Pasoti Incoming? (appeared to be Bobby Duncan - NOT signing) | Page 15 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Pasoti Incoming? (appeared to be Bobby Duncan - NOT signing)

Oct 5, 2013
The recruits are an upgrade on last season true. But he signed those too didn't he so question marks remain.
That was last season. This is now.
RL said in close season that he learned a few lessons last season, which is all any of us can do, and what we all should do - unless we think everything we do or say is perfect, that is.
Seems to me from this season that one of the things he was referring to was what sort of players to sign.

Oct 5, 2013
I donā€™t find it strange that a new player should leave it until the last minute before signing - that way they are most likely to get the best offer financially, and who can blame them for that?

Apr 1, 2009
I donā€™t find it strange that a new player should leave it until the last minute before signing - that way they are most likely to get the best offer financially, and who can blame them for that?
Can't quite see how that necessarily follows. The best offer will come if there are multiple clubs interested, thereby creating, in effect, an auction. Often clubs will have spent most of the budget by close to deadline day.

Mar 14, 2009
Hallett said Argyle want to play smart in the transfer market. How on earth, given the lack of game time, can Argyle be taking anything but a huge gamble over a player like this.

Loweā€™s own words this summer in the herald.

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/ryan-lowe-outlines-approach-making-5699115

ā€œHowever, he is not prepared to rule out the prospect of bringing in a young player from a higher level club in the right circumstances.

Lowe said: "If he's a 21-year-old who has been out on loan beforehand and done so well of course we will look at it, why not?

"What I don't want to do is bring in an 18 or 19-year-old kid who has not played any games. There are one or two positions we need to strengthen up a little bit and we will have a look at that.

"If he's 21 and he has played and he's good enough then fine. If he's 31 and he has played and he's good enough then so be it

"We are hopefully looking for a little bit more experience because that's potentially what we still need."

Where on earth does Duncan fit into that criteria. Notice Lowe mentions on many occasions about game time. ā€œIf he has played..ā€

It was Lowe himself stating about experience.

Sep 6, 2006
That was last season. This is now.
RL said in close season that he learned a few lessons last season, which is all any of us can do, and what we all should do - unless we think everything we do or say is perfect, that is.
Seems to me from this season that one of the things he was referring to was what sort of players to sign.
But question marks remain don't they?

Jan 2, 2006
Someone mentioned the player looked like Adam Morgan - another player who originated from Liverpool. It was then stated that Morgan played for Chelmsford away to bath on Saturday so it couldnā€™t have been him. Nobody said that Bobby Duncan was playing in Bathā€¦ā€¦.

RKB

ā™£ļø PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
Eaves would be a great addition. Duncan would be a punt. Both of them coming in would be fantastic, and give us great options up front, especially when Ennis returns.
But that's probably just wishful thinking..

Reactions: Emu

Keepitgreen

šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
ā™£ļø PACSA Member
ā™£ļø Senior Greens
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
.......................................... How on earth, given the lack of game time, can Argyle be taking anything but a huge gamble over a player like this...........................................
It's all speculation Mickey.

Mar 14, 2009
It's all speculation Mickey.
I know. Itā€™s just lm surprised itā€™s speculation given what we have been told regarding our transfer policy.

Argyle need a physical brute of a forward. Something different to what they already have. Itā€™s speculation over Eaves too. However, gets me more excited because he has played at this level and done well. Yes we probably canā€™t afford him but thats the type of pedigree of player unfortunately we need to progress in league one.

Tugboat

Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 24, 2007
Difficult decision but if Lowe does sign him then clearly he can see something there to work with.

Based on his previous Iā€™d personally stay well clear but Iā€™m not the expert.

The important thing is how the deal would be structured. If itā€™s a loan deal that we could easily terminate if things went sour then fine. If itā€™s a permanent deal it needs to be structured to prioritise the clubs interests if he has a wobble that canā€™t be steadied.

It all seems a little high risk but again, Iā€™m not the expert. The guy could have matured since his last issue and maybe just wants to knuckle down and play football.

who knows.. Lowe and his staff will surely cover all possible angles before making a decision.

I guess itā€™s our job to support whatever decision they make and welcome him with a clean slate of he were to sign.