Points based ticket priority | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Points based ticket priority

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Last edited:
Reactions: Lundan Cabbie

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
I've just filled this in. I voted against.

Points based systems make sense, but can be very unfair. By their very nature those that can attend every game get more points, and then even more points when they are prioritised for bigger games. Eventually a certain group become to far ahead for others to catch and it becomes a closed shop.

For most attending every game week in week out is practically and financially not possible, and is a privilege for those that can. To provide unassailable priority to those that can then seems unfair.

I voted against it. I think the system as they have it is fairest. If they devalued the Big Green Lottery, I'd worry that they'd lose subscribers which would affect funding for the youth set-up.

If you need the occasional priority for away cup matches, rather than just go to general sale after flexi/BGL, impose criteria that you've had to have bought a couple of away tickets. They did something similar for the Liverpool match I think?

M

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I think a points system would be fair up until a certain point. As someone else has said above, what you don't want to happen is for away games to become a closed shop. The system would need to be designed in such a way that assigns some level of priority for games attended etc, but doesn't lead to a select group of fans pulling so far away from the rest. Overall I'm in favour, but with some limits.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2009
I voted for. Gives people who go to games, without purchasing a season ticket, a chance rather than going on general sale after Season tickets holders have got theirs leaving it open to the glory hunters.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
From somebody who uses a Loyalty Points system I think it is totally fair. Loyalty points really come into their own for matches where there are fewer tickets than demand. That means that those who go the most don't get overtaken by the occasional supporter. Last season Brentford away was the perfect example. A new stadium, a small away allocation and relative close travel wise. It was bound to be a popular away trip but those who go to games the most often got priority. That's not a closed shop, it's just keeping it fair. If somebody has to miss out then why should Mr Two Away Games Per Season get a ticket at the expense of somebody who follows the club more often?

Feb 7, 2019
I voted for. Gives people who go to games, without purchasing a season ticket, a chance rather than going on general sale after Season tickets holders have got theirs leaving it open to the glory hunters.
Thing is that the glory hunters might bring thier kids, who then get the bug and want to come back.

Can't happen if they are excluded from attending the big games.

Tricky aint it?

Reactions: vibratingspider

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Absolutely right. Imagine in five years time that there is an exiled member of the Green Army who has regularly done ten away games per season but rarely gets to Home Park.... and along comes a new supporter who buys a season ticket that year. Is it fair that the the new fan jumps ahead of that loyal GA member as what happens at the moment?

Aug 13, 2009
I give as an example the Liverpool replay at Home Park. I struggled to get a ticket even though I had attended games throughout that season, yet I know of two people who had never been to Argyle, have never gone since and still got tickets for the match.

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
Back in my London days, I knew fans of the big teams in London who would buy away game tickets just for the points and then not attend denying a ticket to a supporter who would actually want to attend. Is that fair?

Due to this, I voted against.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I give as an example the Liverpool replay at Home Park. I struggled to get a ticket even though I had attended games throughout that season, yet I know of two people who had never been to Argyle, have never gone since and still got tickets for the match.

As a matter of interest why did you struggle?

The criteria was that you had to have attended 5 home matches to get a ticket.

What was the problem you had?

Reactions: Nik82
May 8, 2011
Points should only be given for away games or home cup matches.
The number of points given for each match should vary according to the opposition, distance and KO time.
For example Exeter away you would only get 1 point, but Fleetwood away on a Tuesday night you would get 50 points.
Similarly you get more points for going to an EFL trophy match than a FA Cup game.

May 3, 2019
Points should only be given for away games or home cup matches.
The number of points given for each match should vary according to the opposition, distance and KO time.
For example Exeter away you would only get 1 point, but Fleetwood away on a Tuesday night you would get 50 points.
Similarly you get more points for going to an EFL trophy match than a FA Cup game.
So, let’s say you live in Lancashire and the only game you go to all season is Fleetwood away, 50 points.

I go to every home game on my ST and a few ‘local’ away games, so zero points for the 23 home games I attend and a handful of points for Exeter, Bristol Rovers, FG away …

… Yep, gets my vote 👌

May 8, 2011
So, let’s say you live in Lancashire and the only game you go to all season is Fleetwood away, 50 points.

I go to every home game on my ST and a few ‘local’ away games, so zero points for the 23 home games I attend and a handful of points for Exeter, Bristol Rovers, FG away …

… Yep, gets my vote 👌
Because the priority will always be ST holders first.
For example the tickets would go on sale as follows;

ST holder with 150 points
ST holder with 100 points
ST holder with 50 points
ST holder with 0 points
then on sale to non season ticket holders using whatever other loyalty scheme is in place.

It is the system a lot of other Clubs are already using.

So the ST holders who regularly go to long distance away matches will get priority and rewarded for their loyalty and dedication over the occasional day tripper.