Points based ticket priority | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Points based ticket priority

John Cooper

Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
"five points per home fixture and 10 points per away fixture"
I'll go to all 3 mickey mouse cup fixtures then....

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Thanks for the reply.

The 'reserved pool' needs some clarification.
Part of the reason of me buying a season ticket was to receive priority for away games, I usually go to around 12 away games per season, it does appear that this may now not be the case, although it needs to be clarified and explained; and wasn't mentioned at the time I bought a season ticket.

You will still have priority as a season ticket holder. Just on the games where there is a limited amount of tickets, ST holders will not all hold level priority and the points system will kick in.

I don’t think the intention is that non-ST holders could get priority over ST holders. I’m not even sure that would be possible based on the way points are awarded.

Reactions: Lundan Cabbie
May 8, 2011
I think it is quite fair that ST holders who go to Fleetwood and to Charlton on a Tuesday night get priority over ST holders who only go to the glamour games or ‘local’ day trips. The Club is just rewarding loyalty.
For the record I am going to Fleetwood and Charlton but will be giving both FGR and ECFC a miss as I don’t regard either as a good day out.
But I agree that the Club should have announced this before STs went on sale.
They should use this season to accumulate points and introduce it next year.

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
May 1, 2006
I haven't seen reference here to points being allocated to Flexi/BGL members.

Is there nothing to reward us under points system? Recognise we got second priority on tickets, but, if I read this properly we potentially will drop to 3rd priority on occasion behind reserved pool and STs.

Doesn’t seem much incentive to buy flexi membership. Many of us purchase flexi tickets as a way of supporting club financially even though geography might prevent us making 6 home matches in a season.
I'd hope / assume that Flexi members get allocated 60 pts off the bat? Similar to a season ticket holder getting 230 pts? Not sure how that works for BGL members though. Perhaps the same as Flexi members? Those who are Flexi and BGL members perhaps would therefore get 120pts? Agree it would be good to know these things - I'm hoping the next time I log in I'll see my flexi ticket rewarded / turned into pts!

Reactions: Brussels Bureaucrat

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I think it is quite fair that ST holders who go to Fleetwood and to Charlton on a Tuesday night get priority over ST holders who only go to the glamour games or ‘local’ day trips. The Club is just rewarding loyalty.
For the record I am going to Fleetwood and Charlton but will be giving both FGR and ECFC a miss as I don’t regard either as a good day out.
But I agree that the Club should have announced this before STs went on sale.
They should use this season to accumulate points and introduce it next year.

"The Club is just rewarding loyalty."

We then enter the realms of what defines loyalty. A new ST holder for this season could jump ahead of someone who has bought a ST for the last 15 years.

Again, we need more clarity on this and hopefully the club haven't moved the goalposts since ST's were sold.

Apr 1, 2009
"The Club is just rewarding loyalty."

We then enter the realms of what defines loyalty. A new ST holder for this season could jump ahead of someone who has bought a ST for the last 15 years.

Again, we need more clarity on this and hopefully the club haven't moved the goalposts since ST's were sold.
Whilst I know a lot of long-term ST holders will feel they should get priority over newbies, I think this will just make the system too complicated and incomprehensible. If you do this, you surely have to also reward those who went to Fleetwood 3 years ago, and even Carlisle 23 years ago, as well as any past (but not current) ST holders. Where do you draw the line?

Nothing is going to be completely fair, but it surely has to be this season's purchases only.

I'll do my bit to make some space by not using my STs to purchase Exeter away tickets.

Reactions: Brussels Bureaucrat
Jul 29, 2010
I buy my ST with a view to readily obtaining tickets for the ‘glamour’ away matches and the home games that I can get to. ‘Moving the goal posts’ post purchase really does leave a lot to be desired 😳

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Whilst I know a lot of long-term ST holders will feel they should get priority over newbies, I think this will just make the system too complicated and incomprehensible. If you do this, you surely have to also reward those who went to Fleetwood 3 years ago, and even Carlisle 23 years ago, as well as any past (but not current) ST holders. Where do you draw the line?

Nothing is going to be completely fair, but it surely has to be this season's purchases only.

I'll do my bit to make some space by not using my STs to purchase Exeter away tickets.
Over time this will be established but there has to be a starting point and I would assume it would be extremely difficult to back date the awarding of points.

Reactions: SWTT

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
I buy my ST with a view to readily obtaining tickets for the ‘glamour’ away matches and the home games that I can get to. ‘Moving the goal posts’ post purchase really does leave a lot to be desired 😳
But you don’t have a guaranteed priority because there are more season ticket holders than tickets available for these games.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
It's not clear at all and really needs explaining now rather than when the first away game comes along.

The first test of this new system will be the Forest Green Rovers game which is likely to sell out.
Will ST holders who bought tickets for the away games at Fleetwood and Charlton games (both unlikely to be sell outs) have first priority for the FGR game followed by ST holders who didn't go to Fleetwood and Charlton?

If that scenario is correct it's unfair and wasn't stated at point of purchase.
There are over 8,000 season ticket holders. When you purchased your season ticket, what made you think this would give you priority for an away ticket at FGR or Exeter City over the other season ticket holders?

I think I saw you say that you go around 12 away games. The system being suggested will eventually give you priority over season ticket holders who only do half a dozen away games but you’ll be behind in the queue of a season ticket holder who goes away 15 times. It is obviously going to take a bit of time to rank every supporter as their level becomes apparent.

Dunkeld Green

✅ Evergreen
Jan 4, 2006
Inver, Dunkeld
But you don’t have a guaranteed priority because there are more season ticket holders than tickets available for these games.
Also you will have to include the factor of being on the computer as soon as the tickets are released, does the box office hold tickets back or just say 09:00 free for all.....sat next to the computer waiting for the release

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Also you will have to include the factor of being on the computer as soon as the tickets are released, does the box office hold tickets back or just say 09:00 free for all.....sat next to the computer waiting for the release
I would expect that when tickets go on sale, the first window of opportunity will be season ticket holders with x amount of points, the second window with y amount of points and then other windows as needed depending upon the allocation.

Argyle have the complication of the BGL priority and need to work out how many points to allocate to these supporters in order for them to maintain their position in the queue for available away tickets.

smudja

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
What if the away game is pay n the day? Do I get points for turning up last minute cos I've managed to swap a shift etc.

Reactions: ChepstowGreen

John Cooper

Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Why not introduce the points system using past purchases. I looked at History on my account, there’s ticketing details going back to 2012.