Rochdale v Argyle Match Thread | Page 19 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Rochdale v Argyle Match Thread

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Dan ‘Terry Butcher’ Scarr
I think that Scarr has been an excellent signing. His aerial dominance in defence is crucial.
I still think there is room for improvement in attacking set pieces. He rarely seems to get into positions where he can direct powerful headers on goal.
He seems to have all the attributes to improve this area of his game.

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
I didn't think Ryan Law played badly considering his recent lack of action. As to the "missed" headed chance - it's worth pointing out that the keeper and two defenders were between him and the goal-line.

Nov 13, 2006
Plympton St M
I didn't think Ryan Law played badly considering his recent lack of action. As to the "missed" headed chance - it's worth pointing out that the keeper and two defenders were between him and the goal-line.
DP, I don’t think he played badly, my point was more that given he has has had so little game time criticism of him was unfair. He was also in the right position to take what was rightly Wilson’s second caution. And you are right with the header it looks like he was aware of the near defender and was trying to aim away from him.

Reactions: Dorset Green
May 16, 2016
Because its such a trivial point. Makes no difference. If you are concerned about players bending the rules throws ins is a bigger issue
Not as big as telling someone their bootlaces are undone when they're not and then scoring when they are checking. Also knocking on the away teams changing room door and running away is pretty much a big issue these days.

Dec 30, 2020
Regarding the Cooper Vs Law thing, I just think it’s obvious that Conor Grant is our best option at LWB and I’d imagine he’ll remain as our first choice.
Cooper is obviously still some way short of match fitness - hopefully he went off with cramp or tiredness rather than an issue with his previous injury.

If he can get up to speed, I think he can compete for a first team place and will be useful to have around in the event of other players picking up injuries.

At his current level, playing Law is going to compromise us. I would look to get him out on loan, which is no disgrace on him. If you look at the histories of most our current players very few were first team regulars at league 1 level or higher at his age.

Apr 5, 2008
need to step our game up when we face MK Dons,we looked a different outfit compared to the team before the 3 league defeats.

Lots of poor passing and then when we did keep the ball affter a few touches lumping it up to the forwards,reminds of the team back-end of last season.

Be hard to make play-offs if this continues.

Penlee

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
Scarr had to play well to cover Gillhespie which I think spooked Wilson into his worst performance. Scarr was immense well played sir.

Sep 6, 2006
Don't I know it, win or lose he will look for something.
Well shall we all agree with each other - that would be fun wouldn't it? I was merely making the point there are bigger issues than whether the ball is a few cms outside the quadrant. Who cares?
Anyway my presence is obviously not appreciated on here not least by the' know all mods' who are unchallengable so I will go the same way as Metal Green Mickey etc and resign.Spend my time more constructively! I can hear the mods celebrating now.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Scarr had to play well to cover Gillhespie which I think spooked Wilson into his worst performance. Scarr was immense well played sir.
This is precisely the kind of automatic scapegoating I was alluding to in my earlier post, though blaming the lad for Wilson's shortcomings today is taking it to a new extreme.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Well shall we all agree with each other - that would be fun wouldn't it? I was merely making the point there are bigger issues than whether the ball is a few cms outside the quadrant. Who cares?
Anyway my presence is obviously not appreciated on here not least by the' know all mods' who are unchallengable so I will go the same way as Metal Green Mickey etc and resign.Spend my time more constructively! I can hear the mods celebrating now.
A rather juvenile retort Balham. The sad thing is we do agree on your opening paragraph and I haven't suggested any different prior to that in the thread. Also, if you care to check many of your recent posts you will see I have agreed with a good number of them with the "like" option. Moreover, I have on several occasions this year stated that I enjoy you as a contributor when others have derided you as I think different opinions are what make the site what it is. If you choose to leave I for one will be sorry to see you go despite me finding you a contrary t*** just for the sake of it a lot of the time. As for MGM I never read his posts as I found early on they were far too long winded for me and my concentration span was insufficient.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Don't think it was quite as terrible as many seem to suggest. We played well for half of each half and then defended fairly resolutely around that. Cooper only really had one save of any note to make and we hit the post twice. George Cooper, Law and Ennis got minutes, Jephcott got a goal which is great for confidence, we learnt that Mayor - Broom combo won't work and we won the game after losing 3 in a row. It was far from perfect and we'll need to be a lot better v MKD on Wednesday, but a win to break the losing run was really important, however it came.

Cooper - 6
Edwards - 6
Wilson - 5
Scarr - 8
Gillesphey - 6
G. Cooper - 6
Houghton - 7
Broom - 6
Mayor - 6
Hardie - 5
Garrick - 6

Law - 6