Pasoti Incoming? (appeared to be Bobby Duncan - NOT signing) | Page 17 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Pasoti Incoming? (appeared to be Bobby Duncan - NOT signing)

Nov 30, 2010
Brechin
I can't see how this can be a free transfer, unless Derby want to pay up Duncan's contract. Duncan has 22 months left on his contract which, I would assume, pays him rather more than we would want to. He's not going to want to walk away from a lot of money, and financially challenged Derby are unlikely to want to pay him up. I think it will be a loan, initially until January, in the hope that it puts him in the shop window, and that the player actually does something that encourages a club to buy up his contract.
That would make more sense to me, certainly - also an incentive to the kid to knuckle down and get on with impressing rather than rocking the boat.

Obviously, in an ideal world, RL would have got a couple of targets over the line. But if that's not happening, then a cheeky wee punt on Duncan is probably worth it for a short term loan. Sure, it'd probably end up like Abraham last season, but for 3 months I'm not sure there's a lot to lose.

Still holding out hope for Eaves though......

Apr 1, 2009
If we do get Duncan in, it's got to be in the same category of signing as the super talented ex Everton lad Lowe got here for a few months. Put simply, access to a player we would never get if he didn't have a bit of a malfunction in him. We have everything to gain, nothing to loose. If he causes trouble show him the door. Simple.
In some respects, yes. However Baxter was 27 and had played 200 odd professional games, mainly at a higher level. Duncan has done almost literally nothing in adult football.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
I’m assuming Neil Dewsnip must have some knowledge of this lad given he’s played in the England youth levels? If so, clearly think there is something to work with, both as a player and in attitude

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I sort of want us to sign Duncan now, just to see what the hype is about.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
13 pages- still no news
As a lady this feels like a slow painful labour !!!!!!!!!!
What an anti climax if Duncan doesn't sign- we could all have been barking up the wrong tree
Oh the joys of the transfer window :D

Sep 1, 2008
Duncan's issues all seem to have come down to playing time. Obviously we don't know what his previous clubs offered him when he signed but maybe they all said he would get his big break in the first team, or even that the starting spot was his to lose, I would be pretty annoyed if I was told I would be getting a prestigious position in my job to then take a back seat.
We also dont know his current attitude, maybe he had a conversation with his cousin and a few home truths cut to the point and he realises he needs to build upwards rather than starting from the top, then maybe mr g put a call in for him and explained the details to lowe who said he'd have a chat and things went from there.

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
Duncan...wouldn't be within a 1000 miles of any analytical profiling even at Bellingham Synthonia Recreation (use to be a good northern club in amateur days)....so if he comes to Argyle... Ryan Lowe will need to start living in the real world.....or phone Brentford up and ask them where his profiling is going wrong.

Reactions: Mark Pedlar

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Don't forget if you go to the Home Page, you can see the countdown clock showing how many hours it is until the Transfer Window SLAMS (as it always does) shut. :)

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Don't forget if you go to the Home Page, you can see the countdown clock showing how many hours it is until the Transfer Window SLAMS (as it always does) shut. :)
I think for us the transfer window will close quietly with Lowe hoping no-one realises… 😂