Season ticket sales. (Approaching 9,000) | Page 12 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Season ticket sales. (Approaching 9,000)

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
To build upwards would also mean a need to build outwards to allow for amenities and facilities on the concourse. Not sure how much of the land Argyle own around the stadium but if they were to require some belonging to the park then those busybody Central Park bods would have plenty to say.
And as I have pointed out previously when discussing the movement of people in and out of the Lyndhurst Stand there’s simply not enough space for anything bigger on that side as the ground drops away quite significantly as you move down towards the Barn Park End (hence the need for the fairly steep set of steps that come up from the path towards the ground and about midway along that side).

Reactions: Lundan Cabbie

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
My recollection was that Barr Construction had built the ground to purposefully enable further expansion of the Lyndhurst (I’m not sure how, but I recall this being mentioned at the time)

Yes, there was talk of a 'clip on' extension around the horseshoe adding another couple of rows and 2,600 seats at the back of the stands, although these extra fans would share the same current concourse and toilets.

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
I wouldn't hold your breath though, its highly unlikely that this board will ever build up the small stadium!

Lancastergreen

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
I would love to see us have a 30000 seater stadium but unless we become a Championship club with no realistic chance of being relegated we wont be getting anything more than we have, and so the mundane will continue

Lancastergreen

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
The owner is in favour of live streaming all matches so that could reduce the need to increase the ground capacity.
The reality though is its unlikely to happen these days, the big money which has ruined the sport will dictate what happens.
It's a shame that Sky and now many others feel the game is their sole right but the greed of the big clubs determines what happens and when.
The super league will happen one day too, probably starting off as an off season mini tournament before gently bringing in other clubs, probably in mini leagues to start with.
Eventually the TV money men will dominate it and suddenly you have your super league!

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
The reality though is its unlikely to happen these days, the big money which has ruined the sport will dictate what happens.
It's a shame that Sky and now many others feel the game is their sole right but the greed of the big clubs determines what happens and when.
The super league will happen one day too, probably starting off as an off season mini tournament before gently bringing in other clubs, probably in mini leagues to start with.
Eventually the TV money men will dominate it and suddenly you have your super league!
The Saturday afternoon live TV blackout was in place long before a satellite dish was even invented, let alone the rise of Sky.

Reactions: Greenheart