Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers - the build up | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers - the build up

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Didn’t say I was offended, just thought it unnecessary so I disagreed with it. I’m sure most Wycombe fans would be offended though.
Didn’t say I was offended, just thought it unnecessary so I disagreed with it. I’m sure most Wycombe fans would be offended though.
I don’t think they’d necessarily be offended JB. I think they’d split their sides laughing and think that some Argyle fans have ideas above their station. Signs of that creeping in on the Charlton thread.

Wycombe’s is a wonderful rags to riches story which deserves huge credit for all involved. From Isthmian league up as far as the Championship, it’s been a real success story. I reckon any reasonable football supporters should be able to give them credit for that.

Vile, odious football club? Vile, odious comment if you ask me

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
I don’t think they’d necessarily be offended JB. I think they’d split their sides laughing and think that some Argyle fans have ideas above their station. Signs of that creeping in on the Charlton thread.

Wycombe’s is a wonderful rags to riches story which deserves huge credit for all involved. From Isthmian league up as far as the Championship, it’s been a real success story. I reckon any reasonable football supporters should be able to give them credit for that.

Dreamgreen said:

I never said that - software glitch.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012

Did anyone?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Anyways back to football related stuff rather than agenda driven, I just hope we can score first as we all know will ensue else.

Head injuries, time wasting in the first half, and as for their keeper!!

Reactions: JannerinCardiff

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Wycombe are certainty an easy side to dislike at the moment, but they won't mind that one jot whilst they continue to do well. Other sides (notably Northampton and more recently Cambridge) seem to be following their blueprint. We are absolutely not the only club to have a problem with them but by doing so we do play into their hands.
The best hope for something resembling a football match is if Argyle can force the game that way by getting an early goal.
I don't have a problem per say with WWFC as such and can remember being happy to see them progress in the FA cup one year with a giantkilling or two (they put an ad in the paper for a striker I believe who then scored against Leicester?!). The great Cyrille Regis played for them too. There will be a point where they attempt something different again.
All that matters on Tuesday is that Argyle play their own game as much as possible and that we all get home by Thursday.

May 16, 2016
As much as some dislike them, and they did have a deserved reputation on their way to the Championship, I think they are now, more than capable of playing good football when they want to. We should be celebrating the rise of another 'small' club rather than wishing ill on them.

If you ran a poll of who the majority of supporters would rather go up with us automatically instead of one of the 'big yet failing' Clubs that just assume they should or will be promoted, I'm sure Wycombe would be near the top of that list.

Dec 3, 2005
Wycombe MAYBE the new Wimbledon in some peoples eyes, but i admire where they have come from and I think their Manager is a good one, he makes a silk purse out of a pig's ear. Argyle just need to make sure they score FIRST.
I am sure it will be a very open game then, they are not 4th in the League for no reason, respect the opposition.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
A horrible team and a trip to Adams Park is never enjoyable.

The problem is that their antics have been successful so they will keep on doing the same thing although it will be interesting to see if a stint in the Championship has mellowed the way they play 'football'.