Score & Attendance vs Burton | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Score & Attendance vs Burton

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
I am normally very against 4-4-2 (lacks numbers in midfield and the ability to play between the lines) but if we're going to continue playing this w*nk hoofball, shoving it into the channels endlessly, we might as well play it and not pack the midfield.

Another option could be 3-5-2. Might help us to be more solid and stem the tide defensively. Only problem is that it's difficult to accommodate Carey and Ruben playing it. Therefore, maybe a 3-5-1-1 would be better suited.

So, either:

Macey

Moore
Canavan
P.Grant
ASB

Carey
O'Keefe (Fox doesn't have the legs to play in a 2)
Sarcevic
Lameiras

Ladapo
J.Grant

Or:

Macey

Edwards
P.Grant
Canavan

Moore
Fox
Carey
Sarcevic
ASB

Lameiras

Ladapo

Either way, bouncing back after last week's horror show will be tough. I'll go for 1-1.

Oct 24, 2010
The manager needs to decide on his best centre back pairing and stick with it for at least a few games to give them the chance to gell together. For me that would be Canavan and Edwards. Songo's suspension will doubtless see the welcome return of Ness to the midfield with Fox reverting to the quarter back role he was so successful in last season. We have looked a lot better recently when we have pushed up the pitch and pressed higher and got bodies forward. As other posters have pointed out if we drop too deep we end up with an isolated lone striker and revert to playing ineffectual long balls in his direction. Lapedo can be very effective with balls played into him on the ground from closer range. We need to be energetic, structured and committed to playing football and we would stand a very good chance of getting a result.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
1-0 either way.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
moles40":o14iewc2 said:
Burton not won away yet this season.

So we know what will happen.

Argyle 0 Burton 2

Yep NAILED ON.
Another inept and woeful performance riddled with basic mistakes. Team with no shape or fight in front of a quicker dwindling crowd of 6,200 actual people in attendance which will be 4,000 by 80 mins

#FORTRESSHOMEPARK?

L

luckycoopertupac23

ARGYLE 0- 2 BURTON Crowd 7800 leaves DA in quandary does he walk now or await his defeat On Tuesday when surely he will go

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Hopefully; Macey, Moore, Canavan, Grant, Smith-Brown, Fox, Ness, Sarcevic, Carey, Lameiras, Ladapo.

With that lineup, i'll go 2-1 Argyle.

Aug 11, 2013
Argyle tend to be more offensive when Songo'o isn't in the team (despite him being player of the season so far for me).

I'd really like to see a bit of pace in the team ... and for all his faults I'd like to see Wylde play. He gets the crowd going and when that happens we get an advantage in my view. When its a flat atmosphere that has helped the opposition.

Aug 11, 2013
esmer":c62kpb0w said:
The manager needs to decide on his best centre back pairing and stick with it for at least a few games to give them the chance to gell together. For me that would be Canavan and Edwards. Songo's suspension will doubtless see the welcome return of Ness to the midfield with Fox reverting to the quarter back role he was so successful in last season. We have looked a lot better recently when we have pushed up the pitch and pressed higher and got bodies forward. As other posters have pointed out if we drop too deep we end up with an isolated lone striker and revert to playing ineffectual long balls in his direction. Lapedo can be very effective with balls played into him on the ground from closer range. We need to be energetic, structured and committed to playing football and we would stand a very good chance of getting a result.
I think you mean Canavan and Grant?

Mar 8, 2016
Nobby":1uebu7un said:
Hopefully; Macey, Moore, Canavan, Grant, Smith-Brown, Fox, Ness, Sarcevic, Carey, Lameiras, Ladapo.

With that lineup, i'll go 2-1 Argyle.

I think Adams will be going for this if he deems ness and Sarcevic fit enough.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Suspect (hope) we will see a much more determined display tomorrow. 2-0.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
I like Nobby's line up apart from the two left footed centre backs. I'd put Grant as the right hand one as I think he would be more able to cope with it.

I fear though that O'Keefe will start instead of Sarcevic who will come on for Fox with about 20 to go.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I think we're crying out for some natural width. Put Wylde in & move Carey into the middle. At the moment we're trying to let Carey & Ruben buzz around Ladapo & hope the quick full backs get down the wings, good in theory, but in practice it's just not working.

I'd go for the below, Canavan & Grant for me have looked our two most competent centre backs this season. Fox to sit behind Carey and Sarcevic.

Macey

Moore
Canavan
Grant
ASB

Sarcevic
Fox
Carey

Lamerias
Ladapo
Wylde