Our rivals | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Our rivals

Who do you think are our biggest rivals?

• Bristol City

Votes: 14 8.4%
  • Bristol Rovers

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Burnley

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cardiff

• Exeter

Votes: 123 74.1%
  • Luton

• Portsmouth

Votes: 22 13.3%
  • Southampton

• Swansea

• Torquay

• Watford

• Other

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dec 19, 2008
1 person voted for Watford. I would put good money on this being the Plymothian man who bit off George Reilly's ear on a building site in Corby in 2003.

Oct 18, 2011
Pafcintheplace":1f15g3zo said:
P@blo":1f15g3zo said:
1) Exeter - traditional local rivals
2) QPR - always seen them as friendly rivals since our promotion season together
3) Torquay - baby brother style rivalry (although embarrassingly they are out shining us right now but I feel kind of proud of their surge in form)

Too right, always good to see Torquay succeed. Overall, they're in the best shape I've ever known. Top end of the league, new stand coming up... Go Gulls!

This attitude really winds up the Gulls as well. They're desperate for us to see them as proper rivals like Exeter, so the "Ah, nice to see little Torquay doing well" doesn't go down very well. I work with a Torquay fan and that was my response after they beat us twice this season and he was looking for me to be upset. Worked a treat.

And that brings me to my point, can a team really be a "rival" if they don't see themselves as such? I'd bet that hardly any supporters of all the teams on the list would see us as "rivals", apart from Exeter and Torquay.