Points based ticket priority | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Points based ticket priority

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
I haven't seen reference here to points being allocated to Flexi/BGL members.

Is there nothing to reward us under points system? Recognise we got second priority on tickets, but, if I read this properly we potentially will drop to 3rd priority on occasion behind reserved pool and STs.

Doesn’t seem much incentive to buy flexi membership. Many of us purchase flexi tickets as a way of supporting club financially even though geography might prevent us making 6 home matches in a season.
It is odd that Flexi's aren't benefiting from points up front in the same way as ST holders. STs get 10 points per home game immediately as a reward for the upfront commitment, but Flexi's only get 5 per home game upon redemption.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
There are over 8,000 season ticket holders. When you purchased your season ticket, what made you think this would give you priority for an away ticket at FGR or Exeter City over the other season ticket holders?

I think I saw you say that you go around 12 away games. The system being suggested will eventually give you priority over season ticket holders who only do half a dozen away games but you’ll be behind in the queue of a season ticket holder who goes away 15 times. It is obviously going to take a bit of time to rank every supporter as their level becomes apparent.

When I purchased my season ticket I didn't expect priority over other ST holders, however I did expect to join a queue, whether online or at the ticket office, with other ST holders and take my luck in the queue because that has always been the system and at the point of selling the season tickets the club never mentioned a points system.

For example, a season ticket holder who's one away game of the season is the traditional game on Boxing Day at Cheltenham and takes his luck in the queue now has no chance of buying a ticket because in front of him will be ST holders with 10 away games worth of points.

It would be fair enough if the club stated all this before selling season tickets. The club knew the make up of League One at that point and the likelihood of local games selling out.

Again, everything has to be clarified by the club, the article yesterday has confused the issue but when selling the season tickets this was stated ..

Screenshot_20220718-084641_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: meetoo

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
My point was that I bought a ST not knowing of a change to come and I never mentioned guarantees of a ticket.
As a season ticket holder the changes are minimal. You will get 230 points immediately which will mean that your priority over non season ticket holders is maintained and for most games nothing will be any different.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
When I purchased my season ticket I didn't expect priority over other ST holders, however I did expect to join a queue, whether online or at the ticket office, with other ST holders and take my luck in the queue because that has always been the system and at the point of selling the season tickets the club never mentioned a points system.

For example, a season ticket holder who's one away game of the season is the traditional game on Boxing Day at Cheltenham and takes his luck in the queue now has no chance of buying a ticket because in front of him will be ST holders with 10 away games worth of points.

It would be fair enough if the club stated all this before selling season tickets. The club knew the make up of League One at that point and the likelihood of local games selling out.

Again, everything has to be clarified by the club, the article yesterday has confused the issue but when selling the season tickets this was stated ..
View attachment 4799
There you go Ian. You have answered why there is a need for a loyalty system rather than have to rely on luck to get a ticket. As a season ticket holder you will still have a priority over non season ticket holders.

Sep 22, 2003
I agree that the statement is confusing. It begins by stating that there is a points system for allocation BEFORE tickets are available to season ticket holders, flexi/BGL, and general sale. With 8000 ST and only a fraction of tickets available for away games, it seems that Argyle want to introduce an ST+ - distinguishing between those members that have a ST and those members that also go to the games. So ST+ tickets are available for those with more than, say, 5 Home and 2 Away games (or equivalent) become available the day before other ST holders, and then Flexi/BGL and, finally, if any tickets are still available, general sale.

I would be onboard with this. It maintains the integrity of the priority system.

However, the article goes on to say that ST holders are given 230 points. This suggests that availability will be based on points with the loss of priority to Flexi/BGL and ticket purchase being the (only?) criteria. Presumably the legality of this change in the conditions at the time of purchase has been considered.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
There you go Ian. You have answered why there is a need for a loyalty system rather than have to rely on luck to get a ticket. As a season ticket holder you will still have a priority over non season ticket holders.

That's not the point, this new system wasn't stated when ST's went on sale.
In affect, the priority without the points is for the first away game, after that those who bought tickets for Fleetwood are given priority for the following away game.

I really wish the club would put some meat on the bones and explain further.

Sep 22, 2003
As a season ticket holder the changes are minimal. You will get 230 points immediately which will mean that your priority over non season ticket holders is maintained and for most games nothing will be any different.
Is that the case?
A non-ST who goes to every away game gets 230 points plus 5 for every home game attended. This would trump the person who bought a ST and attended no games.
OK, this is only relevant to the play offs (after 23 away games) and you could argue that they deserve it anyway. Nevertheless, it is an example of a ST losing their priority.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
That's not the point, this new system wasn't stated when ST's went on sale.
In affect, the priority without the points is for the first away game, after that those who bought tickets for Fleetwood are given priority for the following away game.

I really wish the club would put some meat on the bones and explain further.
I am sure they would like to but they have said they are going to use a suck it and see approach and I get that because it means they can address any problems they hadn’t anticipated as they happen.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Is that the case?
A non-ST who goes to every away game gets 230 points plus 5 for every home game attended. This would trump the person who bought a ST and attended no games.
OK, this is only relevant to the play offs (after 23 away games) and you could argue that they deserve it anyway. Nevertheless, it is an example of a ST losing their priority.
The season ticket holder gets their points immediately whereas the non season ticket holder gradually catches them up through the year than as soon as he has caught them up the ST holder jumps ahead when they renew next season. It will only be the new ST holder NEXT season who will then be on a par with your loyal away supporter.

Sep 22, 2003

View attachment 4799
Sorry Ian, but while there is a change in the conditions, I'm pretty sure that this argument wouldn't stand up in a court. I.e. has the change been sufficient to have influenced your decision to buy?

Would you not have bought a ST if you had known that there is likely to be some people with a higher priority for a ticket on Boxing Day?

Last edited:
Reactions: meetoo

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Would understand going down this route if about 15 away games last season didn’t make general sale but it was only one gave what didn’t last season

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Would understand going down this route if about 15 away games last season didn’t make general sale but it was only one gave what didn’t last season
There has been a huge rise in the number of season tickets this year and you’re right, only a handful of matches are like to attract the need of this facility. However imagine trying to introduce it in twelve months time if Argyle have been promoted? Lessons will have already been learned this season and meaning fewer teething problems when it is really needed in the SBC. It can be looked upon as a trial this year.

Dazzy3000

✅ Evergreen
Dec 3, 2008
To be honest I doubt there’s THAT many fans that would go to every away game and not have a season ticket. If you were that committed to travelling round the country following Argyle you’d come back for home games too.

Reactions: Lundan Cabbie

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
I think it is quite fair that ST holders who go to Fleetwood and to Charlton on a Tuesday night get priority over ST holders who only go to the glamour games or ‘local’ day trips. The Club is just rewarding loyalty.
For the record I am going to Fleetwood and Charlton but will be giving both FGR and ECFC a miss as I don’t regard either as a good day out.
But I agree that the Club should have announced this before STs went on sale.
They should use this season to accumulate points and introduce it next year.
I have been a ST holder for many years. For the last few years I have worked on a Saturday morning so can't go to most away games.
I am 70 yo and not been well recently, I cannot go to Fleetwood on a Tuesday night or Charlton.
I might however fancy taking a day off to go to Stroud (where I used to work) on a Saturday or a weekend stay.
Nothing to do with 'loyalty'.
But as far as I know, every time I have bought a ST for the last few years I have been promised priority tickets.
Fine if other ST holders 'beat' me to a ticket but it makes them younger, fitter and more flexible not more 'loyal'.
I would not accept non ST holders getting tickets before me.

Reactions: smudja and meetoo