Relegated from the Championship (merged) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Relegated from the Championship (merged)

cheshiregreen

āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
WoodsyGreen":52scbdel said:
Wigan are top of the form table so should have no problem making up those four points. They've won 6 of their last 7 and have only lost one game since January.

Their fans will be delighted to hear that because taking those 12 pts off now would have them two points adrift in 24th place. Will their fine form continue with today's news or will this impact the squad?

Ray of hope for Wigan - hear Wednesday have had some issue paying staff this week. Sure our resident owl will offer chapter and verse on this. Owls should be safe unless they are charged for financial misconduct relating to Hillsborough sale.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Well now you raise it:-

I think there is a very real risk of Argyle and Wednesday being in the same league next season. Actually, we have already been charged and the hearing is continuing as we speak. If we are found guilty, a ten point deduction will see us in a relegation battle overnight.

There is no issue with finances at S6. If anything, we have too much money, hence the charges! The one player who hasnā€™t been paid on time is allegedly Sam Hutchinson who along with Westwood has been frozen out of the first team squad for allegedly disruptive influence. This is the second manager it has happened under. Hutchinson has been released and allegedly went to the media when his salary cheque was one day late. Funny that. Injury prone, poor disciplinary record, allegedly disruptive. Donā€™t think Ryan Lowe will be trying to bring him to Argyle!

Oh, his salary of about 30k a week might also be an issue. :funny:

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
WoodsyGreen":3edvtls8 said:
Ā£30k a week for a player I've never heard of. Football has lost its marbles.

Ex Chelsea. 'Cultured footballer' according to his own media release yesterday! Great player on his day and a fan favourite at one time. If youā€™ve never heard of him, maybe you havenā€™t watched much Championship football for the last six years! :wave:

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Devongreenowl":235ag5yi said:
WoodsyGreen":235ag5yi said:

Ex Chelsea. 'Cultured footballer' according to his own media release yesterday! Great player on his day and a fan favourite at one time. If youā€™ve never heard of him, maybe you havenā€™t watched much Championship football for the last six years! :wave:

Or quite possibly he was either suspended or injured whenever you watched Woodsy :funny:

Jun 27, 2019
Devongreenowl":h0qinppq said:
WoodsyGreen":h0qinppq said:

Ah yes, rings a bell now. Didn't realise he'd sunk so low :greensmile:

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
WoodsyGreen":wj1utlug said:
Devongreenowl":wj1utlug said:
WoodsyGreen":wj1utlug said:

Ah yes, rings a bell now. Didn't realise he'd sunk so low :greensmile:

Ah yes. Fairly low thing to do to slate a club whoā€™ve paid you very well for six years and nurtured injury issues. Iā€™m sure thatā€™s what you meant Woodsy :cool
Still, he posted his love for the fans, so thatā€™s all that matters.

cheshiregreen

āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Devongreenowl":7pofjv60 said:
Well now you raise it:-

I think there is a very real risk of Argyle and Wednesday being in the same league next season. Actually, we have already been charged and the hearing is continuing as we speak. If we are found guilty, a ten point deduction will see us in a relegation battle overnight.

There is no issue with finances at S6. If anything, we have too much money, hence the charges! The one player who hasnā€™t been paid on time is allegedly Sam Hutchinson who along with Westwood has been frozen out of the first team squad for allegedly disruptive influence. This is the second manager it has happened under. Hutchinson has been released and allegedly went to the media when his salary cheque was one day late. Funny that. Injury prone, poor disciplinary record, allegedly disruptive. Donā€™t think Ryan Lowe will be trying to bring him to Argyle!

Oh, his salary of about 30k a week might also be an issue. :funny:

Think the problems of the championship are encapsulated in the table on this link.

https://twitter.com/KieranMaguire/statu ... 56705?s=19

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
The championship relegation scrap is definitely the most interesting thing happening in football right now. Very unpredictable. A lot of teams still in danger.

Voice of Reason

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Sep 30, 2004
I cant find it now or even remember what the subject was, possibly VAR related - where i stated that the biggest concern was the rise in betting companies involved in football. What would happen if a VAR decision would cost a football sponsor millions of pounds - that sort of thing - well we might just be about to found out.
Rick Parry no less is suggesting that Wigan going to admin is part of a scam. Previous owners are rumoured (i stress rumoured) to have placed huge bets in the Far East on Wigan to be relegated from the Championship.
This is getting smelly - where huge sums of money being lost or won the unpleasant in society normally get involved, if there turns out to be any truth in this, then i fear for the game.

Keepitgreen

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
ā™£ļø PACSA Member
ā™£ļø Senior Greens
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Action Jackson":26gn6upy said:
Huddersfield are going down 100%. They'll struggle next year as well.
One defeat in 6, including a win against West Brom this evening, has more than likely secured their place in the Championship next season.

Tugboat

Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 24, 2007
Keepitgreen":1tqhylxr said:
Action Jackson":1tqhylxr said:
One defeat in 6, including a win against West Brom this evening, has more than likely secured their place in the Championship next season.
WBA starting Robson-Kanu up front over Charlie Austin!!

Get what they deserve :D

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Keepitgreen":2blhkqpw said:
Action Jackson":2blhkqpw said:

Yep, fair play to Danny Cowley. They looked doomed a while ago, but now only need a point to be mathematically certain of survival.

Mar 14, 2009
I watched Leeds versus Barnsley a few days ago.

Very impressed with the way Barnsley out pressed a Leeds side now promoted. If thatā€™s the kind of standard we will face it will be difficult task.

I do think the gulf between league one and the championship has been getting bigger because of the financial rewards of the championship compared to league one. For example, Peterborough and Rotherham have been yo-yo clubs for a number of years where they canā€™t sustain championship football but remain always near the top of league one.

I know you have your Sunderlandā€™s and Ipswichā€™s but even poorly run clubs mounting up debt still seem to hold their own around the top 10 because they still have the lure to draw some of the better players for this league.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Just looked at today's fixtures.

How often does this sort of thing happen at the end of the season?

Hull v Luton
Wigan v Charlton

If Luton or Hull win the other is probably doomed, a draw probably dooms both.

A Charlton win might make things dodgy still for Wigan, a Wigan win probably means they are safe even with the 12 point deduction.

http://www.livefootball.com/football/en ... mpionship/

At the other end, last night's defeat for WBA may well have blown automatic promotion.