Pasoti Incoming? (appeared to be Bobby Duncan - NOT signing) | Page 14 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Pasoti Incoming? (appeared to be Bobby Duncan - NOT signing)

Oct 5, 2013
Lowe is just a bullsh1t merchant.

I don't believe he has a clue what he's doing.
Would you agree RL has made some good defensive signings this season?
Would you agree Ennis was a good signing?
Would you agree Broom was a good signing?
Also, maybe you could expand on why you believe RL doesn’t have a clue what he’s doing for us?

Aug 5, 2016
With Lowe usually saying his phone is a hotline of players wanting to come here, and how long we have had to get our new players sorted and here, with all the amazing personnel we have installed to take us forward , it's amazing that we are so very desperate to sign anyone we can drag up before the deadline with it possible they may sign in the final hour!
I feel it doesn't bode well for us fans!!

I don't see what is "desperate" about this signing. We aren't signing a Forest Green Rovers benchwarmer here.

He is a 20 year old with a lot of talent who needs a wake up call before his career goes down the pan.

Duncan scored 18 goals in 20 x U18 Premier League games at one stage. He was causing a lot of excitement on Merseyside that he was the next Robbie Fowler. The hype very much may have gone to his head, maybe it was agent manipulation keen for a cut of an early transfer. Who knows.

He is still only 20 years old though, so he needs to get away from Liverpool, possibly a new agent, and a figure like Lowe to put an arm around his shoulder and get his career going again. Plymouth is a good place to cut out the distractions, and possibly not as homesick as Florence.

In terms of a rotten apple spoiling the barrel, I can't see it in this case. We have some young players, but the likes of Jephcott, Hardie, Ennis etc. are sensible lads and aren't gonna fall out with Lowe because Duncan isn't getting enough football. If he spits his dummy out again and goes AWOL, he could be looking at non-league for his next contract, and that won't do his career prospects any good whatsoever.

If Lowe gets him in the right frame of mind, fit, hungry and scoring goals, it could be a fantastic addition. He may even make the club a bit of money.

I'd rather a striker like this coming in than a Simon Church or Daniel Nardiello type, that is for sure.

Green as Grass

♣️ North Devon Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jan 5, 2012
Barnstaple
I would still not dismiss Tom Eaves as a possibility. Has played in the past at Bristol Rovers and Yeovil. He played with Ryan Lowe at Bury in 2015. This is a recent extract from Hull Live -

"McCann is looking to move on some of his fringe players and given the Tigers are well covered in forward areas, Eaves being shown the exit door wouldn’t be a surprise.

It is clear that, although his application and effort are never in question, his ability to press from the front and marshal a forward line most definitely is.

If there is a direct team in League One who is looking to play to the strengths of a target man, then Tom Eaves could be their man, having already thrived in a route one system at Gillingham".

That extract is based on his ability in the Championship.

NLG

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
Actually you missed my point.

People are questioning his attitude and maybe wondering if this is going to be a problem.

What lm saying is given how people like Ravel Morrison have had so many opportunities then Duncan shouldn’t be shoe horned into a box at his current age to say that he can’t change. Morrison had years upon years of chances to knuckle down. Duncan is very much at an earlier, and therefore most importantly, different stage of his career where he can still showcase his talents. And not waste them like Morrison unfortunately did.

As l’ve repeatedly said, the issue l have is if we sign him then l find it confusing given our transfer policy was to bring players to the club, even if youth players, who have had first team experience. This goes against what was said. Lowe went onto say he rather give our own player(s) a chance. Hence why l mention Shirley. I’m not saying he is ready for regular first team football. l just not sure why a player like Duncan can showcase his talents any better given his lack of first team football.
OK so, I think we may already have a development plan for Shirley and we probably already have a loan lined up to support this plan. However we can't execute it because we have missed out on our preferred targets (went elsewhere or not yet released) and we are not going for bench warmers. If this is the case, and assuming it works out as we would hope, then bringing in Duncan may actually enable us to continue Shirley's development rather than impede it.

Aug 17, 2005
Surely it’s all about the cost to benefit ratio. If Duncan is low (affordable) cost to bring in but with potentially very high benefit then it’s worth signing him regardless of whether we already have players of his type. He’s obviously got very high potential - how many other recent England internationals have played in an Argyle shirt?

For me, it is all about making the right judgement about his character. I’m prepared to think that 1) people can ‘wake up’ to their reality and change their mindset and 2) all may not be exactly as it is portrayed in the relatively small number of media pieces about him.

I agree that a signing of this type is a bit of a gamble but it’s one of the few ways that a club like Argyle might a player of potentially international quality.
Brendan galloway

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Argyle have two weeks off.

If he already has been here, as some have said, then he’s probably signed.

Judging by one of the photos on his missus story on Instagram, she’s gone on holiday with a female relative

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
OK so, I think we may already have a development plan for Shirley and we probably already have a loan lined up to support this plan. However we can't execute it because we have missed out on our preferred targets (went elsewhere or not yet released) and we are not going for bench warmers. If this is the case, and assuming it works out as we would hope, then bringing in Duncan may actually enable us to continue Shirley's development rather than impede it.

#3. Lowe has said Shirley won't go out on loan until January.

Sep 6, 2006
Judging by one of the photos on his missus story on Instagram, she’s gone on holiday with a female relative
So now we are reduced to discussing the holiday arrangements of a a relative of a girlfriend of somebody who may or may not have been at HP on Saturday! Remarkable.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Lowe is just a bullsh1t merchant.

I don't believe he has a clue what he's doing.
Being a football manager is not a popularity contest
RL may not be everyones cup of tea but he will be judged on the results on the football pitch
I do not have an issue with the manager- the players he has recruited in the close season have been an 100% upgrade on the players he recruited last season
Broom, Galloway & Garrick (from the short opening appearance on Saturday) are quality acquisitions that will no doubt improve the team
Just because we havent signed anyone since Jordon doesnt mean RL is clueless
We dont know what goes on in the background- i would rather he gets the right fit players than panic signing random players just to make up the numbers
Maybe some people dont have patience in the waiting game that football managers have to play to get their targets

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
I would still not dismiss Tom Eaves as a possibility. Has played in the past at Bristol Rovers and Yeovil. He played with Ryan Lowe at Bury in 2015. This is a recent extract from Hull Live -

"McCann is looking to move on some of his fringe players and given the Tigers are well covered in forward areas, Eaves being shown the exit door wouldn’t be a surprise.

It is clear that, although his application and effort are never in question, his ability to press from the front and marshal a forward line most definitely is.

If there is a direct team in League One who is looking to play to the strengths of a target man, then Tom Eaves could be their man, having already thrived in a route one system at Gillingham".

That extract is based on his ability in the Championship.
So he’s not the kind of player that would fit into Argyle’s approach to the game at all really.

Reactions: Andy70
Sep 6, 2006
Being a football manager is not a popularity contest
RL may not be everyones cup of tea but he will be judged on the results on the football pitch
I do not have an issue with the manager- the players he has recruited in the close season have been an 100% upgrade on the players he recruited last season
Broom, Galloway & Garrick (from the short opening appearance on Saturday) are quality acquisitions that will no doubt improve the team
Just because we havent signed anyone since Jordon doesnt mean RL is clueless
We dont know what goes on in the background- i would rather he gets the right fit players than panic signing random players just to make up the numbers
Maybe some people dont have patience in the waiting game that football managers have to play to get their targets
The recruits are an upgrade on last season true. But he signed those too didn't he so question marks remain.

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
The recruits are an upgrade on last season true. But he signed those too didn't he so question marks remain.
Maybe there are question marks over last seasons signings , however being one of the most isolated clubs in the football league and the most isolated from league 1 upwards , I feel recruiting experienced players last season would have been particularly difficult with coronavirus which possibly led to gambling on young promising loanees .