Pasoti Incoming? (appeared to be Bobby Duncan - NOT signing) | Page 19 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Pasoti Incoming? (appeared to be Bobby Duncan - NOT signing)

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Can we change the thread title to ‘Pasoti no incomings’ please 😂😂

stewthenoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 24, 2005
YELVERTON
Clearly this move failed to complete.

Will you/can you say more now?
So, now the dust has settled, I can probably say now that it was, indeed Bobby D that I was talking too. His words were that he was signing for us, if his club agreed.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
So, now the dust has settled, I can probably say now that it was, indeed Bobby D that I was talking too. His words were that he was signing for us, if his club agreed.
Did they?

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
A good decision not to be ‘bullied’ by Derby County into signing him for a full season.
Galloway is an example and we have only given him a short contract until he proves his fitness.
It seems that Duncan would have needed to prove his attitude, personality and commitment.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
A good decision not to be ‘bullied’ by Derby County into signing him for a full season.
Galloway is an example and we have only given him a short contract until he proves his fitness.
It seems that Duncan would have needed to prove his attitude, personality and commitment.
And also prove he’s a decent footballer for top half League 1 football imo consider how little competitive matches he’s played in his career so far..

Jan 27, 2012
These England youth players from big clubs are quite often out of their depth when it comes to playing in the football league against proven footballers. For instance, both Tafari Moore and Ashley Smith-Brown were England youth internationals from Arsenal and Manchester City respectively. They are now on the football scrapheap after failing to perform for a struggling League One club.

I prefer a player who is proven in real football- not youth leagues.

Dwight Marshall, mentioned above, was brilliant and came from the rough and tough semi-professional leagues. And then we have Sturrock’s great vision in signing up Noone and Bolaise as well as Holloway taking on Barnes.

At the other end of the spectrum I see that Daniel Sturridge is without a club. He may be better than Argyle but, you never know, if he just wanted to get match fit and put himself in the shop window until January then theres a place for him here I’m sure.

Jan 26, 2009
Tamerton Foliot
So, it would appear that Bobby Duncan DID want to sign for us, and that Ryan Lowe wanted him, but the only problem was 'deal until January, or deal until end of June'. Ryan was not prepared to gamble on 10 months rather than 4. Derby seem to have lost out here, having to pay an unwanted player for the next 4 months, when they could have recouped some wages from us, and put him in the shop window. I wonder if the deal is still 'live' and he plans to join us in January? Or was it that Ryan merely wanted cover for Ennis whilst he's out injured? Duncan may possibly have been a big 'ead in his time, but there's got to be a player in there, if he wants it. What do others think?

Jun 27, 2021
These England youth players from big clubs are quite often out of their depth when it comes to playing in the football league against proven footballers. For instance, both Tafari Moore and Ashley Smith-Brown were England youth internationals from Arsenal and Manchester City respectively. They are now on the football scrapheap after failing to perform for a struggling League One club.

I prefer a player who is proven in real football- not youth leagues.

Dwight Marshall, mentioned above, was brilliant and came from the rough and tough semi-professional leagues. And then we have Sturrock’s great vision in signing up Noone and Bolaise as well as Holloway taking on Barnes.

At the other end of the spectrum I see that Daniel Sturridge is without a club. He may be better than Argyle but, you never know, if he just wanted to get match fit and put himself in the shop window until January then theres a place for him here I’m sure.
Daniel sturridge is a def no no.. on trial in spain.. if that fails can see him go USA, no way we will be able to afford or pull him in.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
So, it would appear that Bobby Duncan DID want to sign for us, and that Ryan Lowe wanted him, but the only problem was 'deal until January, or deal until end of June'. Ryan was not prepared to gamble on 10 months rather than 4. Derby seem to have lost out here, having to pay an unwanted player for the next 4 months, when they could have recouped some wages from us, and put him in the shop window. I wonder if the deal is still 'live' and he plans to join us in January? Or was it that Ryan merely wanted cover for Ennis whilst he's out injured? Duncan may possibly have been a big 'ead in his time, but there's got to be a player in there, if he wants it. What do others think?
I think once Ennis is back that we’ll not pursue Bobby Duncan anymore.

Aug 17, 2005
I read from one of the Derby sites that the problem was that at the moment he isn't included within the numbers fir the size of squad as he is considered youth. If he came to us and he went back in January then he would be considered as a player within the squad. So on that basis as Derby don't see him as a player for them this year, Yes a possibility he will be here in January

subbuteo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 12, 2009
Scott Sinclair's career kicked off with us. I like the young flair players who want to show their best whilst on loan. Maybe this could have been the chance Duncan needed but if he did fluff his lines, a short term loan was the minimal risk approach.

Jan 27, 2012
I don’t like the sound of Bobby Duncan based on what I have read. Aside from possible attitude problems, he is completely unproven in professional football. His only claim to fame is a handful of appearances in Italy- for a club that couldn‘t wait to get rid of him it would seem. And if he was any good, he would have surely played some football for Derby.

No thank you.

Reactions: Larry David
May 22, 2006
Scott Sinclair's career kicked off with us. I like the young flair players who want to show their best whilst on loan. Maybe this could have been the chance Duncan needed but if he did fluff his lines, a short term loan was the minimal risk approach.
Scott Sinclair was highly thought of at Chelsea.

Booby Duncan was not wanted in Italy, is now not wanted at Derby and Stevie G presumably doesn’t want him at Rangers.

Fail to see any comparison between Sinclair and Duncan, other than they are both footballers and not even sure that one of them can be described as that given his one appearance in a COVID emergency side that lost to a tier six side.