Relegated from the Championship (merged) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Relegated from the Championship (merged)

Surely the fastest rise and fall has to be Northampton in the sixties. I have a dodgy memory, but I think they went from the old 4th division to the first in successive seasons, then came down again just as quickly. Edit. Sorry, just seen Lundon beat me to it.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
mervyn":d3lpzx5n said:
Surely the fastest rise and fall has to be Northampton in the sixties. I have a dodgy memory, but I think they went from the old 4th division to the first in successive seasons, then came down again just as quickly. Edit. Sorry, just seen Lundon beat me to it.

4th to first and back again in 10 seasons

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Wasn't Swansea's rise and fall quicker than that?

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
In season 1964/65 I remember seeing us beat Northampton 1-0 in an evening game in the League cup as an 8 year old, the season we went on to reach the semi final and the season they were promoted to the old first division.

Aug 12, 2016
Bang Phra. Thailand
That bottom six or seven is fascinating. Stoke, Hull and Huddersfield all on a downward spiral.
Barnsley and Charlton revived and looking like having good escape plans.
Six points betwen them and six/seven games left.
Most of them are meeting each other in the remaining games.
You cannot say that any of them are DEFINATELY down.

This is the business! A mini league where ALL of them are trying to avoid relegation (and us) next season.

Sit back and enjoy the spectacle.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Good result for Luton tonight.

Stoke beaten by Wigan and Middlesbrough in last two and currently on a downward trajectory.

Middlesbrough v Hull this week too. Championship always maintains the interest to the last kick.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
cheshiregreen":2leyefiu said:
Good result for Luton tonight.

Stoke beaten by Wigan and Middlesbrough in last two and currently on a downward trajectory.

Middlesbrough v Hull this week too. Championship always maintains the interest to the last kick.

I'm backing Warnock to do the biz with Boro'

Jun 27, 2019
Would rather Stoke and/or Boro don't come down. This division's going to be hard enough to get out of as it is without one or both of those in it as well.

We could well have Ipswich, Sunderland, Portsmouth, Stoke and Middlesbrough all in League One next season.

Heathrow Green

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 12, 2011
An airport just outside London
I think Wigan entering administration will have a bearing on this.

If they get the 12 points deducted that drops them to the bottom of the table and 4 points from saftey.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
League confirm 12 pts deduction. If Wigan finish outside relegation places 12 pts deducted this season (they're 8 clear at time of typing).

If they are in relegation spots 12pts deducted in 20/21 season.

Jun 27, 2019
Wigan are top of the form table so should have no problem making up those four points. They've won 6 of their last 7 and have only lost one game since January.