Revised images and drawings | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Revised images and drawings

BubbaSparx

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 11, 2011
Nottingham
I think the design will look great in reality and a blank block in between ARG and YLE will be absolutely fine. Looks nicely balanced to me especially as the lettering appears to start from the front row. And Argyle means more to me than Pilgrims.

Jul 19, 2014
Well, I don't know for sure if The Hallets, (or whoever made the decision) got the idea from my mock up but I'm glad they've considered going with something similar.

I really disliked the PILGRIMS design and explained a few pages back why I thought it was important to get ARGYLE into our branding somehow.
Plus nobody has ever asked me "How'd The Pilgrims get on at the weekend?"... Because we're ARGYLE!!! :greensmile:

Jul 19, 2014
Ottawa Green":45lf4r63 said:
There are 2 plans up on the wall in GOS pic 1, the first up in the top LHC shows the word PILGRIMS across the seats, the second plan in the middle of the wall has ARG YLE on the seats, there is no Mayflower in the middle, and i would think it would be impossible to get that design on the seats, if you look at the words PILGRIMS and ARG YLE, they are made up of whole seats so the lines are straight, your image of the Mayflower is made up of curves, diagonals, etc. the seats would have to be custom made and i imagine very expensive, it is a great idea but i dont think it is practical.
There are 7 sections in the Mayflower and we have 2 suggestions one with 8 letters and the other with 6, right now i dont like the 2 ideas PILGRIMS means you have to have one section with 2 letters and the rest with one letter and ARG YLE means you have a section with zero letters,

Yep, I tested out making a Mayflower out of just the white seats and it looked pretty awful and barely recognisable...

The actual block behind the dugouts has slightly fewer seats than the mock-up above also, so would look even worse in real life!

A neater Mayflower design would only have worked with custom etched/painted seats which would be complicated to arrange and more expensive to source and maintain...

Both of these designs were only made to throw out ideas.
In reality a block made up of green, white and black seats either in stripes or even a random formation would be an acceptable way of breaking up the ARG and the YLE!
:thumbup:

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Emeraldinho":fu6bkzwm said:
I think you may have missed my point! ;) Perhaps you're not old enough to remember Monty Python?
I remember the sketch well. I find it more amusing knowing that the opposite was actually true!

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
ARG YLE with the gap looks absolutely fine, but personally I'm not sure about the white stripe in the upper tier.

Might make the stand look a bit 'busy' and possibly odd with it not being at the same level as the white stripe on the horseshoe.

We'll see soon!