Revised images and drawings | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Revised images and drawings

Jan 20, 2004
I have been searching, but can't find any artist impressions of phase two, that include what the corners would look like if and when they completed. Are there any ?

I thought I saw some a year or so ago before the refurb was started but can't seem to find them on here now.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Mike E":2b9syxtc said:
I have been searching, but can't find any artist impressions of phase two, that include what the corners would look like if and when they completed. Are there any ?

I thought I saw some a year or so ago before the refurb was started but can't seem to find them on here now.

Have you tried the link on the very first post in this thread?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Mike E":15ub0vqo said:

You're actually right in that there are very, very few artists impressions around. But plenty of planning images, like this one...

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Biggs":1626q90u said:
Mike E":1626q90u said:

You're actually right in that there are very, very few artists impressions around. But plenty of planning images, like this one...

I like the positioning and appearance of the boxes on the old ‘shelf’ area but what the hell is that on the Barn Park end of the Grandstand, some sort of Control Room I imagine. So crude and clumsy in design and very ugly, it ruins the appearance of the Grandstand.

Why couldn’t they just design the Control Room to be incorporated in one of the corners?

The end block of seats in the Grandstand will not be used because you will not be able to see the goal unless you are sat towards the front.

However, it’s all academic because there are no circumstances where Phase 2 will ever happen, a 17,000 capacity will be more than adequate.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
A change to the planning was submitted to the PCC planning department today relating to the relocation of the ice rink and commercial units. Also, while the size of the rink remains the same the gym, cafe and offices are now smaller.

May 16, 2016
demportdave":ivd87fzz said:
Biggs":ivd87fzz said:
Mike E":ivd87fzz said:

I like the positioning and appearance of the boxes on the old ‘shelf’ area but what the hell is that on the Barn Park end of the Grandstand, some sort of Control Room I imagine. So crude and clumsy in design and very ugly, it ruins the appearance of the Grandstand.

Why couldn’t they just design the Control Room to be incorporated in one of the corners?

The end block of seats in the Grandstand will not be used because you will not be able to see the goal unless you are sat towards the front.

However, it’s all academic because there are no circumstances where Phase 2 will ever happen, a 17,000 capacity will be more than adequate.

The some sort of control room was dropped some time ago I thought. The Club acknowledged that it would block the views from that area of the Grandstand. Where it is now is 'Temporary' but It will probably be there for a long time.

Oct 28, 2011
Nottingham
PL2 3DQ":10v1lhz6 said:
A change to the planning was submitted to the PCC planning department today relating to the relocation of the ice rink and commercial units. Also, while the size of the rink remains the same the gym, cafe and offices are now smaller.

Thanks PL2 3DQ. Looks like the proposed location of the ice-rink has moved a little bit as well.

I may have missed this but do you know if there is an agreement in place for Argyle to share facilities like car parking/possibly the gym with the ice-rink? I would have thought so for car parking at least, but now that I have looked at the plans there doesn't seem to be a lot of parking planned for the site.

Sep 25, 2003
Carbis Bay
Guiri Green":2r12fudu said:
demportdave":2r12fudu said:
Biggs":2r12fudu said:
Mike E":2r12fudu said:

The some sort of control room was dropped some time ago I thought. The Club acknowledged that it would block the views from that area of the Grandstand. Where it is now is 'Temporary' but It will probably be there for a long time.

Isn't that going to be a TV studio according to the plans? (see LEVEL 03 UPPER TERRACE FLOOR PLAN STAGE 2)

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The various amendments to the main planning application have now been approved by PCC.
The amendments included the players changing rooms, shop and ticket office, stairways, disabled access, floodlights, media centre, limestone finish and the roof.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
New detailed drawings of the drainage layout at Home Park and a maintenance schedule have been published on the Plymouth City Council planning portal.

Pootle's Pom Pom

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Mar 13, 2009
Trowbridge or Bristol
PL2 3DQ":2s36c7ma said:
New detailed drawings of the drainage layout at Home Park and a maintenance schedule have been published on the Plymouth City Council planning portal.

Don't mention the drainage. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it...

BubbaSparx

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 11, 2011
Nottingham
Darrenpafc":x4ccd1wm said:
dellaclearing":x4ccd1wm said:
Or...

If the custom painted logo/seat method was actually a real possibility, they could do ARGYLE just from white seats and put the Mayflower logo in the middle of the Mayflower stand?

Something like this:

I haven't spent much time on this one but it's just to give a rough idea!

Hope someone at the club sees this. This is much better.

The first photo on the latest GOS 65 seem to have this design now up on the wall...which is a great move from the original plans.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
There are 2 plans up on the wall in GOS pic 1, the first up in the top LHC shows the word PILGRIMS across the seats, the second plan in the middle of the wall has ARG YLE on the seats, there is no Mayflower in the middle, and i would think it would be impossible to get that design on the seats, if you look at the words PILGRIMS and ARG YLE, they are made up of whole seats so the lines are straight, your image of the Mayflower is made up of curves, diagonals, etc. the seats would have to be custom made and i imagine very expensive, it is a great idea but i dont think it is practical.
There are 7 sections in the Mayflower and we have 2 suggestions one with 8 letters and the other with 6, right now i dont like the 2 ideas PILGRIMS means you have to have one section with 2 letters and the rest with one letter and ARG YLE means you have a section with zero letters,