Season Ticket details released today (More than just a seat) | Page 13 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Season Ticket details released today (More than just a seat)

Will you be buying one of the ST packages?

• Yes

Votes: 127 77.4%
  • No

Votes: 20 12.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 17 10.4%

• Total voters
A

Argyle1886

Starbucks":1shadp5p said:
Argyle1886, many 17 year olds (I think thats how old you are) would have to pay adult prices next season which is £340 I think? So paying £250 is a good deal for the people who wouldn't qualify for an u18 season ticket next season

Yes, but for those who do qualify for an U18 next season it means they're being penalised?

A

Argyle1886

bizzay1":1dvwaj81 said:
Argyle1886":1dvwaj81 said:
Argyle1886":1dvwaj81 said:
No you have not been shot in the back, you have become an adult

Legally, & under the eyes of the law. This doesn't apply unfortunatly. :crazy:

sorry I don't understand what you mean by this

In the eyes of Argyle I might be seen as an adult. But legally I'm not. Make sense now?

Just 1 question so that I'm getting this right - when are you 18 ?

October, so I would apply for the U18 this season. As I will still be 17 by August 2012.

Ed

Dec 1, 2008
It's £130 more for 17 year olds this season that it was last, I can understand that's not good but with the new Under 21 price they'll save £270 over the next three seasons compared to what they would have paid under this season's prices. It's a shame for those who were expecting to be under 18s but, if prices stay the same, it's cheaper long term. When I turned 18 there was no further concession, the price of my season ticket went straight from £80 to £340 and I was priced out, I understand why people who were expecting to be under 18s might be upset but these new prices are a better compromise and will hopefully allow more young people to buy and keep season tickets whilst growing up. I'm relatively pleased with the deals on offer (like almost all football tickets I think they're too expensive but I understand we need to compete with other clubs who also charge similar, relatively speaking these prices aren't bad at all).

May 8, 2011
Martin Thomas":31uk5mi3 said:
Stop feeding the Troll :doh:

Whats wrong with this site? He's not a troll ffs, he's angry and in my opnion he should be because the club he loves is ripping him off simply because it can.

Jul 10, 2011
Naughty Forty":25c1axh3 said:
Martin Thomas":25c1axh3 said:
Stop feeding the Troll :doh:

Whats wrong with this site? He's not a troll ffs, he's angry and in my opnion he should be because the club he loves is ripping him off simply because it can.

Absolutely spot on

May 8, 2011
He's angry because by the looks of it he's a 17 year old in full time education who is being asked to fork out £250 after being so loyal for the last few seasons, people telling him he should stop spending it on drink or whatever, he's not even 18 so thats not very logical is it.

The prices on whole are very very impressive, however Mr Brent has got one bit wrong, and it just so happens it affects the argyle fans of the future (17,18 year olds) This site would have exploded if the adult prices had been ramped up, show a bit of compassion and put yourself in a 17 year olds shoes after being told the season ticket was going to be doubled after another poor season.

In my opinion, There should be

u10
u16
u18
u23
Adult prices
Over 60's

Slowly building you up and retaining fans of all ages

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
I pretty much agree with Naughty Forty. I was outraged when I first read the new price structure because I thought the kids' prices were for under 16s (not 16s and under) and that would have affected my daughter (i.e. my wallet). Then I noticed that 16s were included and I calmed down. But if I was 17 or had a 17 year old child I would be furious now. I reckon it would have been far, far simpler to have made the kids price band cover 17s and under and surely wouldn't have cost the club that much money.

May 8, 2011
The Doctor":1o51mgxt said:
I pretty much agree with Naughty Forty. I was outraged when I first read the new price structure because I thought the kids' prices were for under 16s (not 16s and under) and that would have affected my daughter (i.e. my wallet). Then I noticed that 16s were included and I calmed down. But if I was 17 or had a 17 year old child I would be furious now. I reckon it would have been far, far simpler to have made the kids price band cover 17s and under and surely wouldn't have cost the club that much money.

Doc, a quote from someone i know (He's a lad of 17);

'I had been putting away a few quid every week to get my ST for next season, i have saved up £110 so far and didnt think it would be much more if anymore than that..... I knew this was going to be my last season as an under 18 and thats the way it should be as next season will be my last at sixth form as well, from there i will be going out into the world and hopefully finding a job enabling me to pay more for things i enjoy to do, i was outraged by the ticket prices and will only be able to afford a white membership which allows me to get to 6 games, which is not great considering at the end of a hard week at college i love match day and everything that goes with it'

Mar 14, 2009
For me the prices for a green membership seem reasonble. However, I do agree with what people having been saying about having U16, U18, U21 Catergories and slowly bringing up the prices.

One question though. If we somehow manage to muck it up with 3 games to go will these prices remain the same for Blue SQ league football? I mean if you think people are moaning then imagine the outcry for those prices for non league football!

Jul 23, 2008
St.Austell
Whilst I can fully see where 17 year olds are coming from, it is worth pointing out that you save £360 between now and you turning 22 compared to last year's age brackets.

Apr 27, 2009
Naughty Forty":3pp8uydu said:
The Doctor":3pp8uydu said:

Doc, a quote from someone i know (He's a lad of 17);

'I had been putting away a few quid every week to get my ST for next season, i have saved up £110 so far and didnt think it would be much more if anymore than that..... I knew this was going to be my last season as an under 18 and thats the way it should be as next season will be my last at sixth form as well, from there i will be going out into the world and hopefully finding a job enabling me to pay more for things i enjoy to do, i was outraged by the ticket prices and will only be able to afford a white membership which allows me to get to 6 games, which is not great considering at the end of a hard week at college i love match day and everything that goes with it'

NF, don't know your friends financial situation but would one of the credit options suit him ? Paying it in 10 stages might be affordable ?

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
GreenMatt":i3r8ba5i said:
Whilst I can fully see where 17 year olds are coming from, it is worth pointing out that you save £360 between now and you turning 22 compared to last year's age brackets.

But quite a lot of 18-21 year olds won't stay in Plymouth during those years (and might never return in fact). A lot of people go away to university/college at that age (I can think of quite a few PASOTI posters in that category such as GreenSam, Fraser L-D etc.). It just seems to me that there is a natural break that occurs for a lot of youngsters (obviously not all) in the year they turn 18 and that seems more sensible as the point where the costs start to increase than 17+. But perhaps I am just betraying my (probably) middle-class background here.