Nomination period for Trust board election closes 5pm Wed | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Nomination period for Trust board election closes 5pm Wed

T

Tim Chown

Hi,

If you're a member of the Argyle Fans' Trust and would like to help steer its development and future activities, please consider putting yourself forward to stand on the Trust board. Nominations close on Wednesday.

There's more information here, including some basic info on what's involved, and both email and telephone contact details for our Secretary, Linda Fleming should you have further questions.

http://www.argylefanstrust.com/2012/10/15/the-trust-board-needs-you

Nominations can be submitted by email.

Tim

G

Green Monk

Is there anymore news on this? I see the nomination deadline passed over a week ago.

T

Tim Chown

Hi,

The Election Management Group (EMG) for the Trust election process should have a statement to release very soon.

Tim

T

Tim Chown

The EMG has issued the following statement:

http://www.argylefanstrust.com/2012/10/28/emg-statement

As a result, according to the Trust's Election Policy, candidates John Petrie, Jon Sparkes and Andy Symons will be declared elected at the AGM on November 24th.

The Trust would like to express its thanks to outgoing board members Paul Bartolini, Richard Blight, and John Demellweek for their service.

One further volunteer will be co-opted to the board after the AGM to bring the board up to six members.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Congratulations to Jon and John but I won't have Symons representing me so therefore I wish to have my Trust membership cancelled and I will confirm this by email.

Feb 21, 2011
PL2 3DQ":dtaayw7w said:
Congratulations to Jon and John but I won't have Symons representing me so therefore I wish to have my Trust membership cancelled and I will confirm this by email.
Well that's you here and IJN on Twitter with an anti Andy Symons stance, should I even know who this guy is and why he seems to divide opinion?

Mar 10, 2010
Derby
BadBoy":3gk5ugdd said:
PL2 3DQ":3gk5ugdd said:
Well that's you here and IJN on Twitter with an anti Andy Symons stance, should I even know who this guy is and why he seems to divide opinion?
personally he used to be a good friend, someone I would have a pint with, even pop over for a cuppa tea. But we have grown apart, he seems anti everything these days.. he used to attend fan fests. Gts away trips, the brit etc and he has detached himself, I don't understand why, he just comes accross negative a lot online, but when I have seen him in person barely says a word. It's just a bit odd how his character changed from one extreme to the other in my opinion

PL2 3DQ":2hmfdfxm said:

Just reading this at 2.55 AM and thinking I am half asleep, ( wish I was ! ) , I read it a few times and wondered if this was someone ( a child ) using PL2 3DQ 's account, surely not ?

I do not know Mr Symons but surely to deprive the Trust of your, I'm sure , very welcome ten pounds is a little bit over the top shall we say? It smacks of childish playground mam for tat, in my opinion, not the stance of an adult.

Whatever Mr Symons has done to you surely you can give him credit for volunteering his time and effort ( free ) to work on a Committee to further the aims of The Trust that some of us support wholeheartedly ?

As for the comment below by another poster, ZZ something, this all smacks of personal vendettas on Pasoti
the same as the Tony C - H saga, what is happening to Pasoti these days ? Maybe it's good therapy to 'bare our souls' on here these days, now do I have a personal vendetta that you should all know about...... :lol:

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
PL2 3DQ":9v3rf2bj said:

Sorry posty but thats rather pathetic. A little childish.

I am glad we have a mix on the trust board. Sick if the bickering. I hope u reconsider, we're stronger together.

G

Gareth Nicholson

I note that, in the other place, Andy has commented:

I'm fully commited to the aims and objectives of the Trust, and look forward to working with the other Board members to grow the membership, get the best possible deal for fans in concluding the share offer the James Brent has made and I'm particularly looking forward to working on the various community projects, starting with the collection for Plymouth Foodbank, which I know the Trust and its members will support wholeheartedly.

Focusing on things like the foodbank collection and standing fullsquare behind the aims and objectives of the Trust is surely what any member wants of someone on the board. It makes people renouncing their membership look fairly petty as they've clearly put personality above Plymouth Argyle.

Good luck to board in its latest incarnation. A thriving Trust needs strong characters with opinions.

Two people who deserve the thanks of every member for the work they've put in to the Trust and the thankless tasks that aren't the 'sexy' ones are John D and Richard B (and also Sally Snow, Margaret Carn, Laura Starr and anyone who's volunteered over the last year and more). They've put in a huge amount of work into getting the Trust's administrative functions on the right track, and have done so in a climate of nonsense that nobody voluteering for such a role deserved. They've earned the right to enjoying Argyle games again without having to abandon family members for Trust work.

I know some will disagree, but I think this club needs a strong Trust. At its best, it should be an organisation beholden to nobody, interested solely in Plymouth Argyle and its fans as an institution and a community and staying the course no matter what the ownership of the club. That's why I'm not completely on board with the PASB idea: what one owner can give, another (or even the same one) can take away.

Mar 10, 2010
Derby
Thai green":1e2a6uvb said:
As for the comment below by another poster, ZZ something, this all smacks of personal vendettas on Pasoti
the same as the Tony C - H saga, what is happening to Pasoti these days ? Maybe it's good therapy to 'bare our souls' on here these days, now do I have a personal vendetta that you should all know about...... :lol:

I don't have any vendetta against anyone.
To make it clear, him being on the Trust does not change my opinion of the Trust.
If anything I was saying how it's a shame I don't see much of him any more, and he used to be good fun, and a good friend.
I was giving my view on why he divides opinion.. I think it's because of how pally he used to be, and how distant he now is. :sad:

ZeeZan6":1g2jauqg said:
Thai green":1g2jauqg said:

To make it clear, him being on the Trust does not change my opinion of the Trust.
If anything I was saying how it's a shame I don't see much of him any more, and he used to be good fun, and a good friend.
I was giving my view on why he divides opinion.. I think it's because of how pally he used to be, and how distant he now is. :sad:

Fair enough, I'm pleased you clarified that, we all have different opinions on the Trust as with all other aspects of Argyle life, mine is very positive, you admit yours is negative, that is ok with me. I hope you can heal your friendship with Mr Symons as it was obviously very good. We all divide opinion, that is democracy in action.

B

bandwagon

Christ, this is turning into a right soap opera - as Thoe says on the Dragons Den - I'm Out!!!!!!!

Mar 10, 2010
Derby
Thai green":2z1z975h said:
ZeeZan6":2z1z975h said:
Thai green":2z1z975h said:

Fair enough, I'm pleased you clarified that, we all have different opinions on the Trust as with all other aspects of Argyle life, mine is very positive, you admit yours is negative, that is ok with me. I hope you can heal your friendship with Mr Symons as it was obviously very good. We all divide opinion, that is democracy in action.

I'm not negative about the Trust idea as a whole to be honest, but currently our Trust doesn't seem to have any purpose. I did not renew my membership in May(?) when mine ran out, although I have attended their events like the Pig racing night.
I nominated Andy the first time he stood for the Trust, I think he will fit in and work well with people currently on board too.