Scoreboard | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Scoreboard

Aug 3, 2013
Coningsby
Be good news if we are getting a screen. But needs to be done proper and maximize revenue, through advertising selling.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
I don't see the need. Unless one team scores a hatfull there really is no need for the score to be displayed, people can remember it. The time is on everybody's watch or 'phone. The elapsed match time is only on the referee's wrist. With a decent PA lineups and substitutions are not necessary. Replays of incidents only wind up one or other section of the crowd. No need - money can be better spent elsewhere.

Reactions: F in Argyle
Nov 3, 2006
I don't see the need. Unless one team scores a hatfull there really is no need for the score to be displayed, people can remember it. The time is on everybody's watch or 'phone. The elapsed match time is only on the referee's wrist. With a decent PA lineups and substitutions are not necessary. Replays of incidents only wind up one or other section of the crowd. No need - money can be better spent elsewhere.
Hopefully by displaying other scores, it'll be a reason to keep people off their phones for just a few seconds extra per game.

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
Yes, if only there was a decent PA.

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
If, as I believe has been mentioned before, advertising revenue from the scorboard would pay for its installation after a couple of years, then the "money is better spent elsewhere" arguments don't hold much water.

Reactions: Paul H