggesting we're his 3rd choice club. I understand he chose Scunthorpe over us, but who else?

I think people are thinking he chose the Polish team over us but then came back when that fell through. Personally I don't care, many players don't sign for their preferred clubs and then they give their all. Ciftci being the exception.....

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
Aaron D.":1h57bfkx said:
A good player with a proven track record. Welcome Simon Church.

Looking at his 8mins of highlights on youtube, it looks like he is a player similar to Taylor, but you'll also see that he gets wide and provides crosses too so they could possibly fit in the same team? But for that to happen Lameiras would be dropped and I can't see that happening at the moment. Maybe if we're chasing a game?? A good option to have for sure.
"Proven track record"? He hasn't scored for 2 years!