Season Ticket details released today (More than just a seat) | Page 12 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Season Ticket details released today (More than just a seat)

Will you be buying one of the ST packages?

• Yes

Votes: 127 77.4%
  • No

Votes: 20 12.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 17 10.4%

• Total voters
Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
This namecalling of James Brent is just beyond cringeworthy, I guarantee he's more 'competant' then any of us on here. As I've already said, I think the leap from £120 to £250 is very steep and I'm sure if the club had let us have a sneak peak before the deals were released, then they would have addressed the questions and issues that people are bringing up.

It seems that some people will not be renewing which is a shame but the number of new ST holders will make up for those losses easily. I have many friends that 'follow' Argyle and come up if there's nothing else to do on a Saturday and they're all getting ST's next season (admittedly under 17 tickets which are very cheap). How many ST holders were there last season? 2000ish? I would expect to see at least 3500 next season including all the other package owners, I'm sure there are also many that didn't purchase a ST last season because of the off-field situation and the dislike of Heaney & Co.

B

bizzay1

But thats basically what I'm asking, so if you do not see yourself as an adult until 21 should we stop 18-21 yo from voting, drinking etc. sorry to sound so abrupt but there has to be an age when you are classed as an adult in most if not all walks of life that is now 18. I paid £0 for my lad last year because he was 9 last june, this year he is 10 so I have to pay for him to have a season ticket - I could carry your argument over to the point of why should I be penalised because he is now a year older and it would be better to wait until he is 12 before I get charged, then when he's 12 argue well why not 14 - where do you stop ??

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Argyle1886":32luokdn said:
Dave Langmead":32luokdn said:
Argyle1886":32luokdn said:
It's advertising. But the price hike by over 50% again has turned me away. Disappointed Mr. Brent!

£120>£250 and I don't even get any benefits with that? To get the benefits I'd have to pay an extra £90 on top of the extra £130 he expects me to pay for next season compared to this season? What a rip off!

You're ment to encourage students Mr. Brent not turn them away you complete incompetent m*ron!

£10.87p per game?? about 3 pints worth? approx £5.00p per week from now until end of next season? about 1.5 pints worth? half a decent curry + pint?

can't see that as a big stretch??

oh and it is 'meant' :whistle:

:clap:
Sorry, I do apologise for my spelling error sir. I forgot, you're Mr. Perfect although you don't know how to use basic punctuation? :whistle:

For those on apprenticeships/part-time jobs, another hike by 50% is incredible especially for students who are in full time education... & currently have no job. :tumbleweed:

You're not very mathematics are you? You may want to check those calculations again? :funny:

is that an adjective or a noun?

£250 divided by 23 is 10.87 rounded up to 2 decimal points. £250 divided by a nominal 50 weeks to represent a calendar year from now is approx £5.00

what is there to check?? :?

i wasn't saying it was easy! you referred to students, i suggested forgoing 2 or three pints per week would see the season ticket paid for. if you just allow for the increase on last year it is less than that.

down to those on this site. if you want to get a ST you need to find the money, not 'easy' for most Argyle fans

calling the man who saved us a moron i just don't get, but i guess without him you'd have £130 more in your pocket and all your saturday afternoons free?? :whistle:

A

Argyle1886

BethelGreen":2m20xmft said:
This namecalling of James Brent is just beyond cringeworthy, I guarantee he's more 'competant' then any of us on here. As I've already said, I think the leap from £120 to £250 is very steep and I'm sure if the club had let us have a sneak peak before the deals were released, then they would have addressed the questions and issues that people are bringing up.

It seems that some people will not be renewing which is a shame but the number of new ST holders will make up for those losses easily. I have many friends that 'follow' Argyle and come up if there's nothing else to do on a Saturday and they're all getting ST's next season (admittedly under 17 tickets which are very cheap). How many ST holders were there last season? 2000ish? I would expect to see at least 3500 next season including all the other package owners, I'm sure there are also many that didn't purchase a ST last season because of the off-field situation and the dislike of Heaney & Co.

I have every right to be frustrated & can call him every name under the sun if I wish. A loyal was 'ST' holder truly peed off! I've not be rewarded with my loyalty, I've been shot in the back.

A

Argyle1886

Dave Langmead":2e1nxf45 said:
Argyle1886":2e1nxf45 said:
Dave Langmead":2e1nxf45 said:
Argyle1886":2e1nxf45 said:
It's advertising. But the price hike by over 50% again has turned me away. Disappointed Mr. Brent!

£120>£250 and I don't even get any benefits with that? To get the benefits I'd have to pay an extra £90 on top of the extra £130 he expects me to pay for next season compared to this season? What a rip off!

You're ment to encourage students Mr. Brent not turn them away you complete incompetent m*ron!

£10.87p per game?? about 3 pints worth? approx £5.00p per week from now until end of next season? about 1.5 pints worth? half a decent curry + pint?

Sorry, I do apologise for my spelling error sir. I forgot, you're Mr. Perfect although you don't know how to use basic punctuation? :whistle:

For those on apprenticeships/part-time jobs, another hike by 50% is incredible especially for students who are in full time education... & currently have no job. :tumbleweed:

You're not very mathematics are you? You may want to check those calculations again? :funny:

£250 divided by 23 is 10.87 rounded up to 2 decimal points. £250 divided by a nominal 50 weeks to represent a calendar year from now is approx £5.00

i wasn't saying it was easy! you referred to students, i suggested forgoing 2 or three pints per week would see the season ticket paid for. if you just allow for the increase on last year it is less than that.

down to those on this site. if you want to get a ST you need to find the money, not 'easy' for most Argyle fans

calling the man who saved us a moron i just don't get, but i guess without him you'd have £130 more in your pocket and all your saturday afternoons free?? :whistle:

I'd rather skip a season owning a season package cr*p than own knowing perfectly well, if I cannot afford it I'm not taking a loan out to watch League Two football. I don't drink chap so the going without 2-3 pints doesn't really apply to me. £250 better off next season sounds pretty good :thumbs: Plus, I play for a football team so I've always got something going on, on a saturday afternoon :thumbup:

A

Argyle1886

bizzay1":2ri8xkwu said:
No you have not been shot in the back, you have become an adult

Legally, & under the eyes of the law. This doesn't apply unfortunatly. :crazy:

B

bizzay1

Argyle1886":2bo7pklw said:
bizzay1":2bo7pklw said:

sorry I don't understand what you mean by this

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Argyle1886":3flcrs5w said:
Dave Langmead":3flcrs5w said:
Dave Langmead":3flcrs5w said:

I'd rather skip a season owning a season package cr*p than own knowing perfectly well, if I cannot afford it I'm not taking a loan out to watch League Two football. I don't drink chap so the going without 2-3 pints doesn't really apply to me. £250 better off next season sounds pretty good :thumbs: Plus, I play for a football team so I've always got something going on, on a saturday afternoon :thumbup:

so you play on a saturday afternoon so you couldn't go anyway? :?

and you are only £130 better off next season as compared to this season.

where is the money that you would spend on drink .. if you did?? :lol:

A

Argyle1886

Dave Langmead":2xwu3nrp said:
Argyle1886":2xwu3nrp said:

I play before k/o @ HP. & cigs!

I planned a £50 increase into my budget not an extra £130. I'd thought prices would have not gone up much at all, if anything nothing at all. £150 sounds fair, not £250 with no benefits what so ever. Championship & Premier league season tickets are cheaper for me than Argyle. A joke if I'm honest. Argyle are meant to encourage the younger generation not scam them of what little money they have.

A

Argyle1886

bizzay1":32d86t7s said:
Argyle1886":32d86t7s said:
bizzay1":32d86t7s said:

In the eyes of Argyle I might be seen as an adult. But legally I'm not. Make sense now?

S

Starbucks

Argyle1886, many 17 year olds (I think thats how old you are) would have to pay adult prices next season which is £340 I think? So paying £250 is a good deal for the people who wouldn't qualify for an u18 season ticket next season

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Argyle1886":1ewt9ijm said:
Dave Langmead":1ewt9ijm said:

I play before k/o @ HP. & cigs!

I planned a £50 increase into my budget not an extra £130. I'd thought prices would have not gone up much at all, if anything nothing at all. £150 sounds fair, not £250 with no benefits what so ever. Championship & Premier league season tickets are cheaper for me than Argyle. A joke if I'm honest. Argyle are meant to encourage the younger generation not scam them of what little money they have.

fair enough

rather see you drinking than smoking young fella m'lad!! especially if you are a midfield dynamo!

no it is a big increase, maybe the club will act on the feedback or at least justify the increase logically

good luck mate (just don't call me 'chap' there's a good ch .....lad!! :lol: )

B

bizzay1

Argyle1886":11w7d3f4 said:
bizzay1":11w7d3f4 said:
Argyle1886":11w7d3f4 said:
bizzay1":11w7d3f4 said:

In the eyes of Argyle I might be seen as an adult. But legally I'm not. Make sense now?

Just 1 question so that I'm getting this right - when are you 18 ?