Nomination period for Trust board election closes 5pm Wed | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Nomination period for Trust board election closes 5pm Wed

Greenskin":33ph4tfm said:
greengenes":33ph4tfm said:
Damon.Lenszner":33ph4tfm said:
Hello, is that Kofi? I hear you are a pretty good mediator. - what, you failed in Syria? Sorry Kofi if you failed in Syria you've got no chance in Plymouth!'

I actually think there could be a sort of peace IF the main protagonists sat around a table together and talked .

Won't happen I guess . However thats the usual way differences are settled .

Wouldn't like to be the table in those circumstances.Could be rather dangerous.

Plastic cups only. Don't want a 'Zebroski' moment.

greengenes":20xrqewu said:
I'm peed off with it all. FFS we are 18th in the lowest division. The Club deserves better.

Embarrassing, isn't it? FFs, we're just a tiny tin-pot football club in the big scheme of things, yet you'd think the way some "adults" behaved that we are on a par with Barcelona.

As greengenes said elsewhere, grow up guys.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Leigh Rapson":1wpueol6 said:
tonycholwell":1wpueol6 said:
greengenes":1wpueol6 said:
The whole thing is sad very sad. Cant believe what I'm reading on either site.

GG, thats odd, I have always found Vital quite a reasonable site:)

Personally, I have found it beneficial not to read the "other" site. Easier to keep the BP under control.

Ah tony you're back. Good weekend?

As the main protagonist in this latest spat between the two sites are you prepared to issue a statement to put all this to bed? I don't mean your resignation because that would be pointless but maybe an apology for the tone of your complaint?

The two sites should get on harmoniously side by side but with them both bitching it will never get better. Be the gentleman I know you are and do the right thing mate.

Leigh

We had a wonderful break, so much the better coming so close after France, thank you for asking.

Mrs TC saw the lake Mr Darcy swam in (Lyme Park), we revisited old haunts over the Peaks and culminated in Rotherham where the BNP were having a rally. Excellent.

Oh and the football, good day spoiled by the result.

Im not sure I recognise myself in "protagonist" I will always stand up for what I consider right as I would expect others to do. On that point I would hope that ATD would do the decent thing (literally and metaphorically) but am not hopeful.

As far as the subject in hand is, I am not surprised at the end result. At one point there were 4 candidates for 4 vacancies which was skin of the teeth stuff, but now only 3 so they will be forced to co opt again. For a "vibrant" organisation it seems a little desperate. Im sure someone will be along and say how relevent the Trust are yet they can not bring themselves to finally say they will not be going for the 20% offer in Argyle. That was one of their core stratergies. The days of Clark and Webb seem so long ago.

As for peace between sites, they are too different. The language allowed on ATD would be banned here for a start. And quite rightly.

I hoped the PASB would become more relevent, but have servere doubts under its likely leadership.

In the meantime, we all still have a team to support (or pillory) although that seems to get forgotten. And so the reality of supporting Argyle remains so different from the online experience.

Odd that.

tonycholwell":2qtlmcbv said:
Leigh Rapson":2qtlmcbv said:
tonycholwell":2qtlmcbv said:
greengenes":2qtlmcbv said:

Personally, I have found it beneficial not to read the "other" site. Easier to keep the BP under control.

As the main protagonist in this latest spat between the two sites are you prepared to issue a statement to put all this to bed? I don't mean your resignation because that would be pointless but maybe an apology for the tone of your complaint?

The two sites should get on harmoniously side by side but with them both bitching it will never get better. Be the gentleman I know you are and do the right thing mate.

Leigh

We had a wonderful break, so much the better coming so close after France, thank you for asking.

Mrs TC saw the lake Mr Darcy swam in (Lyme Park), we revisited old haunts over the Peaks and culminated in Rotherham where the BNP were having a rally. Excellent.

Im not sure I recognise myself in "protagonist" I will always stand up for what I consider right as I would expect others to do. On that point I would hope that ATD would do the decent thing (literally and metaphorically) but am not hopeful.

As far as the subject in hand is, I am not surprised at the end result. At one point there were 4 candidates for 4 vacancies which was skin of the teeth stuff, but now only 3 so they will be forced to co opt again. For a "vibrant" organisation it seems a little desperate. Im sure someone will be along and say how relevent the Trust are yet they can not bring themselves to finally say they will not be going for the 20% offer in Argyle. That was one of their core stratergies. The days of Clark and Webb seem so long ago.

As for peace between sites, they are too different. The language allowed on ATD would be banned here for a start. And quite rightly.

I hoped the PASB would become more relevent, but have servere doubts under its likely leadership.

In the meantime, we all still have a team to support (or pillory) although that seems to get forgotten. And so the reality of supporting Argyle remains so different from the online experience.

Odd that.

Ok, sidestepped again but fair enough. If you found ATd so vile why did you post on there so much?

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Leigh Rapson":3fhas5os said:
tonycholwell":3fhas5os said:
Leigh Rapson":3fhas5os said:
tonycholwell":3fhas5os said:
greengenes":3fhas5os said:

Leigh

Odd that.

Ok, sidestepped again but fair enough. If you found ATd so vile why did you post on there so much?

Im not sure what I am meant to have side stepped?

Anyway, like the 19th century missionaries, I thought it may be possible to bring love to their hearts.

It isnt!

Sep 28, 2011
I've just paid my subs to the trust,

Best tenner i've ever spent!

Keep it going guy's,pasotis been a right bore lately.....

:)

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Leigh Rapson":1zr71p14 said:
tonycholwell":1zr71p14 said:
Leigh Rapson":1zr71p14 said:
tonycholwell":1zr71p14 said:
greengenes":1zr71p14 said:

Leigh

Odd that.

Err, because he was after votes for his PASB campaign Leigh, you know that. He has a better sidestep than Jonathan Davies ever had. Tony, having shown no contrition whatsoever for what was considered by over 90% of people an error of judgement with an ulterior motive to put it kindly last week, have you since your brief sojourn brought to anyone's attention the tasteless jokes at the fanfests you attend, the tasteless chanting by sections of our club's fans at Rotherham on Saturday where you were again in attendance, both of which I am sure you will agree bring the club into disrepute, especially with it being a subject so close to your heart. I understand you didn't happen to hear them at the fanfest. How about at Rotherham, or were you out of earshot on Saturday as well? If so I am sure your investigative skills in your day job will soon be able to confirm both took place. I am sure that the civic leaders and James Brent are eagerly awaiting your indigation in writing.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Jerry

Gosh, that was better out than in wasn't it? Did you make it to Rotherrham? I only ask because although you said these things happened I and many others who have commented did not. We all heard the JS references to their number 15, mostly because his mop of blond hair, Im not sure the 15 thought it complimentary but it wasnt harnful to children. It is clear you do not attend FF as this season I have only called in to say "Hi" to a few people and was off again.

However Jerry, your prejudices seem well entrenched, and whatever I reply your original script will remain unedited I feel.

So, to get back on track, you didn't stand for the Trust Board? They still have a vacancy to co opt, you ought tto consider it.

R

RWW

This Brent bloke is a genius.

Get hold of Argyle for a very small sum. Get most of the fanbase to think you are the messiah because you have "saved" the club.

Put very very little of your own money in and be allowed to redevelop the grandstand to further your own wealth.

Don't worry about the team - we will loiter at our lowest point in our history for several seasons.

To avoid the fans giving you a hard time get a few "supporters" groups to think they have some power and influence and allow them to fight among themselves. (If possible, use some of the fans as a figurehead around which arguments can circle)

Eventually, though, you will have to get out with your posh new hotel as even Argyle fans will get fed up of being in the bottom ten of Division 4 eventually.

In 20 years time the when someone looks up the phrase "divide and conquer" on google there will be a link to the history of Argyle during this decade....

Mar 2, 2008
tonycholwell":1e9vwy4s said:
Jerry

Gosh, that was better out than in wasn't it? Did you make it to Rotherrham? I only ask because although you said these things happened I and many others who have commented did not. We all heard the JS references to their number 15, mostly because his mop of blond hair, Im not sure the 15 thought it complimentary but it wasnt harnful to children. It is clear you do not attend FF as this season I have only called in to say "Hi" to a few people and was off again.

However Jerry, your prejudices seem well entrenched, and whatever I reply your original script will remain unedited I feel.

So, to get back on track, you didn't stand for the Trust Board? They still have a vacancy to co opt, you ought tto consider it.

It's still wrong though isn't it!
Singing songs/chants about a pedophile?

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Plympton Pong":1n0cm933 said:
tonycholwell":1n0cm933 said:
Jerry

PP it isnt my cup of tea to be honest, but there were no gratuitous references to paedophilia that I heard.

Plympton Pong":2zhepeuy said:
tonycholwell":2zhepeuy said:
Jerry

I think tony must be confused because he states in the exact same post that he didn't hear anything then states that there were comments towards thier number 15. A chant about js is as bad as a joke about it. Double standards there tony.

Tony just seen your comment to pp. it is as bad though isn't it? You're an articulate intelligent bloke but to be frank you're making yourself look like an idiot and that is a sad thing.

What's changed to make you like this? You're not one for silly vendettas and childish attacks! I've been guilty of some stupidity in the past especially towards the trust board but its expected of me, it's not of you though.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Babararacucudada":hazhbuqr said:
TC,

Would you describe yourself as:

a) Hostile
b) Neutral
c) Supportive

... of the Trust?

If the answer is "b) Neutral" then why do you post about it so much?

The answer Baba is "None of the above".

Its true Im no big supporter of the Trust but neither have I gone out of my way to be hostile to it for the past year. Its true I think it has some considerable advantages over any other fan group but mentioned that on Pasoti once, many months ago.

The democratic bit is wearing a bit thin as there will be no election as not enough people came forward. I think many organisations will empathise with that, although I think by not having a Chairman, they have not helped their cause. By not being decisive over the 20% offer they appear ponderous but to be honest, there seems no real groundswell of desire on behalf of members to see it come about.

Now we have the PASB and a new set of Trust people, many I do not know so hard to make judgements.

Because of the quirky set up of the PASB the Trust will control it but what it will do with it is anyones guess.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Leigh Rapson":3cgaki2g said:
Plympton Pong":3cgaki2g said:
tonycholwell":3cgaki2g said:
Jerry

I think tony must be confused because he states in the exact same post that he didn't hear anything then states that there were comments towards thier number 15. A chant about js is as bad as a joke about it. Double standards there tony.

Tony just seen your comment to pp. it is as bad though isn't it? You're an articulate intelligent bloke but to be frank you're making yourself look like an idiot and that is a sad thing.

What's changed to make you like this? You're not one for silly vendettas and childish attacks! I've been guilty of some stupidity in the past especially towards the trust board but its expected of me, it's not of you though.

Leigh, I think you must be multi skilling today because we had this conversation last night. To confirm: I heard as everyone appears to have heard references to the Rotherham player being the offspring of JS because of his shock of blond hair. There were allegedly further more damaging comments that I and many others scattered around the ground did not hear.

It appears you have read but not understood what I wrote to pp, I suggest you read it again.

Nothings changed and you are correct I do not go in for "silly vendettas and childish attacks". However, I abhor paedophilia and its perpetrators and do not find the humiliation of children, dressed as a joke acceptable, when it appears on an Argyle supporting website I will not remain silent. I asked quietly twice for the offending material to be removed it was not and I took action.

And I would again, as I have remained consistent in my beliefs, so if that makes me look an idiot, so be it, I can live with that, which is more than some of JS victims have been able to do.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
John

I wont quote the whole of your post as lifes too short, so a few snappy points from me:

1. I have not used or inferred the word competition.

2. Rather than pointt score, I empathiised with your plight over the non election.

3. We have love and unity:)

4. As constiituted for electoral purposes the Trust was always going to have the lion share. Thats not bitching, its just a fact.

5. I was attracted to the PASB because it had limited but defined reasons to exist. And by being the only group with face time with the Board as its reason for being, stood a reasonable chance of success.