Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up | Page 60 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up

Jul 12, 2016
Lots of talk about new players- understandably so

But personally would be dissapointed if we don’t get Jordan Garrick back again

Bags of pace and good ability too

Can cover both wing back positions and up front too . Perhaps most important of all he’s clearly a nice guy...

If you get to read this Jordan- come on down, you know it makes sense....
A good squad player but feel we could do better.

Reactions: jerryatricjanner

NLG

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
Good news for the Saints if true, used to watch them when I lived in Scotland, dire football but great supporters.

C

Cult Of Personality

i understand that but don't plead poverty to me they have made a lot of money, last season 13,300 odd crowds just sold nearly 8500 season tickets ,last seasons cup run and tv money season before the insurance pay out plus the money they received from nhs for the covid vaccination centre so they must have a few quid to spend on player's.
What about the season they had no fans in and still had to pay players ?.

The big screen will have been paid for by sponsoring it .

Whilst I would love Argyle to spend the money we have to understand that is what got us into a mess in the first place and that safe spending is the way forward for our club

Aug 22, 2020
What about the season they had no fans in and still had to pay players ?.

The big screen will have been paid for by sponsoring it .

Whilst I would love Argyle to spend the money we have to understand that is what got us into a mess in the first place and that safe spending is the way forward for our club
I agree with buying young talents. But buying players in there late 20’s early 30’s what’s the point

Aug 5, 2016
Similar to Byron Moore, a good all rounder, shame he was let go by Argyle.
His attitude and workrate left a lot to he desired towards the end. But to he fair, he may have already known by then he was being released at the end of the season and saw no point in playing for Lowe any more.

If he is at Telford now then perhaps other clubs picked up on the lack of application.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I’ve heard a rumour from someone up here that we could be signing Cole Gibbings from Swansea.

Think he might be a CB.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: briangreen

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Mikel Miller was at Home park this morning
From the youtube compilation I watched Miller looked like a strong, pacey WIDE forward, which doesn't exactly fit with our 3-5-2 formation unless he is going to play as a wingback, which seems unlikely to me. I wonder whether there is a chance that we are going to set up with something like a 3-4-3 formation, i.e. essentially the same at the back but with more defensively minded wingbacks, two proper midfield players and three more widely arranged attacking players. The central striker would play dropping deep role that we've seen Jephcott/Ennis do in the past, the wider strikers would be more in the Hardie/Garrick mode running the channels and into the space behind the defence. A change like this doesn't require ripping up the whole structure but it could make us more solid at the back and in the middle whilst still having enough attacking players to pose plenty of threat. We'll see.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Jun 27, 2019
Miller played wingback for Rotherham last season so there'd be no need for a formation change.

The problem with him is his injury record. He didn't start more than two games in a row last season because of a succession of fitness issues. That's why Rotherham have released him.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
From the youtube compilation I watched Miller looked like a strong, pacey WIDE forward, which doesn't exactly fit with our 3-5-2 formation unless he is going to play as a wingback, which seems unlikely to me. I wonder whether there is a chance that we are going to set up with something like a 3-4-3 formation, i.e. essentially the same at the back but with more defensively minded wingbacks, two proper midfield players and three more widely arranged attacking players. The central striker would play dropping deep role that we've seen Jephcott/Ennis do in the past, the wider strikers would be more in the Hardie/Garrick mode running the channels and into the space behind the defence. A change like this doesn't require ripping up the whole structure but it could make us more solid at the back and in the middle whilst still having enough attacking players to pose plenty of threat. We'll see.
It would be a concern to me that having gone out on loan to Northampton Town in EFL 2, in the recent past, he made circa 16 appearances and failed to score. This is 2 Leagues below his host club!