Rochdale v Argyle Match Thread | Page 21 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Rochdale v Argyle Match Thread

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Just watched our extended highlights on Match of the Day on BBC4

One of the pundits (Stephen Warnock) bought up the fact Hotdog was offside in the build up for the 1st goal & then brought up the corner from Jordan which Jephs scored from - saying the ball wasn't correctly placed when the corner was taken

Seems we can't win :(
me too.why do the media dislike us?the records show we won and in my opinion we deserved it

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
BG has often made valid remarks about football related matters.

But it’s the snide digs at other posters, despite several warnings, that has annoyed so many.

If he has walked, I will miss the debate, but I won’t miss the vitriol.

Swaz

♣️ PASALB Member
Jan 25, 2011
bishops stortford
We should rejoice and celebrate our win today, look forward to tomorrows draw, the rest of the season with a chance of promotion, and not get caught up too much in the above.

Reactions: April 1971
Sep 6, 2006
Exactly right. Agree with most of this.

BG just doesn't understand that he's a great contributor to the talk about Argyle on this site but he just can't seem to understand the constant personal attacks on many, many posters are not welcomed.

But as always on this site, posters come and go, if BG has now gone, so be it. The site is poorer for it, but it's the way of the (internet) world it seems.
This thread obviously should not be about me but I just need to reply to above before signing out. I often disagree with people here but I strongly refute this 'constant PERSONAL attacks on many many posters'. But I will respond if attacked not least by mods.

Reactions: mikes
Aug 16, 2021
So anyway.......

Poxy ground in the middle of nowhere. Fair play and much respect to Dale fans for keeping it local as opposed to travelling the short distance to Utd or City.

Argyle were.......OK. Scarr continues to impress, Wilson let his frustration with the ref affect his performance, Georgey Coops seemed short of a yard of pace but guess that's to be expected. Not sure Mayor and Broom on the pitch together works, Broom seems a fraction of the player when Mayor is on the pitch however the cross for the goal was sublime.

Highlight for me was seeing Pieface mugged outside the ground on way back to his transport by about 30 prepubescent Dale fans seeking selfies whilst singing "get your t*ts out for the lads" 😄 made oi proper laugh.

Reactions: memory man
Jul 28, 2020
The game showed me how far we have come in only a short time. Quality wise we looked comfortably the best side at times- although we did make hard work of the victory.

I was also interested to watch the highlights of Cambridge’s 2-1 victory in their tie against Exeter at the Abbey Stadium.

Cambridge players surrounded the linesman to protest Harvey Knibbs 88th minute header header being disallowed for offside- and eventually it was ALLOWED. Does it sound familiar ? It should do. Luke Jephcott’s 54th minute goal was given, during our 1-1 draw with Cambridge at Home Park ( 17/8/2021) only to be DISALLOWED , very very late, following protests by Cambridge players, who had surrounded the linesman.

Cambridge United are creating quite a reputation for themselves, it seems to me.

The FA need to be careful here in my opinion, apart from the question of who is actually officiating and in charge, I think that they are in danger of creating a rod for their own backs ...

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
BG has often made valid remarks about football related matters.

But it’s the snide digs at other posters, despite several warnings, that has annoyed so many.

If he has walked, I will miss the debate, but I won’t miss the vitriol.
We all have our own individual styles of posting & how we articulate our thoughts
I certainly respect other posters views , life would be very boring if we all had the same opinion
One thing about BG that i found worrying was that if he disagreed with what you had written he would make a sarky comment, try to belittle your intelligence or try & make you feel incredible small because he deemed what you had posted as not valid in his eyes
I find that incredibly sad but i guess its is choice to leave this forum

Reactions: Tonka

Graham Clark

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Nov 18, 2018
From the euphoria of a near perfect display against Sheffield Wednesday in the Cup Replay it was inevitable that a dip in form would result in the questioning of individual and team performance. Some of the vitriol that has accompanied that criticism is a difficult and disappointing read. I would suggest since the opener against Rotherham only in the Charlton game were we definitively second best. Other games have been 'nip and tuck' that befits the closeness of teams in this division. All teams have had blips but it is the mark of the team as to how it recovers from such a run.

By most definitions we have outperformed most expectations. However, our game depends on high energy from the two WBs and the two midfielders either side of Houghton. To maintain that level game after game is a challenge that only the top end teams with large squads can maintain. We are not so blessed. Our game also depends on runs beyond the the central defenders. most teams now drop deeper to compensate that threat. Broom and Camara in particular have run prodigious distances this season and to maintain that level game after game would be beyond exceptional.

Our next two games will stretch us to the maximum with the travel distance and calibre of the opponents at home. We will do very well to get a result out of either game. Much will depend upon our resilience which we have demonstrated in 'bucket loads' right across the team. Some games we will fall short, other games we will unexpectedly excel but let's be realistic most supporters were hopeful to be in the hunt for a play-off spot this season. That's where we are and I think we should respect and commend our management team's performance in achieving that without the need to be excessive in our comments on individual performances.

Hopefully, more 'fortune income' from the Cup run with a favourable draw will assist in bolstering the squad for the second half of the season. I am rather looking forward to that prospect, whatever that brings.

Jun 28, 2006
Plymouth
We all have our own individual styles of posting & how we articulate our thoughts
I certainly respect other posters views , life would be very boring if we all had the same opinion
One thing about BG that i found worrying was that if he disagreed with what you had written he would make a sarky comment, try to belittle your intelligence or try & make you feel incredible small because he deemed what you had posted as not valid in his eyes
I find that incredibly sad but i guess its is choice to leave this forum
He isn’t the only one though. Personally I found his contrary nature quite amusing. He often gave a dose of reality that others either missed or were too green tinted to notice.

I have had posters disagree with me, which is fine, but when it’s done with a patronising and sarcastic tone, written in a way that it’s believed they are speaking on behalf of the football community, well that really grates me.

We will never see eye to eye with everyone on every subject. If I’m stood next to an irritating knob in a pub, I’ll just zone out or move. I do exactly the same on here.

Jul 20, 2019
Yesterday was a bit disappointing cos we were on tv and well... we were just quite underwhelming. I got a few of my mates to tune in on ITV (non argyle) and they weren't fully sold on our footie/players (against league 2 oppo). We were also underwhelming against Weds in the 0-0 on TV... hopefully we turn up against MK, again on TV!

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Yesterday was a bit disappointing cos we were on tv and well... we were just quite underwhelming. I got a few of my mates to tune in on ITV (non argyle) and they weren't fully sold on our footie/players (against league 2 oppo). We were also underwhelming against Weds in the 0-0 on TV... hopefully we turn up against MK, again on TV!
Maybe they should look at the Pompey, Burton, Stevenage, Salford, Ipswich and Lincoln results if we were disappointing.

Reactions: saxman
Jan 6, 2004
Would be interested in the viewing figures f
me too.why do the media dislike us?the records show we won and in my opinion we deserved it
If we had been playing Liverpool and lost 2-1 and both of their goals were technically illegal the tv would have made a big deal out it - they favour the underdog, they will always do all they can to emphasis how close the underdog came to winning.

Actually we had a hatful of chances, hit the post twice and both Broom and Law should have scored with clear cut chances. Objectively we deserved to win but the media story will always be that Rochdale were hard done by

Reactions: Tonka