• Welcome to PASOTI (Sponsored by GA Solictors and Lang & Potter)
  • Hello guests - don't forget that by registering and signing up for Pasoti you'll see less adverts plus receive extras like free match tickets, taking part in polls, joining in the chat room and more. Come and join us!

Scoreboard

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
Kate Sponsor
Schuey Sponsor
NHS Volunteer Supporter
Pasoti Donor
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
I don't see the need. Unless one team scores a hatfull there really is no need for the score to be displayed, people can remember it. The time is on everybody's watch or 'phone. The elapsed match time is only on the referee's wrist. With a decent PA lineups and substitutions are not necessary. Replays of incidents only wind up one or other section of the crowd. No need - money can be better spent elsewhere.

Reactions: F in Argyle
Nov 3, 2006
I don't see the need. Unless one team scores a hatfull there really is no need for the score to be displayed, people can remember it. The time is on everybody's watch or 'phone. The elapsed match time is only on the referee's wrist. With a decent PA lineups and substitutions are not necessary. Replays of incidents only wind up one or other section of the crowd. No need - money can be better spent elsewhere.
Hopefully by displaying other scores, it'll be a reason to keep people off their phones for just a few seconds extra per game.

Pogleswoody

Kate Sponsor
Schuey Sponsor
Pun Master
50/50 Sponsor
NHS Volunteer Supporter
NHS Cake Donor
T.O Support
Foodbank Donor
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
I miss a lot from the Stadium 'live' but I don't miss the guy behind me tapping me on the shoulder saying:
'Man U have just scored!'.

Have they mate? Have they really? Words cannot convey to you how much I welcome that information whilst I'm watching Argyle play!
Thanks mate!!

Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
Yes, if only there was a decent PA.

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
If, as I believe has been mentioned before, advertising revenue from the scorboard would pay for its installation after a couple of years, then the "money is better spent elsewhere" arguments don't hold much water.

Reactions: Paul H