No Vaccine Passport (update - Covid pass needed from 15 December) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

No Vaccine Passport (update - Covid pass needed from 15 December)

OnicknowlePete

Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 6, 2004
Plymouth
It is obvious that the LFT will be abused by some who don't give a fig leaf about their fellow supporters, but like many that will have had both jabs and the booster i take confidence that most of us do give a damn. What will be interesting is that if the decision is changed in future to say that only vaccine passes will suffice,
Pete

Jan 11, 2016
At a recent Lille home game I attended it was the now customary mask, security search and covid passport routine. 35,000 crowd - no fuss, pretty swift processing and nobody inconvenienced. Adequate numbers of decently trained stewards is the answer. No reason why it can't work at Home Park.

Nov 2, 2004
It would seem sensible to check as many season ticket holders as possible in advance. It would only need to be completed once.

Aug 4, 2011
Just to clarify, you DON’T need to of had a booster (or even booked one) as long as you’ve had your 2 jabs. You can d/l the certificate from the NHS app. To be honest I can’t see any great level of due diligence being taken by stewards / turnstile operators, the pressure will be on to clear supporters into the ground as quickly as possible.

greenpig27

Jam First
Aug 16, 2005
plymouth
Just to clarify, you DON’T need to of had a booster (or even booked one) as long as you’ve had your 2 jabs. You can d/l the certificate from the NHS app. To be honest I can’t see any great level of due diligence being taken by stewards / turnstile operators, the pressure will be on to clear supporters into the ground as quickly as possible.
If you do not have a mobile...does the paper certificate posted to us suffice ?

Aug 4, 2011
If you do not have a mobile...does the paper certificate posted to us suffice ?
Yes of course, but like I said, I can’t see the stewards or turnstile operatives being put in a position to question or even give more than a cursory glance at someone’s “passport”. Who’s to say the name on the document even matches the person entering the ground as not every ticket will have the holders name on it.

Oct 19, 2021
It’s all a bit of a nonsense really. The stewards will have a cursory glance at people’s phones or paperwork but anyone could easily just take a screenshot of someone else’s covid passport or photocopy the paper copy. And obviously the lateral flow tests are easy to get round. Covid passports and masks have also made little difference to infection rates in Scotland and Wales but there we are. I don’t really care about having to show my passport as long as the queues are not unreasonable.

John Cooper

Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Does anyone know what the situation for under 16s is? I've looked and cannot see any detail. Ours have the one vaccination they allowed. Will they have to provide proof and if so how (we have their cards)? Or will they have to rely solely on LFTs.
Whilst looking for something else, saw this about U18's

The bit that currently applies to you would be "People under 18 do not have to show proof of their vaccination or test results for domestic events or venues in England."
Hopefully the club will issue guidance on what is needed, how to get it etc, etc

Reactions: GoGoGreen
Aug 12, 2010
South Wales
I read something about photo I.D. being required with vaccination certificates which makes sense.

Personally, since the "Emergency" act of parliament enabling various forms of mandatory restrictions on how we live is potentially forever, I am opposed. Others will have differing views, but I am surprised at the meek acceptance,
It looks to me like this has come about as a publicity stunt to deflect attention from Boris J.
Is the vaccination effective against omicron transmission? Seems not. For instance the Scandinavian party, 120 people attend all double jabbed, 100 contract Omicron.

Last edited:
Reactions: Green 1886

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
I read something about photo I.D. being required with vaccination certificates which makes sense.

Personally, since the "Emergency" act of parliament enabling various forms of mandatory restrictions on how we live is potentially forever, I am opposed. Others will have differing views, but I am surprised at the meek acceptance,
It looks to me like this has come about as a publicity stunt to deflect attention from Boris J.
Is the vaccination effective against omicron transmission? Seems not. For instance the Scandinavian party, 120 people attend all double jabbed, 100 contract Omicron.
Let's not talk down the vaccinations ghostie!
It may not stop transmission or infection but ithelps you fight the virus and not end up in hospital or engaged in a daisy-pushing competition before your time.
Vaccinations fight the disease, they don't necessarily prevent you catching it or dying of it. That's why those unvaccinated cannot lean on a herd immunity benefit!
Get vaccinated!!