Plan B.....Just as secretive as Plan A? | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plan B.....Just as secretive as Plan A?

TCM

Jun 7, 2011
uncle buck":2d3ye10t said:
totnes comie mike":2d3ye10t said:
tav if things are that bad ile buy you a couple of pints in the brit first home game ,genuine offer, :)

Or the fanfest :)
good idear, come on down to the fan fest ,2 pints on me tav ,and a good old argo debate :) come and join the 8000 of us,come on you cant stay away for the first game,personally iam counting the days down and driving her in doors up the wall :)

TCM

Jun 7, 2011
ear,thinking outside the box hear,why dont the trust try and get the 2 sides together? if mr heanys struggling with doller,him and his irish mates could do the stand and the picture house mr brent could do the hotel all the pro and anties could get together for a great big pee up,,,,,,,,,,every bodys happy,,,stranger things have happend ?

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
greengenes":2wiyl5fk said:
I'm beginning to doubt my own sanity Ian > I've read some stuff on here that makes me think I'm having a bad dream .

I'm incredulous that anyone - anyone could not be in favour of a rescue plan .

Thankyou to you and you compartriots Ian really big thanks .

Couldn't agree more GG

Oct 24, 2010
martynargyle":2zzalrtz said:
Argyle_4_Life":2zzalrtz said:
Pathetic thread.

To everyone involved in securing our future, ignore the minority talking out of their backsides. I'm grateful for everything that you're doing. You have my respect and utmost confidence.

another ass licker
I'm not an ass licker Martyn but if Brent wants confidentiality he can have it. Heaney's entitled to it as well. He who pays the piper calls the tune and all that.They're the guys, hopefully, stumping up the dosh.

L

Lord Tisdale

esmer":3trf3udn said:
martynargyle":3trf3udn said:
Argyle_4_Life":3trf3udn said:
Pathetic thread.

To everyone involved in securing our future, ignore the minority talking out of their backsides. I'm grateful for everything that you're doing. You have my respect and utmost confidence.

another ass licker
I'm not an ass licker Martyn but if Brent wants confidentiality he can have it. Heaney's entitled to it as well. He who pays the piper calls the tune and all that.They're the guys, hopefully, stumping up the dosh.

You just like a different flavoured ass :lol:

Great thread!

Anyone checked on Martyn, he hasn't been seen for a few hours, I'm worried ge might have done an "Amy"

Jun 16, 2006
Bristol
IJN":njpexcvj said:
All this, from a post started by someone with an axe to grind. :)

IJN - first of all, can I thank you for all your fund raising efforts. I don't post often and haven't registered my appreciation before. The thrust of this post certainly isn't aimed at you, just a post I picked up on.

However, unless I've missed previous exchanges between you and the OP, on what basis is this statement made?

I personally have no enthusiasm for the Heaney bid, but there seems to be an increasing propensity to dismiss anybody supporting 'plan a' by name calling of various degrees.

There have been numerous posts asking for some bones on plan b. The general response seems to be the need for secrecy, which I accept, or that the basics of Brent's plans were laid out in March. Unless I'm mistaken hasn't Mr Brent himself stated that things have changed since then? Isn't it there for reasonable for people to ask what Mr Brent's current proposal is in just a little more detail?

Apologies if this rambles, but drunk and jet-lagged. Again,IJN, this isn't meant as a dig at you or anyone championing plan b.

L

lostinleeds

Green Mugs2":2os06zdt said:
IJN":2os06zdt said:
All this, from a post started by someone with an axe to grind. :)

IJN - first of all, can I thank you for all your fund raising efforts. I don't post often and haven't registered my appreciation before. The thrust of this post certainly isn't aimed at you, just a post I picked up on.

However, unless I've missed previous exchanges between you and the OP, on what basis is this statement made?

I personally have no enthusiasm for the Heaney bid, but there seems to be an increasing propensity to dismiss anybody supporting 'plan a' by name calling of various degrees.

A lot of 'new' users have appeared whose sole remit on the site appears to be to try and discredit the attempts at Plan B. It is getting quite tiresome. There are problems with Plan B, inevitable because of the timescale in which it is being created and the additional financial problems with taking over the club that have been evoked by the extended period that the Heaney takeover seems to be taking (latest 'completion date' appears to be 5th of August). I think people (myself included) are getting tired of the sniping at the 'plan b crew' who appear to be mainly made up of hardcore fans who are giving up their own time to construct a bid which may not be needed if the Plan A goes through, but is nevertheless necessary because of the many uncertainties with Plan A.

There have been numerous posts asking for some bones on plan b. The general response seems to be the need for secrecy, which I accept, or that the basics of Brent's plans were laid out in March. Unless I'm mistaken hasn't Mr Brent himself stated that things have changed since then? Isn't it there for reasonable for people to ask what Mr Brent's current proposal is in just a little more detail?

This may be a fair question, from what I understand Brent and the are trust are trying to cobble together a bid at short notice, without help/input from the administrator who wont contact them because of the exclusivity clause. I would like to know as much as possible about the Plan B but details are going to be scarce given the timescales involved. I think the basic idea is to sell the ground back to the council for around £2m to cover the cost of admin / debts, and then for PAFC to be run with basically Brent, or his nominated deputy, in charge. The basic point to make is that we need a Plan B, however imperfect it is, because with Plan A looking shaky, without a plan B we could be facing liquidation. A number of people, including Brent and some of PCC, are sacrificing their own time to try a make a viable alternative bid available.

Apologies if this rambles, but drunk and jet-lagged. Again,IJN, this isn't meant as a dig at you or anyone championing plan b.

Sorry if my reply is incoherent. Have been in Shef sampling some of Thornbridge Brewery's finest creations and my ability to think clearly has suffered as a result!!!.

Mar 10, 2011
AXE TO GRIND?!
You're quite right. I actually set up this account back in March, knowing full well what would happen.
I have no axe to grind. I'm just a hardworking argyle season ticket holder who asked a few questions about a group of people interested in buying my club.
Maybe some of the questions were intended to stir a little, but they certainly had the desired effect of getting people talking about plan b.
I'm sorry if I upset anyone by starting this thread, I promise you it was never intended that way. I was just worried that the supporters of plan b on here seem to think they are holyer than thou.
To be honest, now I have read a lot of the post from the people involved in plan b, IJN, Postey, Graham, Chris, Peter Jones, they have actually put some of my questions to bed, so I thank you for that.
I still have an uneasy feeling about a few aspects of plan b. However if the only alternative in Heany, then I'd be more than happy to see James Brent as chairman......IJN as fans director......Chris Webb as tea boy..... Maybe Peter Jones as IJN's driver??
Just messin with you lads. A bit of a u turn from me, I know. I sincerely mean this, best of luck with the bid/rescue plan.

Resurgam.

A

Anonymous

Green_1979":1ql90z5z said:
AXE TO GRIND?!
You're quite right. I actually set up this account back in March, knowing full well what would happen.
I have no axe to grind. I'm just a hardworking argyle season ticket holder who asked a few questions about a group of people interested in buying my club.
Maybe some of the questions were intended to stir a little, but they certainly had the desired effect of getting people talking about plan b.
I'm sorry if I upset anyone by starting this thread, I promise you it was never intended that way. I was just worried that the supporters of plan b on here seem to think they are holyer than thou.
To be honest, now I have read a lot of the post from the people involved in plan b, IJN, Postey, Graham, Chris, Peter Jones, they have actually put some of my questions to bed, so I thank you for that.
I still have an uneasy feeling about a few aspects of plan b. However if the only alternative in Heany, then I'd be more than happy to see James Brent as chairman......IJN as fans director......Chris Webb as tea boy..... Maybe Peter Jones as IJN's driver??
Just messin with you lads. A bit of a u turn from me, I know. I sincerely mean this, best of luck with the bid/rescue plan.

Resurgam.

If you had tasted my tea you wouldn't say that!

Perhaps you and martynargyle could do our press releases?

Anyone on facebook add ArgyleFans' Trust as a friend if you fancy.

Chris

A

Anonymous

martynargyle":1g6ijt8t said:
Chris Webb":1g6ijt8t said:
Green_1979":1g6ijt8t said:
AXE TO GRIND?!

Resurgam.

If you had tasted my tea you wouldn't say that!

Perhaps you and martynargyle could do our press releases?

Anyone on facebook add ArgyleFans' Trust as a friend if you fancy.

Chris

as above i wrote my apology maybe you would be good enough to read it

martyn

Martyn

I read it. After page after page of insults and bile.

Forgive me if I'm not rushing to your defence.

The prize (Argyle's survival) is far too big to all of us to be divided by petty infighting. All I ask is that maybe a little thought goes into what you are posting.

A week or so you started a thread complaining that there was a "clique" I answered your post and you didn't even reply. Join in, have a debate - there's no need for the insults. It makes your arguments weaker.

Chris