Positives if we are relegated | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Positives if we are relegated

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
You’re right, not sure where I got the two up in 1927 bit from. Anyway, finishing second 6 times in a row when only one side went up, is amazing.
Indeed it was. And I think.there was a season before that run where they drew 21 out of 42.

Reactions: Biggs

Dazzy3000

✅ Evergreen
Dec 3, 2008
None.

The five year plan will turn into a twenty year plan.
It’s the season 2039/2040. After a poor run of results, Argyle sack their manager and need someone to come and save their season. Neil Warnock emphatically declares from his zimmer frame that he’s ready and raring to go if needed. However, Argyle decide to look elsewhere. So Neil puts his slippers back on and wistfully looks out the window of the nursing room, remaining more convinced than ever that he’ll be back in the dugout soon.

Sep 6, 2006
It’s the season 2039/2040. After a poor run of results, Argyle sack their manager and need someone to come and save their season. Neil Warnock emphatically declares from his zimmer frame that he’s ready and raring to go if needed. However, Argyle decide to look elsewhere. So Neil puts his slippers back on and wistfully looks out the window of the nursing room, remaining more convinced than ever that he’ll be back in the dugout soon.
And some will still claim he is the saviour!

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
The 5 year plan will be a bit dead in the water if we go down, I always felt it was slightly odd to unveil it before we’d actually survived our first season at this level.

jerryatricjanner

🎫 ST Donor 🎫
✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
You dont think they may want to avoid injuries to their best players, rest some with niggles after a long season?
If they are even half professional they will take the attitude that Hull just might put 5 or even more past Plymouth and they need to get a result on the day to confirm their place in the play offs.
I am confident they will set up to win the game. It could change as the afternoon unfolds but they won't want to lose.

Reactions: Lancastergreen
May 4, 2012
Sunderland
The 5 year plan will be a bit dead in the water if we go down, I always felt it was slightly odd to unveil it before we’d actually survived our first season at this level.
They did say when it was revealed that while relegation was a possibility it wouldn't alter the plan.

Reactions: saxman
Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
You dont think they may want to avoid injuries to their best players, rest some with niggles after a long season?
Think how you think. It doesn’t bother me but I do think that carrying momentum into the playoffs is exactly how we’d do it in the same circumstances. Also, they could drop to the fourth side in the Playoffs which would at this time mean playing Ipswich or Leeds instead of Southampton. That could mean a bigger or lesser chance of getting to the final.

Reactions: chester